“Food was good...management pathetic”
Review of Elements Steakhouse and Grille - CLOSED

Elements Steakhouse and Grille
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Owasso
“Food was good...management pathetic”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant is inside the Riverspirit Casino in Tulsa, OK.

We were really excited to try this restaurant again after a change in management. We came with some friends to celebrate a birthday. As we were a larger party of 8, we made reservations, so they knew we were coming, so they really had no excuse for the incredibly poor service.

When we first arrived only 6 of us were there, so we ordered drinks and a couple of appetizers. Our server was prompt with our drinks and the appetizers were out pretty quickly. Eventually he suggested he take our orders and have them ready to go and he could take our last two members orders when they arrived, which we did. When our last two arrived he took their order and we almost never saw him again.

The hostess and manager decided it would be a great idea to sit at least four other tables in our server's area and it was large area, with tables spread a large distance apart. Then they decided it would be good to not help him. He was running around like an energizer bunny but he got very little accomplished. He'd do "drive-by's" of our table to ask us what we needed but didn't give anyone time to respond and then he'd hurry off to another table. He NEVER refilled our drinks, period.

Eventually salads came for some in our group. Two of the salads were wrong and a party member's soup, which he wanted served with the main meal, was brought out. He sent it back to the kitchen. We couldn't stop or find the server and someone in our party went and found the manager standing near the door with the hostess (where she had been the whole night) and dragged her to our table. We complained and she filled most of our tea glasses, she missed one, and took the salad back. One party member decided not to have a replacement salad. The manager eventually brought back the correct salad and we never saw her again. Those who got salads said they were excellent.

After the salads, the server returned with our main meal. Most of the food was good, though again there were problems. Our party member's French Onion Soup was brought out again. It was apparent instead of making a new one, they just kept the old one "warm" under a heat lamp. Too bad the soup was cold. It looked like they sliced a hamburger bun, melted some cheese on it and threw it on top of the soup. It literally sat on the edge of the bowl, none of the bread was in the soup. You could pick it up like a hockey puck. He tried to return it again but we couldn't flag down the server. Another party member's steak was overcooked but she didn't dare send it back for fear she'd never see it again, so she ate it.

Our server "picked up" our salad and appetizer dishes but left them on the tray next to the table (see picture) We actually refilled our own glasses of tea, though there wasn't any ice. We looked for the manager or server but they weren't about.

After eating we were ready to go. Our birthday guest was seriously disappointed with the meal. It was her 79th birthday and they had promised to "do something special" but that never happened. She was so disgusted she just got up and left.

Our party member refused to pay for the soup he couldn't eat and another didn't want to pay for the salad that was wrong and they decided they didn't want a replacement for, whic hhe server understood. When he brought back the checks the items were still on the check and he had to take it back and ring it up again, before finally getting it right.

The food was good, though overpriced for what it was. We liked the spinach artichoke dip and the white queso dip. The French Onion soup was a huge disappointment, though just from the looks because it was cold and not edible. The mushroom side dish was excellent! Overall the food was a serious improvement over the last time we were there.

The problem was the service and I won't lay the fault at the foot of the server. He was trying but getting absolutely no help. They knew they were going to have a big group, we had reservations and they knew he was busy but no one helped him. Instead they put at least four other groups in his area. The manager let him sink alone. She stood by the door yacking with the hostess and did absolutely NOTHING to help until she was dragged over and then did the bear minimum and nothing else. She never followed up to make sure the service improved. She never came back, period. Lazy and pathetic.

I can honestly say, with the other choices in the area (Logan's is just down the road) and a better steakhouse at the other large casino in town (McGill's on 19) I won't be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank hkay_h

Oklahoma City, OK
“Nice place...too expensive”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I thought the place was really nice but for the quality and quantity of food... Way overpriced!! The prime rib I had was the smallest and thinnest piece of meat I've ever received in a restaraunt as well as their lobster tail! Then we had to wait in the front about 10 minutes before they even spoke to us other than to tell us hang on a minute while 3 of them was discussing a problem they were having. Then we waited another 10 minutes for our table to be ready but when we walked in, there were only about 4 other diners?? Why did we have to wait on a table to be ready?? Anyways our waiter was Houston and he was awesome!! Walk away Houston... I see no future at Elements. Such a shame too because the place is very nice and someone could make it a great place to eat. :(

• Visited July 2013
Claremore, Oklahoma
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Friday night before a concert. I had the seared salmon with grilled asparagus and my wife had the snow crab, grilled asparagus and we split the baby green salad. All the food was very good. We had a glass of white wine and a creame brulee for desert. The waiter was very good and our bill was around $60. For the quality of the food and the service we felt that was a very good price. We have had much worse food for a lot more money at other restaurants. On concert nights you need a reservation to get a table at a decent time. They also do a monthly meal and wine tasting special that we want to go back for. If your are looking for some upscale food at some reasonable prices then check this place out. The only negative is you have to walk through a smoky casino to get to the restaurant, but it is well worth holding your nose to get there.

• Visited March 2013
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Average, At Best”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I tried Elements Steakhouse as we received a $25 food credit from River Spirit casino. We were not as impressed as previous Trip Advisor reviewers. We went on a Monday evening and found the service to be pretty slow. From placing an order for iced tea to ordering our food, and receiving our food, we had to wait an excessive amount of time. The rolls were delivered cold and they were tough. I had the prime rib, medium well, and my wife ordered the maple-something flavored grilled pork chop. Mine was almost ice cold and her food was very hard to cut and chew. Without tip and if we had no coupon, the amount would have been close to $60. I believe that I can do better with many other restaurants in the Tulsa area for prime rib. I may try this place again, but it will not be anytime soon. I have included a picture of the food I received. The server insisted that I cut the prime rib before he left our table.

TIP: Go to Toby Keith's at the Hard Rock casino for prime rib.

• Visited August 2012
Tulsa, Ok
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We have eaten here several times and have always had great service and the food is excellant. We usually get steak, which not only has good flavor but is so tender you almost cut it with your fork. The salads are very good (they are also very generous). The spinach artichoke dip is the best I've ever eaten. Elements is our favorite resturant.

• Visited April 2012