“Food, Dancing, Sports, Drinks, FUN, FUN, FUN”

River Spirit Casino Resort
Ranked #24 of 114 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: River Spirit Casino Resort has brought a little slice of paradise to Tulsa with Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant, which opened in 2016. The addition of this new casino means River Spirit now has two casinos in one, each with its own distinctive atmosphere and décor. With over 3,000 high-tech electronic machines, numerous poker tables and table games, River Spirit Casino and Margaritaville Casino are the destination of choice for casino excitement. River Spirit Casino Resort features a luxurious 483-room hotel, retail shops, a 30,000 square foot convention and meeting center, a 2,500+ seat showroom theater for live entertainment and sporting events. Guests can enjoy several dining and entertainment venues including Visions Buffet, Johnny Rockets - The Original Hamburger, Scoreboard Sports Bar, 5 o'Clock Somewhere Bar, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant. Ruth's Chris Steak House, the latest culinary addition to our growing portfolio of exciting restaurant offerings, is scheduled to open in January 2017. Additional casino amenities include non-smoking gaming areas and a high-stakes room.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Wonderful Tulsa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, Dancing, Sports, Drinks, FUN, FUN, FUN”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've never had a bad (nor even fairly decent) time--it's always amazing--goes for those I bring too.
That being said, I live close by. I'm not here to comment on the effects of gambling institutions on surrounding areas, not here to comment on payouts or morality. I enjoy good times, if you enjoy smiling or/and fun--come check this place out. Better than Hard Rock and Million Dollar Elm, more open than both, friendlier employees than both, way more convenient--I've even met the GM (3 TIMES!) as he walks around shaking hands and checking up on the customers-
Buffet_____
Now-truthfully, I don't gamble. Card tables in the back look nice, BlackJack type tables look nice, saw a sign recently (June '10) said "roulette coming soon" looks nice, but the Buffet-- with floor to ceiling open windows, with spacious seating--Spectacular! The only wait is just waiting on people in front of you to pay--at Hard Rock that place has all the ambiance of a Libby's Cafeteria in the 90's and is so small the wait is horrendous. I've had both Seafood buffets, in addition to regular nights, no need to go back to Hard Rock, River Spirit's food is outrageously delicious. The wait staff is super friendly--once, 8 of us went for breakfast, we sat there laughing and conversing so long they started serving lunch. Instead of odd looks and distrusting eye ( you know in case we were there trying to get the super low lunch cost of 7 bucks for the super low breakfast cost of 4 bucks) --- None of that. All helpful smiles, playful wait staff. I could spend an hour giving you good stories of the staff, food, cooks--yes talk with them, chat with them, if you don't approach them, they'll approach you with a smile. My favorite; the ladies behind the dessert counter-they are awesome and proud of their desserts. One poster said the dessert portions are small!? They have a 100+ selection of all kinds of stuff, sure most of them are one or two bite portions-I'd rather have 10 different things than one big singular item, most of the time. But if only one thing is to your liking, grab 5 of them. One Sunday morning ( a busier day due to their famous award winning Champagne Brunch) the lovely helpful Chefs reached under the counter to give me half a dozen of these Chocolate Brule covered in Chocolate Mousse in a Chocolate Bar type cup-- (I had a major Chocolate craving!) -On a busy day no less. How's that for service at a buffet!?
Entertainment_____
Now, the Sports Bar, the seating vs. TV placement is a little odd. But the big screens over the bar are great. Drinks are good, decently priced---always drink and beer specials--in a year and half they always had super cold domestic drafts 16 oz for $2 and there's been several specials for less, and delicious Boulevard Wheat 16 oz for $2.25 most months (same price all over the casino).
For entertainment, the Flagship of this place is the Mystic River Lounge. Saw the B-52's there, countless Football games (college Thurs. and Sat., pro Sundays) and other Sports, and countless great live acts, mostly regional or local. It's more for pure fun, then hosting Journey or Celine, that's other Tulsa venue's niche. For sports (yes, even the US World Cup Soccer Matches at 8am and College Hoops in March) seriously the best place in town. The biggest HD projection in town. The clearest HD projection in town, cold beer, super comfortable chairs, great snacks brought to you by the waitresses in corsets (you know like the cocktail waitresses in Vegas)-and often they'll have a nacho or hot dog bar set up for big games ( like OU vs Tx or OSU (GO Pokes!) or Neb, --not just bowl games). One bad note, Saturday's games on the big screen get turned off for the live music before 9 pm, so no late game in the lounge on Saturday-have to head over to the sports bar. Oh, yeah, the sound system, ever watch a game at Leon's, Hooter's ( or any other of the places at 61st and Memorial (there or gone or renamed)), Fox and Hound, Soco's, and the worst of all Buffalo Wild Wings in Broken Arrow with all the kids, AND NOT HEAR A THING THE ANNOUNCERS SAY. What penalty? What yard line? Who's getting subbed? I hate that. Best sound anywhere, hear the announcers clearly, and still talk in normal tones to your party across the table. The Lounge even cuts out the Casino noise, how is that possible!?
Other Notes_____
What else can I say...? Oh the cafe, 2.95 breakfast all the time--big plate of breakfast. The 8.95 double burger, or everything burger--feeds two, don't over eat, finishing this baby will only slow you down in this place. (don't quote me on those prices, but they are not off more than a dollar, seriously burger and fries for 5 bucks w/ unlimited drink a person w/ that ultimate burger or whatever it's called)
I've never seen drama in this place, I've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I've danced till 2, I've stopped by for happy hour, and breakfast after the bar at 3 am, I run the trails at night in the summer (never seen any crime or worried about safety either). I've been all times of the day and never seen drama. Once a 30-ish looking girl looked drunk and started in on her male companion in hushed tones, nearby security guy was there in a second to ask if everything was alright before any drama even started. I’ve also stumbled in quite drunk to get 3am breakfast, and never been hassled. So security has a great balance, enjoyment-for-all is king here. I do drive by often and have seen many o' cars pulled over, so do obey all traffic laws, Tribal and Tulsa police share jurisdiction there I would imagine. No drinking or driving, they'll get you a cab. $20 fare vs. 5 grand for a DUI. I'm just saying. (By the way, reading my post sounds like I drink all the time--not true. I've been there sober more times than I've been drinking. Those against drinking, and those not: all have a good time).
Oh yeah, cancer loving cigarette smokers, whew-hew, YEA! you get to smoke freely anywhere ('cept maybe the buses). BUT your stinky smoke gets sucked 30 feet into the air almost immediately, so my clothes don't ever smell, and my lungs don't get your second hand disease. I'm still gonna out live ya!
Parking____
real Hot or real Cold days and low casino traffic, park under the casino & take the elevator up. Late Late night and early morning, park on the south side and walk in the bus entrance. All other times, take the first right past 81st (heading south on Riverside Dr towards the casino) into the multi-level garage for free parking, and free (quick!) bus ride to the entrance door. Last winter they did a promo of giving $10 free play in the bus when the garage opened--it was so successful they still do it with free $10 match play (maybe $5) every now and then. There's free valet, never tried it, not my thing. They park your car on the first level of the garage, so covered parking and I guess they take the constant bus, for low wait times. Never really paid attention to the valet.
You should listen to me. I've been to countless casino's; Colorado, KC, Vegas, Tunica and area, California, Shreveport, Bahamas, and Japan (though those were of a different animal). Food wise, remodeled the kitchen a year ago, and never bought a new fridge-So yes, I eat out nearly every meal (No, No I don't know why) eaten everything in tulsa from Mexican hole in the wall where no one speaks english to Molly's Landing and Utica Sq. Grew up in small town, been all over Mexico and US, Germany, Belgium, England, and Japan. Never lived in a trailer, lived in far more than 1 place. National Guard paid for College. Have a dog. and love and respect my parents. partied more than 10 yrs ago and take low dose aspirin and dark chocolate by doc's orders now.

1 Thank daytrips4brew

Pittsburg, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They knocked themselves out to please us.....”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We've made several motor coach trips to River Spirit and Sunday, June 13th, they had Motor Coach Customer Appreciation Days and they absolutely knocked themselves out to please us. Not only did we get some free play, we received special t-shirts and they provided a special "island buffet" for all the gamblers that came on the buses. I was one of the fortunate ones to have my name drawn for additional free play and a River Spirit gift pack with all sorts of nice gift items inside. The day was absolutely fantastic. Don't think I stopped playing the slots long enough to get a cup of coffee all day long. I'd win some and lose some but the machines paid out well enough that I was entertained most of the day without a big investment on my part. As I indicated, we've made other trips to River Spirit and have been pleased with the reception we received, the courtesy of the employees, thought the buffet was nice, and to me, the slots paid out better than Hard Rock. The last time we went to Hard Rock, the place seemed rather empty but River Spirit seems to be busy each time we've been there.

1 Thank mobilron
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“River Spirit Casino Menace”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This casino used to be a low-level gambling center for bingo and rocket bingo, but now is a menace to the City of Tulsa. Unlike other major Tulsa casinos (Million Dollar Elm, Hard Rock, etc.), this gambling powerhouse is located in the center of South Tulsa. The casino itself has eked millions of dollars out of the residents of the surrounding apartment complexes and neighborhoods and in return created a rise in crime and traffic to them. This facility should have been built far away from our schools and our city. Despite plans a for the relocation of the Rivertrails East Arkansas River Trail relocation that were announced in 2006, no construction has ever taken place. The pedestrians and bicyclists of the scenic and popular Tulsa Rivertrail is continually threatened by the actions of flustered motorists leaving the casino making the area an extremely dangerous area for anyone. The trail could have been easily located to the east bank of the river, but instead the Muscogee Creek Nation chose to use the millions of dollars given to it by generous gamblers to build its new facility without constructing a trail to circumnavigate it.

4 Thank jenksbass
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Very good music at night”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

They have really good music on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Starts at 9:00 PM, but you better arrive much earlier if you want a seat --- as seating is very very limited.

Skip the gambling there - slots have been tightened so much.... everyone that walks out of there is busted... the bells do NOT make music, like they did a half a year ago..... something is up.... their profit for sure!

3 Thank Integrator
Tulsa
“Don't try to get rich, doulble your money and QUIT”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Normally leave with 100 to 200 winner. Buffett at Hard Rock is much better. Deserts portions are so small at RiverSpirit.