La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square
$221
$188
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
All reviewstulsa airporteasy access to the highwayroom was cleanyogurthot tubfree breakfastpleasant staywould definitely stay here againdesk clerknight staytulsa areathe breakfast areachecking instaff was friendlyparking lotvery nice hotellq
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Our family was making our yearly trip to ABA Grand Nationals and always stay at La Quintas due to the hospitality they have towards pets. We chose the wrong one to stay at this time. When I made the reservation I specifically asked the front desk does the hot tub work, knowing it would be beneficial to my kids that would be racing that week. However when we got there to use it, no jets. The front desk said they would have it serviced. Three nights later still no jets. Went to the front desk to ask about it the lady said oh they just have to be turned on, then took the time to go into the locked room where the staff is responsible to turn on the system daily. So could have had use of the tub for several nights had staff been properly trained.
Then we had a toilet stopped up my husband went to inform front desk where he was told sorry no one is here to help you at which point he was handed a plunger over the counter to go off and play plumber. The result, a flood of crap all over the floor we got to clean up because no one was there to help us.
Upon returning home we got to thinking about our stay and felt as though a partial refund for our stay was in order, I called to speak with their GM Dan Desi. I felt this was only fair because we could have stayed at another LQ in the area cheaper but chose to pay more for the benefit of the hot tub (that was working 1 night of our stay) and shouldn't my husband be paid for his plumbing services. I was insulted by the GM that told me I was not being truthful about my issues he checks daily on his hot tub to be sure it is working. Okay I am going to call and lie about my experience. And he was told someone did offer to fix the toilet. Not true because the one person that was there couldn't leave her crying baby that she had at work with her behind the counter. In the end he agreed to apply a lousy $107 back to my card ( the same one I had told them I didn't want charged to in the first place) would have considered a stay there again next year had management handled this properly but not now and I will be sure to let all our friends that make the yearly trip to Tulsa to pick another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisav_73
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Room was decorative and clean.staff was very helpful,breakfast good,location good.
liked everything and will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel was very clean and fairly new. The room was very clean and modern, but the lock on our door didn't work. Overall, the hotel was very nice, however, it was not in a part of town that i would like to revisit. We checked in pretty late bc we had to have dinner a good distance away bc there weren't any nice restaurants nearby. As we pulled up there were shady people who were just meandering ar the hotel which didn't make it feel very safe.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was a decent hotel, pretty clean, however it is not very old. The rooms were spacious and had comfortable beds. Hot tub did not work, and the front desk staff was not the most professional. They were a little brash.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TUfamily
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is a new LaQuinta that is billed as an "airport" hotel. Yes, it is not far from the airport but not exactly close. There is a shuttle but be advised that the shuttle does not run 24/7. I flew in at 10:30 pm and had to take a cab to the tune of $12. Call ahead and factor that into your budget. Other than that, this is a clean hotel with a very good staff. Very good value and comfort. It's your box standard LaQuinta breakfast which is more than adequate for a business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business