“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”

Ranked #16 of 1,351 Restaurants in Tulsa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Description: The Chalkboard has long been a Tulsa staple and today along with their properly trained and professional staff, there is a fresh young passion and enthusiasm to exceptional service and a love for culinary cuisine. They have succeeded to produce hard work, dedication, and fresh new ideas for the service provided at the Chalkboard. So come in and dine or let us take care of your catering needs.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My son's rehearsal dinner was held at the Chalkboard. The Tuscany Room is lovely, and the catering manager made certain that everything was perfectly in place early in the day. Perfectly starched linens, gleaming serving utensils, and everything in place 'just so'. We had asked for a place to set up our projector for a slide show, and she made certain that it not only had a separate table, but was set up and running. We had more than enough servers, which is so very important. The food was wonderful, and we got many compliments from our guests on the brussels sprouts, salad, prime rib, chicken piccatta and bread pudding. We could not have asked for more. I always have reservations about a large dinner because usually they turn out awkward and either the food or the service is lacking. Not so at the Chalkboard. I would plan another event there any time. Carrie, the catering manager, is an exceptional organizer. She really listens to your wishes and then makes certain that the restaurant delivers.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Starred a mini-tradition to go to concerts in Tulsa and dinner at the Chalkboard. The restaurant is cozy and charming. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The food is delicious. Meals are not highly creative, but there are tasty twists. Steak with a fried egg is a protein dream. An individual Beef Wellington with fried Brussels sprouts (the only Brussels sprouts my wife likes in the world) was delicious. My wife loved her foie gras and her duck. The bar has a wide choice of single malt scotch. And to get to the concert they provide trolley service to and from the BOK. Fully enjoyable experience each time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had dinner at the Chalkboard last night. The service was fine, nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular. The food was fine, nothing to complain about but again nothing spectacular. The portion sizes were small (in fact my husband had to have a large bowl of cereal when we got home as he was still hungry and even I would have liked a larger portion). The prices were expensive and the food was....fine. We did not order any salads, or soups, or appetizers, no beverages, our cost per person of $52 for an entree and dessert (and tax and tip) was expensive.

Next time I will take my $50 and go someplace else.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in Tulsa this week on business staying, as i often do, at The Ambassador. The hotel restaurant is The Chalkboard. While I have eaten there before and it has always been good, I really do have to give them kudos for the dinner I had from their Restaurant Week menu. It was a 3 course meal with a lovely salad to start. The main course was a huge bone in pork chop with a mustard peppercorn sauce served with roasted brussel sprouts--it was amazing....Dessert was bread pudding which I usually don't care for, but this version was terrific. All in all, a very impressive meal in a cozy restaurant with always attentive service.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited the bar whilst staying in the hotel. Much of the wine by the glass was unavailable. Poor for somewhere purporting to be upmarket. Staff really didn't care.

Been to The Chalkboard? Share your experiences!