“Spring Break”

Philbrook Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 121 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: This vast art museum, housed in an Italian style villa, has numerous exhibits from European, American, Asian, Native American and African artists and is surrounded by acres of lush gardens.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable day viewing all of the art exhibits and having a wonderful lunch at the museum. If you like quiche, we hightly recommend it. It was surrounded by a wonderful salad and fresh fruit/melon. The delightful lunch was the highlight of our museum tour. We really enjoyed the the temporary Aphrodite tour. Well done Philbrook. We wish the weather would have been better so that we could have had a leisurely walk around the beautifully landscaped grounds.

1  Thank Dpskl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is really a wonderful museum. I would highly recommend it! The children find it very interesting and there are always things for them to do. So very interesting!!! The gardens are beautiful and well kept. Don't miss it.

1  Thank MJO1970
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went for the children's program on Saturday and also viewed the photos of Hollywood stars. Program for kids was very organized and enjoyed by the granddaughter. She also loves the gift shop.
The restaurant is excellent also. Went there prior to this and enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I had complimentary tickets from a local hotel.
We didn't have much time when we arrived at 3:00 pm on March 16.
When I asked about the lateness of the day, the door staffer suggested to us if we wanted to look over the gardens, we should try to soon as they will begin to lock up about 30 minutes prior to closing. Closing being at 5:00pm.
We checked out the area for traveling displays. This one was Aphrodite from Roman Mythology. Even had a small section that was for mature patrons. : )
The garden area is great. There was a few things blooming, and a couple water features going. We only managed to cover the main area in the 30 minutes we were outside.
Inside are many different rooms, as this was once a private house changed into a museum. Each room, or set of rooms, were designed in original decor, things from the family travels, or information about the area.
A short review for a short visit.
We are planning on a return trip later in the spring to fully see what it can be.

1  Thank CurtisKansas
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Tulsa my whole life have gone to the Philbrook Museum countless times. My family and I are members of the museum and always have a great time going there. They have coloring kits for kids which include a scavenger hunts for a special piece of art for the month. They also have special exibates almost every month! They have really fun events too! Every third Thursday they will have some kind of event. If you are a artistic person you will love the museum! You are welcome (as long as your not in anyones way) to paint and draw what you see inside and outside. Outside of the museum is so beautiful, it really brightens your day up. The landscaping of the building and the outside is very well done too. There are summer classes too, for kids and older kids. I have taken many classes and they are very fun. They also have movie nights on the lawn. If you are graduating high school and have to take your yearbook pictures somewhere the Philbrook is usually on the list. They also have a nice dinning place the food is very well made. There are also many benches and restrooms so if you need to sit or go to the restroom you don't have to go on a scavenger hunt to look for one. They also have very nice attendants and staff who are very helpful. And the giftshop is AMAZING! I love it! They always have very cool things! I love the Philbrook and if you don't have anything to do I would go there. It's fun and you learn new things at the same time!

1  Thank Katy W