“Super 8 Tulsa”
Review of Super 8 Tulsa East

Super 8 Tulsa East
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed March 26, 2014

When I visited here in Aug 2013 it had just changed hands over to Super 8. This had been a Knights Inn for about a year and then a Motel 6 since it was built in the late 70.s. They had the Motel 6 wall lights and 19 inch tube TV. The TV had only about 10 Channels and the channels were confusing to find. I only generaly care abou the local stations anyway so that was no big deal. the bathroom exhaust fan did not work. There was a working fridge and microwave. the carpet appeard new and was clean. Sometime in the recent past they had installed new heat and air wall units in the rooms because they had the digital settings, the unit in my room was quite and worked fine. I did go have breakfast in the lobby the next morning and it was OK. It did appear that there was quite a bit of remodeling going on at the time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Sure the room might be smaller than other Super 8's and the breakfast bar not quite up to par of other hotels but the staff has always been friendly, the rooms clean (at least mine was) the price decent and best of all any complaints I've had were resolved quickly. Would I stay here again? Absolutelty. Would I recommend it? Yes. However, I will say that it did have one small flaw and that is the Motel next door. I have seen some questionable characters lurking over there late at night and since the parking lot is shared they are unavoidable if entering from the back entrance. I think the hotel would benefit from a fence separating the properties.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am writing this BEFORE our trip because of the reservation hassles. We used to stay regularly this time of year and will probably pull in for lack of a better alternative. The location right at the 44/244 split is convenient. In years past the rooms have been clean and comfortable, that's what I'm rating the cleanliness on. I may revise this later.

We are a family suffering from food allergies, non-smokers and must prepare our own food. What's more is I have a hurt back and need a ground floor room. You'd think that in this day and age every room would have a microwave and fridge but evidently that is not the case for THIS hotel. They have limited rooms with fridges and microwaves and fewer yet, on the ground floor. We called to make a reservation and were told they could not guarantee a room with a fridge and microwave OR on the ground floor. They said we would have to wait until the day of our arrival and call then. Evidently, someone without a reservation can come in and get the room we would need and we would be relegated to what was left. Is that the way hotels treat reserving customers now?

Well, we did call and they could not guarantee the room. I asked about pushing the arrival back another day and got the same run around. Really? You don't have amenities in ALL rooms? You CANNOT guarantee a room type? A reserving guest can't get a room type guaranteed?

We may stay there this time, IF they can manage to find us the room we need. But next year we will make different plans.

Room Tip: Room quality varies, check it before agreeing to it.
1  Thank Kyle C
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My parents being old fashion and money saver did not review the hotel before booking. I was meeting up with them in Tulsa and they had already book the rooms. I figured since most Super 8 I heard and been to was fine I thought this place will be like the rest as well. To begin, I would not give this place a star if I didn't have to. The rooms were small and dirty. One bed push up right against the heater. My worst complaint would be for their customer service. The front desk lady was on her cell phone the hold time while we had many questions for her. She talked to us in between talking to the person on her cell phone line. The next time we went to front desk, the lady sat at her desk about 5 feet away just starring at us with no greeting what so ever. Not once did she stood up and walk over to us. Instead she answer us from her desk clearly while her cartoon was playing on her laptop. The room was tiny so my parents book another one. A few hours before check out time, our second room was given to another customer. He came and open the door surprise to find people in there. Then while we check out the same front desk lady printed our second room receipt and on there was a strangers information. I quickly handed it back to her and explained that it was not my father. After 10 minutes of looking she could not find our receipt so we just left. I warn you all to stay from this place. You will probably find a better place for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family