“Disappointing”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Local Table
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our monthly dinner group, ranging from 4-7 gals, visitted Local Table again. They pride themselves on using local and seasonal ingredients. However, the meat in two of the dinners was inedible. The menu choices were interesting but upon tasting they were very bland. Not sure we would try it again.

1  Thank bismallw

Reviewed January 29, 2012

In the end, I see I rated everything "average". That sounds harsh, but on total reflection is how I felt the night went.

Salads were passable, but a far cry from what you'd expect from restaurant website. Sloppy presentation, missing some acid in one case. Korean spicy wings offered no spice, and we're whole chicken legs.

On the other hand, burger was sublime: two of us had them, and both cooked perfectly (and from opposite ends of the spectrum).

Glass of red wine served outrageously hot - ruined it. Server said they were stored up high, and the restaurant was very hot anyway. They did respond well and chilled bottle for second glass.

Dessert sorbet very nice.

Very loud - though a common problem in American restaurants.

So overall, average. I'd go back...but I'd certainly try something new first, which offered more consistency.

1  Thank Travel7YYZ
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We visited my son and daughter-in-law last week and they took us. While the room is very plain everything else was great. When we arrived we were the only ones there but by the time we left the place was full. This is a place where you enjoy your meal with people you care about. No rush here. Take your time, breath, relax. Don't go here with people you don't like, if you are in a hurry, or if money is tight. Everything; the salad, steak, veg, desert and drink were top shelf. It was so good that following the meal I asked for the manager to tell him of the wonderful service, food, and joy of the entire evening.

1  Thank Traveleronthecheap
Reviewed July 27, 2009

They never seem all that busy. Food is better on some days than others. Hate that shabby sign they put out on the street. A good place to try for "local" food. I like what they are trying to do.