“What a difference a year makes!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44

Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44
Ranked #77 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Frisco
“What a difference a year makes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

We attended the Wanenmacher’s Gun Show this past weekend in Tulsa, which we do every fall. Last year we stayed at this hotel and the place looked like it needs a little work. My son and I are not particular about a place but we wanted be close to the fairgrounds where the gunshow is held. The manager, last year, had mentioned that the hotel will be going through renovations. Well when we check in this year, the place looked totally different. It was very nice. Looked like they gutted the whole place and everything looked new. It even smelled new. The hotel gave us the same rate as last year also, which was much cheaper then what advertised on the internet.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

My wife and I decided that we needed to just get away for a night. We chose the Comfort Suites Airport along I-44 for its location and the reviews we had read. they were in the process of performing some remodeling/renovation, so the smell of fresh paint was in the air...not that pleasant, but a nice sign of the place being taken care of.

Our room was very nicely furnished, with a king bed, sitting area with sofa, frig and microwave. The breakfast was an expected free breakfast, but still very adequate for a free breakfast. We didn't use the indoor pool, but the pool and pool area looked very nice.

Close, actually within walking distance, is a very good Mexican restaurant named El Chico. The ability to get around from the hotel is aided by being adjacent to I-44, but the road noise was non-existent from our room. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful about the area. The new Hard Rock Hotel/Casino is just a few miles up I-44.

The Comfort Suites was very adequate for our quick getaway to Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport – Tulsa at the end of a long business trip. I had to catch a flight out early in the morning and figured I would drive into town and stay at a hotel close to the airport. Really did not have high expectations given this is a “budget” hotel however I was blown away by the outstanding experience I had at this hotel.

The check-in staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to welcome me to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had a minor issue getting the Wi-fi (which is free) to work but it was resolved right away. Again, what surprised me was not the fact that the internet connection did not work initially; it’s the fact that the issue was resolved right away and courteously. I’ve had similar connection issues at so called “Luxury” hotels where I have to pay $25/day for internet access only to be told to wait and even then the issue was not properly resolved.

The next morning I decided to try the free breakfast before I checked out. This was perhaps the biggest surprise from my stay… the Bill. For $80, I had a nice clean room, outstanding service, free internet access and a free hot breakfast. In these economic times, value like this is hard to find.

Would highly recommend Comfort Suites Airport – Tulsa!

Best Features: Outstanding Service. There was also a heated indoor pool which looked nice but did not have time to use this facility.

Worst Features: Location may not be ideal for business in downtown / south Tulsa but still perfect for north Tulsa / Airport area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

When I booked my stay at this hotel, I did not expect to treated as well as I was from the staff. They really took care of me and made sure I had everything I needed. The rooms were very clean and the bed was sooo comfortable. All in all, if there is a hotel in Tulsa to stay at with great rates and great rooms it is the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in a jacuzzi room with the whirlpool bathtub...we booked that one by mistake instead of the one with the in-room jacuzzi. It was alright, poor ventilation in the bathroom but it was overpriced ($100). The beds were comfy and the hotel has a lot of restaurants nearby (but also some bad neighborhoods). the continental breakfast was sub-standard for a Comfort Suties.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple