“OK place,Odd location”

Ranked #76 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“OK place,Odd location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed at this property for three nights while in Tulsa on business. The hotel is a bit difficult to get to as it's located on a dead end street in back of a K-Mart and a RV dealership. It faces the I-44 freeway. There is a small parking lot which was made smaller by the numerous cars with trailers which took up a lot of space. We had phoned ahead and asked for a ground level room ,since neither the wife or I can cope with stairs too well anymore, but when we arrived were informed that none were available. The front desk clerk didn't seem to be able to cope with the situation and we ended up accepting a second floor room with a "view" of the indoor pool. The rooms were standard Comfort Suites, decent size but certainly NOT a "suite". There was a divider which set apart the couch from the bed area. The problem with this arrangement is that the couch was not all that comfortable and ,when sitting on it, one could only sit on the right side of the couch and still see the TV. Beds were too soft to be really comfortable however others may feel that they were just fine. The bathroom was so small as to be almost claustrophobic. There were numerous small things that needed attention, like a shower curtain that didn't close (fixed at our request) and a in-room safe (which they charged extra for) which didn't work (also fixed at our request), and more attention should have been paid to basic cleaning. All in all we were disappointed with the quality of our stay at this property. It was not typical,in our experience, of Choice Hotels in general.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention! We try very hard to accommodate each and every guest request. Sometimes it is just not possible. We apologize that we were not able to meet your requests this stay due to a large event in Tulsa. We do hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service on your next visit to Tulsa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Haughton, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great stay at comfort suites, they were very courteous at check in and check out to make sure I had everything's as good with the room and my
Visit to their hotel it's a great hotel with nice people

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites East I-44. We are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay. I will share your comments with my staff for the purpose of encouragement. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tulsa!
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I pretty much live in hotels and my experience with the front desk personnel is just as important as the cleanliness of the room. Roy checked me in and made me feel right at home!!! He is a strong asset to your hotel. The room was great too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Comfort Suites East I-44. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with Roy and the rest of my staff. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tulsa!
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm on a two month business assignment in Tulsa. Prior to staying at the Comfort Suites East, I stayed at two other hotels and I must say, third time is the charm.

The hotel is near the highway but it is surprisingly quiet and also away from pass through traffic and riff-raff. The staff is very friendly especially the GM and Roy as they checked me in and out. The housekeeping was great with cleaning my room as the attendant noticed the make-up in the bathroom and left me a make-up remover wipe, which was thoughtful. Lastly, the breakfast was always plentiful.

I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Tulsa and I know I will return soon. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms near the fence are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Each and everyone of our staff members take pride in guest service and our hotel! We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tulsa!
SARATOGA SPRINGS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is in a good location for sight seeing in Tulsa. It can be difficult to find....behind the K Mart with only a small sign on the main road, and then the driveway passes through an area like a truck terminal.

The clerk, Roy, was very congenial and helpful in getting us a quiet room.... one facing the fence. He was VERY helpful with planning our sightseeing.

We had a suite with a sofa , so we had plenty of room. The breakfasts had the usual waffles, cereals, coffee, muffins, fruit and juices. The hotel was clean, quiet, and had comfortable beds.

We would return to this hotel if we ever travel back to Tulsa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the fence.... no view, but less road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites East I-44 for your sight seeing hotel in Tulsa. We would also like to thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and Roy, our Guest Service Agent.
We constantly strive for superior guest service and really appreciate being recognized for a job well done!
We hope to see you on your next trip to Tulsa.
Orland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel is located adjacent to I-44, but it takes a round about way to get to it. First room we were given smelt of Vicks Vapor Rub. Front deck was very nice and gave us another room. Windows in the room did not lock. Needs updating. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Suites East I-44. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and rest assure we have addressed these issues with our Maintenance and Housekeeping department.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Tulsa!
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place was right next to the highway - I wasn't confident that it would be quiet but it was. Our room on the first floor had a view of a fence next to the hotel. But that was ok - since we were only there to sleep. Did laundry - washer and dryer were clean and available and just $1.00 each. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special but it did the trick. We were in and out in 15/20 minutes. The front desk guy gave us directions to Ruby Tuesday's - he was helpful in any way he could be - holding the door for us to bring our things in, etc. Only downside was getting back on the highway in the morning. It was easy off the nite before but a little harder getting back on in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right, since the Comfort Suites East is located right off of I-44 we do not have much of a view. We are glad to hear you were taken great care of by our staff, we pride ourselves
on outstanding customer service! We hope to see you on your next visit to Tulsa.