“Out of the Way”

Ranked #77 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Orland Park, Illinois
“Out of the Way”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel is located adjacent to I-44, but it takes a round about way to get to it. First room we were given smelt of Vicks Vapor Rub. Front deck was very nice and gave us another room. Windows in the room did not lock. Needs updating. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Suites East I-44. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and rest assure we have addressed these issues with our Maintenance and Housekeeping department.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Tulsa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place was right next to the highway - I wasn't confident that it would be quiet but it was. Our room on the first floor had a view of a fence next to the hotel. But that was ok - since we were only there to sleep. Did laundry - washer and dryer were clean and available and just $1.00 each. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special but it did the trick. We were in and out in 15/20 minutes. The front desk guy gave us directions to Ruby Tuesday's - he was helpful in any way he could be - holding the door for us to bring our things in, etc. Only downside was getting back on the highway in the morning. It was easy off the nite before but a little harder getting back on in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right, since the Comfort Suites East is located right off of I-44 we do not have much of a view. We are glad to hear you were taken great care of by our staff, we pride ourselves
on outstanding customer service! We hope to see you on your next visit to Tulsa.
Tulsa,ok
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While checking in for one night, we were charged for two. In the room for less than 30 minutes, since the noise from the highway was so loud, we left the hotel and leave room keys inside. We don't see anybody at the counter while leaving. They charged our credit card for 2 nghts and pretend we used the room for both days when we were actually at another location. We are filing a police report and strongly recommand to avoid this place. On another hand, beside the noise, the place is run down, old and poorly maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank morgkim
csamanager, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Morgkim,

I am so sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. The Comfort Suites East I-44 is located just off the interstate, which many of our customers find convenient, however I can see where someone might be bothered by the highway noise. Since you had checked into the hotel for two nights, but indicated you checked out and left the keys in the room, we must have assumed you stayed for both nights. We will make the correction to your bill as requested. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Tulsa.
Springfield
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel was reasonably priced with no problems noted. Rooms good size and clean. Bathroom has been re-done but still showing minor signs of aging around baseboards. Jacuzzi could be a little cleaner but still very usable. Exercize room was small with basic equipment only. Free breakfast was very good and fresh. Did not use the pool or hot tub but it looked very nice and inviting. Since so close to the interstate, better to have a room on opposite side of facility away from the highway.

Room Tip: Since so close to the interstate, request room on opposite side of facility away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
North Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Comfort Suites East/ I-44 sounds like it would be just off the interstate, right? Not exactly. It is actually at a spot where 169 and I-44 come together and you have to take the 21st street exit to 101st. The hotel is at the end of the road (literally) behind a huge RV dealer and Kmart. That being said, it was super easy to get in and out of because it isn't on a service road and it was surprisingly quiet even though it backs up to the highway. The pool was warm and the room was very clean. True, the hotel is showing a little bit of wear and the shower curtain isn't a good fit for the tub, but the hotel was quite pleasant overall and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The first floor was very nice. Quiet and neat.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank txdorsey
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Driving into the parking lot I was a little skeptical, because it didn't seem like the best area. With cancellation allowed up until the evening of arrival (I forget what time specifically) we gave it a shot. Definitely worth it. Right by the highway, but we only heard it when we opened the window. Room was on first floor, caddy corner from ice, vending and laundry but we never heard it from inside the room. I'll be honest, I looked for something to be wrong with the room (to see how a situation would be handled/resolved) but I couldn't find anything worth even faking uppity over. Our room was a two queen suite, included fridge/micro, coffee maker in room, new tv, nice alarm clock (I've learned, its the little things in life)... Beds were VERY comfortable, I'm a very restless sleeper and the only things that I woke up over were someone bumping the panic or alarm on their car and the alarm clock which was set from/by a previous guest. Could see our car from the room, and saw cameras perched on several corners of the building. Breakfast was great, though I could see where the area may be a bit small for busier mornings. We were too tired to use the pool but it was clean, and the enclosure was balmy, not overly humid or hot, which was nice. The sofa bed and furniture looked to have seen better days, but for the price we paid I couldn't care less about a scratch on the tv stand (didn't mention because we were there for one night, didn't need the sofa and I'm sure a new pull out couch wouldn't be delivered that evening) Also, the room divider may have made it difficult to watch tv from the couch, but for an overnight, laying on the bed or sitting at the desk worked fine for us.
The staff was great. We were checked in seamlessly by a quite chatty young man who gave dinner recommendations, as well as directions, and a map just in case. Paid cash and left a credit card on file with no problem. Bill under our door in the morning, and checked out by the GM who was working at the desk.
Wonderful experience, through and through.

Room Tip: On the highway side of the building, you might be able to see your car in the parking lot, though if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ShelbyB965
Clarksville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean, the breakfast was great, and the staff very helpful. The pool wasn't big but was just what we we're looking for.
Roy, you were awesome, Thanks for not making me feel like a total dummy. Wonderful stay.

Room Tip: No elevator, but stairs are good for you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family