“Off the beaten path!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Comfort Suites East/ I-44 sounds like it would be just off the interstate, right? Not exactly. It is actually at a spot where 169 and I-44 come together and you have to take the 21st street exit to 101st. The hotel is at the end of the road (literally) behind a huge RV dealer and Kmart. That being said, it was super easy to get in and out of because it isn't on a service road and it was surprisingly quiet even though it backs up to the highway. The pool was warm and the room was very clean. True, the hotel is showing a little bit of wear and the shower curtain isn't a good fit for the tub, but the hotel was quite pleasant overall and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The first floor was very nice. Quiet and neat.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank txdorsey
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Driving into the parking lot I was a little skeptical, because it didn't seem like the best area. With cancellation allowed up until the evening of arrival (I forget what time specifically) we gave it a shot. Definitely worth it. Right by the highway, but we only heard it when we opened the window. Room was on first floor, caddy corner from ice, vending and laundry but we never heard it from inside the room. I'll be honest, I looked for something to be wrong with the room (to see how a situation would be handled/resolved) but I couldn't find anything worth even faking uppity over. Our room was a two queen suite, included fridge/micro, coffee maker in room, new tv, nice alarm clock (I've learned, its the little things in life)... Beds were VERY comfortable, I'm a very restless sleeper and the only things that I woke up over were someone bumping the panic or alarm on their car and the alarm clock which was set from/by a previous guest. Could see our car from the room, and saw cameras perched on several corners of the building. Breakfast was great, though I could see where the area may be a bit small for busier mornings. We were too tired to use the pool but it was clean, and the enclosure was balmy, not overly humid or hot, which was nice. The sofa bed and furniture looked to have seen better days, but for the price we paid I couldn't care less about a scratch on the tv stand (didn't mention because we were there for one night, didn't need the sofa and I'm sure a new pull out couch wouldn't be delivered that evening) Also, the room divider may have made it difficult to watch tv from the couch, but for an overnight, laying on the bed or sitting at the desk worked fine for us.
The staff was great. We were checked in seamlessly by a quite chatty young man who gave dinner recommendations, as well as directions, and a map just in case. Paid cash and left a credit card on file with no problem. Bill under our door in the morning, and checked out by the GM who was working at the desk.
Wonderful experience, through and through.

Room Tip: On the highway side of the building, you might be able to see your car in the parking lot, though if...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ShelbyB965
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean, the breakfast was great, and the staff very helpful. The pool wasn't big but was just what we we're looking for.
Roy, you were awesome, Thanks for not making me feel like a total dummy. Wonderful stay.

Room Tip: No elevator, but stairs are good for you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice hotel, great prices. Directly behind a KMart. Pool small but very nice. The hot tub is warm, which is perfect! We will return...it is in a great location and very quiet. We are here while many dogs are here....would never know it! There is a dog competition going on. The gentleman who checked us in forewarned us....he was very pleasant and professional. It is an older hotel but it has been remodeled. The decor is very nice. We are very pleased and recommend this hotel. :)

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you can't make it up stairs....there is not an elevator, steps are easy to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcfar73
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed several nights here and were quite happy with the place. The only negative was that they had not cleaned behind the couch in a while... Otherwise everything was great. The rooms were quiet, the motel was clean, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

As another reviewer reported, this hotel is $10 cheaper than the other Comfort Suites in Tulsa. We were very happy with our choice. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. We felt like we got a good deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Even though the room was clean, the facilities are rather run down. the non smoking double queen room was pretty clean but the shower faucet could not be turned completely off. The lid to to the toilet could did not fit and had to be constantly adjusted to prevent falling off. The in room coffee pot was broke and one of the three lamps would not work.
On a positive note, the internet was fast, the complementary breakfast was better than most and the staff was friendly.
In closing, if ownership would spend a little cash and renovate, it would probably increase the review to "Very good".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family