“location is perfect”

Ranked #50 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Monticello, IL
“location is perfect”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

At the intersection of I-44 and the Broken Arrow Expressway, this Courtyard has a perfect location to anywhere in Tulsa. This is our second use of this hotel for family visits to Tulsa. The hotel is close to many restaruants and the hotel has an on site bistro that we had a drink in at the end of one evening. Good options. We had a total of 10 nights of rooms with our family over a 4 day period. In one room the tiolet handle broke but we were moved immediately across the hall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AGMCYTULSA, Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Tulsa Central with all the many hotels in Tulsa we appreciate the privilege to making your family's stay comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
hadley rille
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a good typical courtyard Marriott. clean, good staff. good location. free starbucks coffee in lobby. terrible terrible mattress. really need to upgrade these Marriott!! a glaring deficit in an otherwise good operation. I wonder where they get those things?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AGMCYTULSA, Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Central, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel; check us out after January 2014 we'll have new mattresses.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked directly with Marriott on-line and paid the "prepaid" no cancel rate for two nights so I could get a cheaper rate. I knew that there was a chance I would not make it in on Friday night and would lose the $$ for that night but I was okay with it. As it turns out I was correct and did not make until Saturday morning. When I went to check in they first told me I was not able to check in so early which I responded that I should be able to since I booked and was paying for both nights. After a back and forth a few times they let me check into my room.

I went out for lunch and when I returned I noticed that the Do Not Disturb sign was moved off my door and then when I went to unlock the door my two key cards no longer worked. I went to the front desk and the clerk told me someone with the same Last Name checked in after me and they got us confused and checked him into my room (or something like that) but then after realized he was not me and canceled all the cards. They did not admit the person actually went into my room or not but nothing seemed to be moved or missing.

When I tried to check out on Sunday I was told since I did not show up on Friday that I would have to pay a higher rate for Saturday?!?!? I questioned this since it would not matter if I showed up at all since I was paying the agreed rate on-line in full since and it was a no-cancel policy on the room. After talking to the night audit person and getting no where I had to return 2 hours later when the morning manager showed up and she tried to tell me the same thing that I would not get the cheaper rate even thought I was paying for the missed night. They have no common sense on this issue and we spent 15-20 minutes discussing this until finally they said "fine we will just give you the cheaper rate" REALLY?? They were not giving it to me they agreed to it when I paid in advance.

When I asked for a receipt for the nights they said they could not because I did not book directly with them, which I did right on Marriott's website.

Besides them putting over $250 on holds on my CC I ended up paying cash for one night so I could get a receipt for at least one of the two nights I paid for.

I will never even stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this property briefly . . . arrived late at night and left the following morning, so I didn't really check out most of the facility or amenities. I did appreciate that there was an option on site for food with the Bistro. I grabbed a quick breakfast to go from there in the morning and they nicely packaged it up for me.
The staff at check in was very helpful and quickly addressed a question I had about my rate and what was included.
The hotel is located in a convenient area where I was able to add fuel to my rental car within a few blocks, then jump on the interstate and quickly make it to the airport (about 10 minute drive).
My overall impression was that it was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
YoursNHospitaliT, General Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Central, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you amylister for your kind words regarding our Hotel. We appreciate that you found our Hotel most convenient for your overnight stay in the Tulsa area. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our friendly Team. We do hope that if in the future your travel includes Tulsa, Oklahoma you make the Courtyard your first choice! Safe traveling:)
everywhere
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Everything was good about this hotel except for the bed. That was the worst night of sleep I've ever had, and I've slept in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, in tents! The bed was hard as a rock. I thought this chain was putting new beds in their hotels, guess they may not have made it to this one yet. Like I said, everything else was just fine. Oh, and I was on the third floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 3boysandagirl
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The rooms were okay, but nothing special. The Hotel itself doesn't seem to have the same quality that I'm used to seeing from Marriott Courtyard. It's almost as if it used to be something different in this building. We were disappointed with the dining room downstairs, as their actual schedule did not match the schedule that was printed in the rooms. This caused us to miss breakfast one morning, since we took our time getting downstairs, only to find out that it closed earlier than was stated. I will say that the service seemed to be very solid here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I inadvertently booked the downtown Courtyard vs. Central Courtyard. When I arrived with my guest, Tyler called to the downtown Courtyard and switched my stay. Other than Shannon and the gal serving Starbucks in the AM, (didn't catch her name), not much energy from the staff. The room had a strange (not foul) odor, but wasn't overly pleasant. Where it goes downhill, the rooms do not have thermostats, so you have to deal with the 'lo-cool, lo-heat' type of climate system. My biggest downfall is the wi-fi. There were no more than 3-10 cars in the parking lot, so I would assume not a lot of hit on their bandwidth. At best, I was getting 0.6 Mbps, which didn't allow me to work from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business