“Completely miserable and disgusting.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central

Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Nebraska
“Completely miserable and disgusting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. My room smelled horrible. The shower was dirty. There were crumbs on the floor by my bed. There were specks on the sheets and I was terrified to sleep on them. It's outdated. It's ugly. Worst of all, it seemed to be extremely unsafe. There were men hanging out in the parking lot all night, and my colleague and i were approached three times by them late at night. There is no security. It is right by the interstate, and you can hear the sound of the cars. The beds are hard and horrible. If you stay here, you will be miserable, I promise you. .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank am74Nebraska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
west chester, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed there for 6 nights, so I didn't qualify for a visit from housekeeping. I did have plenty of towels and the dishes were all clean when I checked in. They do not provide dish soap, but do have kitchen cloths and towels. The room reeked of smoke, and was supposed to be non smoking. I couldn't ask to move since they were overbooked.

The room was of usual size. Kitchen was really small, but had a full size fridge, 2 burners, and a microwave, which sufficed for me. The place didn't look new, but all was very clean. Found no dirt or stains that made me uneasy about staying there. The sheets were standard cheap hotel quality, but again...clean and serviceable.

The front desk staff was the real gem here. I twice needed to exchange something: a can opener and an alarm clock, and both were handled with real friendly attitude. Every time I had a question it was answered competently. They were clearly understaffed and overbooked but made time for me. Aside from rude neighbors (loud talking and slamming around and running up and down the halls after midnight) the stay was pleasant.

My real complaint is the lighting. The best light came from the kitchen. Otherwise, there were some weak lamps and a single extremely weak ceiling light at the entrance. I had to turn every light in the joint on in order to read. Not necessarily a really bad thing, but quite annoying.

I'd stay again if I was trying to save money.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank redrusk
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

We booked this hotel on hotwire.com due to a great rate, but you sure do get what you pay for! We reserved and paid for a room with two double beds, even confirmed this on the phone on the drive down, but when we arrived we were given one double to share. They insisted it was the only room available. (We later learned this was untrue as we could see empty rooms with the curtains open and the beds made, but they would not let us move) The carpet was wet and there were knats flying all over the room. It stunk of cigarette smoke and musty mold. The bed was hard as a rock. So bad that we drove to WalMart and bought one of those egg crate toppers which only made it slightly bearable. There was some gross white substance all over the front of the dresser. I don't even want to know. Also, the silverware and frigde were dirty. Trust me, if we had not already paid for the room up front and were not on a tight budget, we would have just switched hotels. This bad experience has soured me on any future stay at an Extended Stay America.

• Liked — the day we got to LEAVE !!!!!
  • Disliked — The bed and the front desk clerks attitude. The manager was nicer, but she was not there until the day we checked out.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank lyndsyintheusa

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I've stayed at several Extended Stay America properties and have never had a problem before, but this particular hotel is way below standard. The decor is tired, TV old, shower curtain ragged and full of mildew. On the last day of my stay, I found a roach in the bedsheets. Guests were constantly having cellphone conversations in the laundry room while I could hear every word next door. Parking was awful. I could never find a space that was anywhere near my room. The dishes in the cabinet were unclean. I've stayed at all levels of hotel and am generally not very picky, but a lot of Motel 6's are way more upscale than this place. There are plenty of other hotels in the same area that are much nicer for about the same price. Choose one of those instead.

• Liked — The full-size refrigerator and microwave were handy.
  • Disliked — Being anywhere near the laundry room is bad.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank reebster
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

This property is the worst I've stayed in that I can remember and that includes Motel 6's 25 years ago. It was so bad I almost drove home (5 hours) after working all day instead of staying overnight. It's dirty on the outside (stairs have a million gum stains) the room furniture was worn, the TV looks like something from a garage sale and the room just wasn't very clean. Cigarette stains on the bathroom counter, shower curtain that was disgusting...the list goes on and on. This was the first Extended Stay I've ever been to and I will not go to another again. How do they stay in business??? I've read that the sister property Stay Suites I think it's called is just as bad. Stay somewhere else!

• Liked — It had electricity and running water
  • Disliked — Where do I start
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business