“Good Value in Tulsa” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 110 Hotels in Tulsa
Texarkana, Texas
“Good Value in Tulsa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

On my previous trip to Tulsa in Fall 2011 I stayed at the Motel 6 at I-44 and Garnett Rd. My stay there was not satisfactory due to the potential for crime in the area and the noise from trucks parked around the hotel with their engines on all night. This time I decided to find a better motel at a good price, and Extended Stay America fit the bill. This motel was at a much better location, where I-44 crosses the Broken Arrow Expressway, and it is surrounded by many other multi-story motels and hotels. In fact I don't think I recall so many different hotels and motels being located side by side in one area of a city. I was not as concerned about crime as I was at the Motel 6 location, which was just a few miles east on I-44. Also I was not bothered by the sound of trucks during the night as I was at the Motel 6 location. I was satisfied with my stay at Extended Stay America, since I felt safe, I got a good night's sleep, and it was good value. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TallTexWally
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is knowing that we were able to acheive this goal with you. As well, it is incredibly motivating to know that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Horrible hotel, from the property to the staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service, great rooms and great surroundings, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of the people who work here. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

this place is very good.. clean and comforting... i enjoyed staying here... could use more channels on tv.. but customer service was EXCELLENT and it was quiet

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

A quick overnighter while burning rubber on the interstate. Friendly check-in, wish for a quiet room was accommodated. But, the freeway traffic flows on both sides of the hotel and a supersized LED bill board illuminates the place at night. The trash dumpster truck comes at 5:30 am - that's your wake-up call. The room was furnished with a bachelor kitchen, which was wiped - but not necessarily clean. There is a difference! Nothing discusting though. Basic cable channels with decent reception. Security guard was very conscientious about his job, made his rounds, checking building and parking lots. Overall an excellent value for a low-need stop-over.

Room Tip: since elevated freeways run on both sides of the hotel, a lower floor room with low room numbers see...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed for 3 days the first time. it was a bit ruff, however the kitchen, bed, bath was all clean. Then went away for 2 nights and came back for 3 more days. This room was better. I came down with a cold and was thankful that the hotel let me sleep without knocking on the door every 5 minutes. (In fact none).My guess is that they get tired of jerks stealing them blind and messing up the rooms. It is hard to make repairs at such a low rate they charge.
It would be nice if they had one spot for people to go and smoke. Be firm on that.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. My room smelled horrible. The shower was dirty. There were crumbs on the floor by my bed. There were specks on the sheets and I was terrified to sleep on them. It's outdated. It's ugly. Worst of all, it seemed to be extremely unsafe. There were men hanging out in the parking lot all night, and my colleague and i were approached three times by them late at night. There is no security. It is right by the interstate, and you can hear the sound of the cars. The beds are hard and horrible. If you stay here, you will be miserable, I promise you. .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank am74Nebraska
west chester, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed there for 6 nights, so I didn't qualify for a visit from housekeeping. I did have plenty of towels and the dishes were all clean when I checked in. They do not provide dish soap, but do have kitchen cloths and towels. The room reeked of smoke, and was supposed to be non smoking. I couldn't ask to move since they were overbooked.

The room was of usual size. Kitchen was really small, but had a full size fridge, 2 burners, and a microwave, which sufficed for me. The place didn't look new, but all was very clean. Found no dirt or stains that made me uneasy about staying there. The sheets were standard cheap hotel quality, but again...clean and serviceable.

The front desk staff was the real gem here. I twice needed to exchange something: a can opener and an alarm clock, and both were handled with real friendly attitude. Every time I had a question it was answered competently. They were clearly understaffed and overbooked but made time for me. Aside from rude neighbors (loud talking and slamming around and running up and down the halls after midnight) the stay was pleasant.

My real complaint is the lighting. The best light came from the kitchen. Otherwise, there were some weak lamps and a single extremely weak ceiling light at the entrance. I had to turn every light in the joint on in order to read. Not necessarily a really bad thing, but quite annoying.

I'd stay again if I was trying to save money.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business