New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #68 of 111 Hotels in Tulsa
A TripAdvisor Member
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

this place is very good.. clean and comforting... i enjoyed staying here... could use more channels on tv.. but customer service was EXCELLENT and it was quiet

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

A quick overnighter while burning rubber on the interstate. Friendly check-in, wish for a quiet room was accommodated. But, the freeway traffic flows on both sides of the hotel and a supersized LED bill board illuminates the place at night. The trash dumpster truck comes at 5:30 am - that's your wake-up call. The room was furnished with a bachelor kitchen, which was wiped - but not necessarily clean. There is a difference! Nothing discusting though. Basic cable channels with decent reception. Security guard was very conscientious about his job, made his rounds, checking building and parking lots. Overall an excellent value for a low-need stop-over.

Room Tip: since elevated freeways run on both sides of the hotel, a lower floor room with low room numbers see...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed for 3 days the first time. it was a bit ruff, however the kitchen, bed, bath was all clean. Then went away for 2 nights and came back for 3 more days. This room was better. I came down with a cold and was thankful that the hotel let me sleep without knocking on the door every 5 minutes. (In fact none).My guess is that they get tired of jerks stealing them blind and messing up the rooms. It is hard to make repairs at such a low rate they charge.
It would be nice if they had one spot for people to go and smoke. Be firm on that.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. My room smelled horrible. The shower was dirty. There were crumbs on the floor by my bed. There were specks on the sheets and I was terrified to sleep on them. It's outdated. It's ugly. Worst of all, it seemed to be extremely unsafe. There were men hanging out in the parking lot all night, and my colleague and i were approached three times by them late at night. There is no security. It is right by the interstate, and you can hear the sound of the cars. The beds are hard and horrible. If you stay here, you will be miserable, I promise you. .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank am74Nebraska

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

west chester, oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed there for 6 nights, so I didn't qualify for a visit from housekeeping. I did have plenty of towels and the dishes were all clean when I checked in. They do not provide dish soap, but do have kitchen cloths and towels. The room reeked of smoke, and was supposed to be non smoking. I couldn't ask to move since they were overbooked.

The room was of usual size. Kitchen was really small, but had a full size fridge, 2 burners, and a microwave, which sufficed for me. The place didn't look new, but all was very clean. Found no dirt or stains that made me uneasy about staying there. The sheets were standard cheap hotel quality, but again...clean and serviceable.

The front desk staff was the real gem here. I twice needed to exchange something: a can opener and an alarm clock, and both were handled with real friendly attitude. Every time I had a question it was answered competently. They were clearly understaffed and overbooked but made time for me. Aside from rude neighbors (loud talking and slamming around and running up and down the halls after midnight) the stay was pleasant.

My real complaint is the lighting. The best light came from the kitchen. Otherwise, there were some weak lamps and a single extremely weak ceiling light at the entrance. I had to turn every light in the joint on in order to read. Not necessarily a really bad thing, but quite annoying.

I'd stay again if I was trying to save money.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank redrusk
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

We booked this hotel on hotwire.com due to a great rate, but you sure do get what you pay for! We reserved and paid for a room with two double beds, even confirmed this on the phone on the drive down, but when we arrived we were given one double to share. They insisted it was the only room available. (We later learned this was untrue as we could see empty rooms with the curtains open and the beds made, but they would not let us move) The carpet was wet and there were knats flying all over the room. It stunk of cigarette smoke and musty mold. The bed was hard as a rock. So bad that we drove to WalMart and bought one of those egg crate toppers which only made it slightly bearable. There was some gross white substance all over the front of the dresser. I don't even want to know. Also, the silverware and frigde were dirty. Trust me, if we had not already paid for the room up front and were not on a tight budget, we would have just switched hotels. This bad experience has soured me on any future stay at an Extended Stay America.

• Liked — the day we got to LEAVE !!!!!
  • Disliked — The bed and the front desk clerks attitude. The manager was nicer, but she was not there until the day we checked out.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lyndsyintheusa
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

I've stayed at several Extended Stay America properties and have never had a problem before, but this particular hotel is way below standard. The decor is tired, TV old, shower curtain ragged and full of mildew. On the last day of my stay, I found a roach in the bedsheets. Guests were constantly having cellphone conversations in the laundry room while I could hear every word next door. Parking was awful. I could never find a space that was anywhere near my room. The dishes in the cabinet were unclean. I've stayed at all levels of hotel and am generally not very picky, but a lot of Motel 6's are way more upscale than this place. There are plenty of other hotels in the same area that are much nicer for about the same price. Choose one of those instead.

• Liked — The full-size refrigerator and microwave were handy.
  • Disliked — Being anywhere near the laundry room is bad.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank reebster