“Older Hotel, Needs Updating”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #46 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Austin, TX
“Older Hotel, Needs Updating”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stay in alot of Holiday Inn Express properties, most of which are very comfortable. This location left quite a bit to be desired. The building is old and hallways and rooms reek of smoke. I had to have them change my room, because I couldn't deal with the smell. the rooms are clean, but the furnishings are really old. I think I had the original prototype microwave in my room. I was afraid to turn it on. I will definitely choose a different hotel next time I'm in downtown Tulsa.

Now, all that said, the staff was super friendly and helpful. They were accomodating and prompt to my requests and were apologetic about the smoke smell.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I apologize that you had such a bad experience at this property. Since your last stay the property has gone completely non smoking. We have replaced the carpet the beds and all the furniture. I would love to share all the changes with you. I hope that if your in the Tulsa area again you give us the chance to show you all the changes that have been made.

Angela Mobley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We reserved this hotel online expecting a $50 deposit for pets. Come to find out it was a non-refundable fee. The room was not worth the $150 we ended up paying.
The room was decent. The shower had leftover "hairs" which I found disgusting. After rinsing it out and taking a shower the husband I discovered only one towel awaiting us (and no soap, but luckily we brought our own). I'm sure we could have called the front desk to get more towels and soap, but when you are already in the shower before you notice it seems pointless.
Breakfast was very week for a HI express. They had a pancake maker which excited me. However, neither it nor the juice machine were working.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I apologize that your stay was not a great one! We have made many changes since your last stay and would like to share them with you. We are no longer a pet friendly hotel I am sad to say. However if you are every passing thru the Tulsa area please give us a chance to show you all we have done.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We needed a brief stay in downtown to minimize travel. All we needed was a quiet, clean and safe place to stay. The first room was nice, it was probably the best jacuzzi suite in the place. Unfortunately it had a very loud smoke smell in a non smoking room; so we asked for a different room.

The next room had a smaller smoke smell and it was a room complete with ashtrays. We had two different rooms that woke us up with their parties. One was around 1 or 2 AM and the other was around 4 AM. I called the front desk on the first one and it took 5 minutes or so to get that party quieted. I was too tired to call the front desk at 4 AM.

We checked out after breakfast. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. One staff member did not care and seemed to ignore my comment about checking out early due to the noise. I assume she was the same person who was probably mentioned in the earlier post or reminded prior to our arrival that we asked for a quiet stay and did not want to have a party stay like the one reported in TripAdvisor.

As info, the next night at a different hotel was great. If you want a party location near downtown, this is the place for you. Also, the breakfast was fine; no complaints worth mentioning.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cunorbust
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I apologize that the previous stays that you had were not pleasant since your last stay we have gone completely non smoking. I assure you that we have made many improvements to the property, in doing so the clientele has changed " Partying" is not tolerated at any time and is never allowed in our property. I would love to have the opportunity to show you how different the hotel is now.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The HI Express is clean with some rooms with nice balconies, BUT...this is evidently a major "party rental" hotel. There was a "Party Central" bus LITERALLY parked in the parking lot for over an hour and at least ten different truckloads of guys coming and going from the hotel with six packs, coolers, and brown bags (all observed from what was supposed to be the quiet balcony). When we gave up and came in -- it was to a co-ed party next door of at least five to ten people screaming about getting naked and... well, you imagine. We called to the desk and were told "I am sorry; I can't leave the front desk." She offered to move us to another room, but would NOT offer to call or close down the party next door. We are moving to the Hampton as we speak. Looks can be deceiving. Manager/owner: if you are reading, the night manager should be fired. We saw a number of young families checking in that had to be at least as upset as we are.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
It is sad to see that what is such a great business/family hotel now, used to have such a bad reputation. I assure you the property is nothing like it used to be. Partying is not tolerated at any time and we would take any noise complaint very serious. I can promise that if you give us the chance to show you how different it is you would not be disappointed.
UK
Reviewed June 16, 2010

With a great downtown location, this hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff were very friendly and the Boulder Grill offered food a definite step up from that of the other Holiday Inns I have stayed in ... service was great too. Good location meant that geting to all the sights etc. in Tulsa was easy, either on foot or by car. I would definitely stay here again were I to come to Tulsa.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I believe that this was for the Holiday Inn city center. We are a great property as well. I am glad that you loved your stay at the HI City Center. If your every in the Tulsa area and you want to be close to down town just not directly down town you should check out our property.

McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend. It was so clean, the service was excellant. We will stay here again! I would recommend this location to anyone!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again as our guest.
San Diego
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I wish I would have checked Trip Advisor before booking this hotel because I would have found a different one. There are a few reedeming qualities about the hotel, but defintiely not enough for me to ever consider staying here again.

We were apathetically greeted by the front desk clerk, though he did give us snacks and water, which was a welcome surprise. I was glad to see that the room had a kitchenette with a microwave and mini fridge but to my unfortunate surprise, I found an old, brown, stinky banana in the kitchen cabinet. It was very strange. Without giving you any more of a visual, suffice to say that I was grossed out and probably won't be eating bananas anytime soon.

I then turned the heat on and it sounded like a rocket was getting ready to take off. It was so loud and rumbly that it woke me up throughout the entire night. The bed and pillows were comfortable, but it was no match to a loud heating vent.

The breakfast was also nothing to write home about.. The eggs looked very over-processed and the only thing I'd consider "fresh" was the communal gallon of milk.

Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel. I wish I had.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am very sorry that you had the issues that you did during you stay. I assure you that the property has made many changes since your last stay and I guarantee that you would not have the same experience now! Please reconsider us in the future.