“Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times, usually as a result of Hotwire.com blind choice. I have been pleased each time I stay here. The breakfast is nice and the rooms were clean and well cared for. It was convenient to Woodland Hills Mall, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking time to fill out a review for our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our breakfast and room quality. We strive to make each guest's stay the best we possibly can each and every time. We look forward to your next visit!

Many thanks,
Dustin F
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Booked this room on ihg.com. Check-in was without problems. Took some of my bags to room 221 and it smelled really nice in there. I went to the air-conditioning unit to make the room colder then had a look around the room. The bedskirts were meant for bigger beds than what were in the room and the skirts dragged on the floor. I took a peek under one bed and saw a half-empty water bottle and some weird brown plastic thing. Under the other bed was a feminine napkin and a leapfrog or leappad cartridge. Its easy to overlook things under the bed, but I also wonder what kind of smell they were perhaps trying to cover up? I was given another room on the 3rd floor from the front desk and it was clean. I did a thorough check of the bathroom, beds and floors and only found a quarter under a chair. The air unit was a little persnickety and had to be fiddled with to make the fan come on. There were a few tiny black ants on the beds, but they didn't bite us. It has a really good location with a lot of nearby restaurants and stores and a mall. Outback Steakhouse and Logan's are directly in front of the hotel. The cleaning staff on the 3rd floor is very nice and gave us extra shampoo and lotion on the second day. I would definitely stay here again. I got a very good price online and was generally happy with the hotel. The mini-fridge was very clean and the microwave was clean, but unplugged. When we plugged it in later, we found that one of the pluggers was bent.

Room Tip: The floors are a bit squeaky. Try to get a room on the 3rd floor, if that kind of thing bothers you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Krystal,
Thank you for taking time to fill out a review. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location. Please accept my apology for the items left in the room. We have taken steps with our housekeeping staff and have put a renewed focus on making sure all rooms are cleaned as thoroughly as possible. We hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Dustin F
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Was in town for the sectionals and chose to stay at this location. Hotel was clean and staff was helpful as I had to change some things due to poor planning on my part. I did not eat at the breakfast as I was out too early in the morning, but I can say the area looked clean and fresh when I left and when I returned.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few days. The location is good, staff nice. Room was clean and OK. Its what you can expect from a hotel in this class. But the reason I most likely will use it again is the location. There are tons of restaurants and shops nearby.

Room Tip: I had a room at the "backside" of the Hotel. It was quiet, no traffic noise or noise at al...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel seems brand new. It is right next to a movie theater, which might have been handy if I hadn't been exhausted from shopping and stuffed from Cheesecake Factory. My 12-year-old swam in the pool with her 9-year-old cousin. Pool is sort of small, but wasn't crowded on a week night. It is indoors which helped the kids because this was a cold, wet spring break. Upon check-in the clerk gave us the details of pool hours. She was very personable.
Our room was very clean and I have no complaints.
Breakfast was good, but it might have been nice to have some fruit or cold cereal options. We are early risers, so everything was stocked and fresh. The cinnamon rolls were especially yummy. I did not see a breakfast hostess, but they may know when the busy time is to check on things.
Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
TulsaHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Savvytraveller42,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to offer you some valuable rest and relaxation on your visit to Tulsa. We value all feedback that we receive from our guests. Please keep us in mind for your next trip. We truly appreciate your business. Victoria

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We spent only one night in this hotel and will not be back. We were in room 220. The floor sags in one place toward the window up to about 3". Felt like it was going to cave in at any minute. Also when we arrived, we asked to be on the same floor as our son and his family, so they moved us from first floor. Some time around mid-night a lady is knocking on our door saying "house keeping". Before I can get to the door, she is opening it and would have come in except for the latch keeping her out. I asked what she wanted. Apparently the guy that checked us in did not fill out the proper information when he moved us from first to second floor, so they were trying to put someone else in our room. I didn't get much sleep the rest of the night. PS When my son checked in, he was given room 212 and when he opened the door, there was already some's luggage in there so he had to go back down to get another room. Does this place sound very safe to you? Oh yes, when I complained at the desk next morning they said housekeeping goes home at 5pm.

Room Tip: Don't get room 220.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
TulsaHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear ddg678:
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Thank you for your honesty when submitting your review, we appreciate all of our guests feedback so that we may do better in the future.

Victoria

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights & it was very nice. The rooms were very clean, & breakfast was awesome! They had everything you could possibly want for breakfast. It was all fresh & so clean. I took notice of this because Elsa (I think that was her name) was constantly cleaning & checking to make sure everything was stocked & cleaned! The staff were all very nice & courteous each time we seen them. Check in, check out was very fast! We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013