“Great Value for Tulsa Area”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #42 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
College Station, Texas
“Great Value for Tulsa Area”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here one night, January 4, 2011 during a business trip to Tulsa by auto. Stayed in room 130. Total was $53.13. This is an old property but has been upgraded to La Quinta standards. Clean room, good bed,quite, good wireless internet connection. Old style TV but has cable connection. Entry to room is outside but not an issue at this property. Great service at front desk. Plenty of parking. Lots of eating places close by the property. Breakfast bar included but good for only cereral and toast. For the price this is a outstanding valve.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lawrence
Reviewed December 11, 2010

While the hotel was OK, I used a discount code making the reservation -- and the hotel decided not to honor it. The decision had been made several days in advance, but no one bothered to notify me or most of the people who used the discount. A bit snarky when you show up at 8 p.m. -- and the rate has suddenly raised. Poor desk clerk! Hardly the fault of the night help, but clearly they got the brunt of the complaints. Corporate La Quinta swore last Friday I'd hear from them within 72 hours. Still waiting.

On the plus side, breakfast was ready a full hour early both Saturday and Sunday! Pretty cool.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Waller, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Was initially hesitant about this motel as the rate was so affordable ($55/night) but could not have been happier. The bed & sheets were wonderful. Room was exceptionally clean (and I'm a clean freak!!). Very quiet, even though I was on the first floor facing the parking lot and the hotel was near capacity. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit. Hotel staff receives an AA+++

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Chicago
Reviewed August 17, 2010

In my over 120 nights a year out each year this had to be the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The fence around the property was literally falling apart. The entry and exit to this hotel is only by U-turn as they have constructed a new restaurant on the corner blocking all access to the closest intersection. Room 134 is to be avoided at all costs! There was a PILE of trash between the bed and nightstand. The room smelled so bad I had to buy room spray which still did not cut the smell. The room was full of flies and gnats so I bought bug spray to combat the issue. The bathtub had mold growing on the grout, the tub plug was also completely broken. You had to hold the toliet lever down to a full 10 second count to get anything to go down. There was urine splatters all over the bottom of the bathroom door. The picture on the wall in the bedroom had dark 'splotches' growing all underneath the glass and the glass was splattered and filthy, as was the tv screen. Around the ceiling/upper wall there was some sort of fuzzy black looking splatters. The front desk couldn't tell you the address to their fitness center but they could 'draw a map for you' and give you a general description. The in room booklet said there was a business center but there was none and they couldn't tell you where there was one in the vicinity. The lobby area is nice but the bathroom was missing toliet paper. When what appeared to be the owners came in to clean the room the next morning they were extremely put out that I asked them to clean the urine splattered door or asked if I could vacuum the floor myself. The maintenance man who came to repair the tub said the room smelled horrible and that most of their rooms did not smell that way. Something was VERY wrong in this room. I was told by the regional manager, Rhonda Fierro that I should just leave and go somewhere else where I would be happy. You would have thought she would have come to the room to see for herself but she never did. Thus I got corporate LaQuinta in Irving Texas involved. They were incredibly helpful, apologetic, moved me to another brand of hotel they did not own and contacted me on numerous occasions. I would be more than glad to send you a copy of my letter to LaQuinta if you wish. There are so many decent, inexpensive hotels to stay in around Tulsa and I would highly recommend you trying anything other than this LaQuinta!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank TheRealEstateGal
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The woman who checked me in was extremely nice--she called me in my room to see if everything was ok. In fact, it wasn't the greatest--the room had that smoky smell that may have actually been from a smoker breaking the rules or just that weird motel mustiness. What I actually mentioned to her was that the toilet paper holder rod was oddly gone, and there were a couple of dead bugs in the corner of the bathroom, including a roach. I didn't mention the smell, or that the toilet paper provided (just sort of sitting on top of the toilet since there was no rod to hold it) had a kind of (I assume) water stain on it, and the toilet seat had what I think was some kind of dried cleaning agent on it that I had to rub off with paper. (I hope that's what it was.) She was not happy that I had the bugs and insisted I move to a different room. I did so, and it smelled much much better, although turning on the A/C sort of introduced the musty smell a little. Only later that night did I discover that the drain plug in the sink was down, preventing water from draining, and the little plunger behind the faucet you would normally push down to raise the stopper was simply gone. I had to pry the stopper up with my finger nails and put it to the side (I could see it was broken, so the plunger rod wouldn't have helped anyway). I discovered the next morning that in the shower, the little knob you pull up that sits on the top of the tub faucet--in order to divert the water from the faucet to the shower head--was so stuck that I had to push my fingers inside the faucet with all my strength to make that knob go up enough to get water coming out of the shower head. Annoying.

I'd say they have their friendliness down fine, but their maintenance and cleaning people are not well trained.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I liked it even better this time due to having a corner room on first floor vs. a second floor room last time (with outside door off balconies and steps to haul luggage up). The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was really comfortable. It was made up with lots of pillows and a folded back beddings, seeming to mimick a Hampton Inn. The bathroom was clean although the shower area could have been a little nicer. Hotel has a private, outdoor pool with furnished towels which we made use of both days we were there, really refreshing. The breakfast is okay, nothing out of the ordinary for this type of hotel, but at least there is food and coffee there in the morning. There is lots of mowed grass next to the hotel where you can walk your dogs. The area is safe and not a long drive to places one might want to visit in Tulsa. I've stayed at the LQ South which was very similar but this one is closer in and has less road construction around it. There were many other people from my dog showing community there and because it was hot weather and we were traveling with dogs we were able to arrange to use the meeting room to have a dog friendly pizza party. The management was really understanding about this.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I was a little apprehensive about the place when I pulled up. Mostly empty but I arrived early. Clerk placed me way in the back which I thought was odd. But then again, I requested a quiet room. Hotel filled up quickly with business travelers, so I felt much more comfortable later in regard to safety. Your view will be empty parking lots and business buildings, and the main road of course. Location was great, right off the highway. Clean and comfy room, and so quiet I slept like a baby.

All in all a great room in a good but aging hotel. I was quite happy.

Great hotel for business travelers and those not looking for great amenities but a quiet, clean room at a bargain price.

The pool was down and out but this was May.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business