“Awesome hotel large rooms super friendly”

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Prosper, Texas
“Awesome hotel large rooms super friendly”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The service was great. It had large rooms w huge big screen tv. Breakfast is not extensive but it has everything a good lean breakfast entails.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small and the shower was not the greatest. We were disapointed with the breakfast, it consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal and three types of bread that you send down a slow toaster.For an additional price you could get hot items. These are the same items you get included with the free breakfasts at other chains.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
DirectorofSalestulsa, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We definitely thank you for your feedback. We now serve a hot breakfast, included in the rate, with gourmet sandwiches and a rotation of pancakes and french toast. The cereal, oatmeal, toast, yogurt, and other regular continental breakfast items are still served along with these new hot items. We hope that these changes will improve the stay of our guests.
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We like this hotel because of the location, which is central to everything you might want to do in Tulsa. We are often on the go when in Tulsa and the close parking in back with easy in/out vehicle access works great for us. This hotel is perfect for the business traveler. It does offer free high speed wireless internet. The rooms are not large, but the space is used well. Each room includes a sitting area with conversation pit couch, a very large flat screen tv that can be viewed from the sitting area or the bed, a mini wet bar with fridge, a work desk, and a small closet. The outdoor pool is smallish, but peaceful with a cool temp on a hot day. The lobby area has plenty of seating and offers free continental breakfast. At $100 per night, considering the free breakfast, free internet, and free easy access parking it is a good value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I had a business meeting in Tulsa so I went with a trusted brand for this stay. The staff was great and accomodated me when my flight was delayed. There's no shuttle to the hotel, so I'd only recommend it if you are renting a car. (Cab ride is $26.00 one-way from the airport as I found out)

The rooms are HUGE. I had a King bed and could have easily accomodated 2 people on the couch in the living area. I didn't get to try the breakfast because I had to leave too early, but Hyatt always has good options. There is also a McDonalds about 100 yards away if you like cheap and familiar. I believe that a CVS is next door as well.

No wow factors, but a nice clean business-minded hotel. I'd have no problem staying out there again if I make it out that way.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Wow, what a nice suite hotel. I had a corporate rate of $109 - great deal for such a sweet suite. The hotel is very modern, trendy and clean. The lobby is so nice and equipped with a small bar and sitting area where they server Starbucks 24 hours, and a limited menu that changes throughout the day. I stay in alot of suite hotels, and this is by far the nicest one I've been to. The room was immaculate, so spacious, and equipped with a very comfortable bed, couch and a very large (50 inch maybe) flat screen TV. They decor was very modern, and a bonus of plenty of drawers and open outlets for electronics. Love this hotel, and I will be looking for others to stay in during my future travels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Arkansas
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Love this hotel, their staff, the rooms, the location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Greenwood, Arkansas
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Stayed here for the first time with my friend on our annual Christmas shopping trip.

Check in was quick and easy - the woman at the front desk was very nice and friendly. The room was great - beautifully decorated with a big plasma tv, separate sitting area with a large comfortable couch and ottoman and a wet bar. The beds were very comfortable with nice linens and lots of soft pillows. The bathroom was very clean. There was a coffee maker and refrigerator. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator as we had some food we needed to heat up. However, we took it downstairs and a wonderful guy named Matt went above and beyond by heating it up for us as well as providing dishes and flatware. Thanks Matt for your exceptional service!

I thought that the rate was very good and less than some of the "value" hotels nearby.

We had a latte made for us at the Starbucks bar which was really good. Breakfast was good but could have had a few more hot items.

Overall, our stay was great and I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here in the future.

I couldn't get the wifi to work on my iphone using the code, but it could have just been me and I didn't call the front desk for help.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends