“My Stays at Hyatt Place”

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
McKinney, Texas
“My Stays at Hyatt Place”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff is always welcoming. By my arrival time, my room is ready. I have had nothing but a great experience with the staff, be it daytime or night. The rooms are always clean. I do get little frustrated with the TV remotes. Seems I have to press the buttoms way to hard for the signal to be received by the Television. Interent has been very good the last half dozen stays.
Anyone staying at this location can be sure of a good experience.

Room Tip: Any room you'll find to be good.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me start by saying I am sorry, I post my response for your TripAdvisor post on a different guest and it only allows me to make one response post to each guest post so I am unable to correct my error.

However, Thank you for the kinds words you wrote and I am very pleased to see that we have exceeded your expectations. I have shared your post with our staff so that they know their hard work has not gone unnoticed.

We hope to see you back really soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I'm sold on the Hyatt Place. Friendly staff, nice room, and great morning breakfast and reasonable rate. Would definitely stay again. The hotel is located south of Tulsa but less than a twenty minute drive to Tulsa University and twenty five minutes to downtown. Its also close to a number of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such an amazing response. We love to hear when that we have made another guest a believer in the Hyatt Place Brand. We strive to be the best and work very hard to reach that goal. I will be sure to share your response with the staff so that they know their hard work has not gone unnotice.

Please continue to post on TripAdvisor. To ensure that we become the best we need your feedback. Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again very soon.
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a soccer tournament and overall it was a nice hotel. The room was clean, spacious and the staff was friendly. I personally felt that the breakfast was lacking for the team members as youth typically like more choices- it is enough for a typical traveler and is exactly as advertised though.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the kind post. We are very proud to have had the opportunity to serve you and your family while in Tulsa. We strive to be the very best at what we do and it is my personal opinion that we have the perfect room and the best staff in the city.

I completely updestand any concerns about our breakfast. It may not be the right offerings all the time for every guest;however, Hyatt Place continues to reinvent their menus to make sure there is a little something for every one.

Thank you again for such a wonderful post, I will be sure to share with our staff so they know their hard work does not go unnoticed. I encourage you to keep posting comments on TripAdvisor.; through valuable feedback such as your organizations can only better their operations.
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Reserved this room at a great low price and that was good, because had I paid the regular price I would have been disappointed. The room was very nice but had paper thin walls. I could hear the guy next to me with his paid escort as if he were in my room. Had to crank the TV up to drown them out, which probably upset the people on the other side of me. Being next to the Medical Center meant that sirens would interrupt sleep at night several times. The location is great if you have business at the Medical Center, but otherwise you have to drive through a bit of Tulsa to get to a highway. The staff was friendly enough and one of them recommended a good restaurant. The others told me that Village Inn was the best place to go. Really? That's the best place to go in Tulsa? If you work the front desk, you should be able to tell guests where good restaurants are. It's part of the job. This was the same guy who assured me that the toll from Tulsa to Oklahoma City on the Tollway was no more than $3.00 when in fact it was $10.00. Barely had enough change. The breakfast in the morning was good once they got it out there. First morning I was waiting around at 630 along with several other patrons because that was when it was supposed to open and all they had at that time was the drinks and the dry cereal. The hot skillet dishes didn't come out until about 10 minutes later, by which time I had to leave already to make my meetings. The next day they ran out of skillet dishes before 700 am came around. Kind of hard to find also as they don't have a sign on the main road and you have wind your way past a Sonic and two other restaurants to find the small entrance.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get the room by the elevator. Rather noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Thank you for your most recent post on TripAdvisor. The information you have provided is valuable to our organization and we will utilize any opportunities mentioned to grow our property and improve as much as we can where we can.

It appears that you were very pleased with the cleanliness and service from our property and I will ensure the staff take away that positive attribute from this review so that they know their hard work has not gone unnoticed. In regards to the noise of you encountered from sirens coming/going from St. Francis Hospital. As we sit back away from Yale which is the main street leading up to the hospital it is common for emergency vehicles to travel with their sirens on. At this point all I can do is offer my sincerest apologies and if it is something we can address in our upcoming renovation I will definitely explore this option. In regards to the signage, we are working closely with HOA that controls this business park to improve signage for all businesses in this area and we hope our efforts will yield a positive result.

In regards to the comments made about restaurant suggestions, toll roads and any other comment made in regards mysterious noises heard in the hotel I again offer my sincerest apology and hope that you will afford us a second chance to make it right and show you that this is the number one choice for lodging when staying in Tulsa.

Thank you again for your post and I encourage that you continue to share your comments as they are very valuable not only to myself but the many consumers in need of lodging while in the Tulsa Area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Staff is friendly and accommodating. Wifi in some rooms almost non-existent. Not sure if this is due to distance from a hub or over-usage. Nice breakfast, the grapefruit wedges are my favourite. Easy access to everything (Yale and 71st take you almost everywhere). Huge rooms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Good evening and thank you for your most recent review. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you while in the Tulsa area.

My sincerest apologies in regards to your Wifi connection and I am looking into what my be causing the disruption in your service. You will be happy to know that we did increase the speeds this year at our property for 50/25 mbps to 100/75 mbps in hopes to improve the quality our of service. In 2014 we are planning to update the hardware of our infastructure to ensure every guest can utilize the new speeds to their full potential. Hang in there with us a little longer as we are doing every thing in our powers to update our facility and service in order to continue to deserve your loyalty.

Once again, thank you for your post and we hope to see you back very soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A great location for business or just visiting in southeast Tulsa. There is easy access to streets going in all four directions from a street off the back parking lot, but the location is quiet and just enough off the beaten path to avoid the packs of high school sports teams. Several great restaurants are nearby, also a large convenience store and a full-service drug store. The room arrangement is well thought out, with plenty of room to spread out and settle in. The in-house breakfast is quite good, and the availability of a onsite place for snacks or an adult beverage is invaluable. As a older, female traveler who is usually in Tulsa without her spouse along, I have to say that the place has always felt safe, as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. Thank you so much for the extremely kind post. We are very excited about our location and the local amenites that contiune to "pop-up" around our property.

These comments mean so much to our hotel because our staff works extremely hard to ensure every guest expereience is amazing. I am very please to see that your we exceeded your expectations and I will be sure to share these comments with our staff so they know their hard work has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you for stay with our hotel and we hope to see you back very soon!!!
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay here once a year with my grandmother on a combination business/shopping trip. We prefer a room with two beds, but there wasn't one available when I made my reservation. I called back the week of the trip and the gentleman from the hotel was incredibly helpful and friendly- not only getting us a room with two beds, but making sure it was "one of his favorites" and "on the floor above, not below,the soccer team" that was staying there. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The beds are a but hard, but most hotel beds are for me. Breakfast has a limited selection but everything is fresh and tasty. The little bar is great for grabbing a drink to take up to your room. You also need to check out the White Lion pub across the street - a tiny, authentic pub with great beer selection, awesome food and a really cool atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review to TripAdvisor. Your comments are very important to our organization and I am glad to see that you had a positive experience with our hotel. I have taken the liberty of sharing your review with our staff to praise them for their continued efforts.

We hope to see you again very soon and encourage your continued feedback after every stay, It is this valuable feedback that is so important to our operation so that we as an rganization can lear, grow and change with the times.