“Great service and location”

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nts for a long weekend to see the Blue Man Group. Very nice hotel set back behind sonic, gas station, walgreens and several restaurants. Look for the hotel sign instead of the street name or you'll miss it.

Clean rooms and great staff. I had a mishap and spilled milk at breakfast and the staff were wonderful with their attitudes about cleaning it up.

Breakfast was just average with cereal, yogurt, bread, fruit. They have prefab skillet options but didn't care for them. The coffee was by starbucks but it was a cheaper brand and wasn't nearly as good. You can buy expresso and lattes and light sandwiches at the counter.

Was down the road a few miles from the mall and several restaurants. Was overall good experience and would go back again.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed on first and second floor so ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. I hope this post finds you well. That you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you while you were in town for the Blue Man Group. I know we are a little out of way from the Perfomring Arts Cent in Downtown Tulsa as we are tucked away in the beautiful rolling hills of Tulsa. I think you made the right choice to stay with us and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your husband. I have shared you positive comments with the staff so they know that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

We hope when you and your husband are back this way that you will consider the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District as your home away from home, bring another couple and let them experience they same warmth and light of hospitality that you enjoyed and lets continure to win masses over.

Thank you once again and as always we encourage you to continue posting on TripAdvisor as we can only get better from your comments.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My Mom, sister, my niece, my great nephew and my granddaughter stayed at this Hyatt Place over the Labor Day holiday. Great hotel, very clean, good neighborhood, good beds. We had 2 rooms that connected. We love Hyatt Place's room layouts they are my favorite. The new breakfast items they have are great! They were kind enough to give us a late checkout on Sunday so we could come back after visiting the aquarium (which by the way is awesome) and let my Mom rest before we got in the car for the 4 hour drive home. Anytime I visit Tulsa this will be my first choice for my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I would first like to say thank you for taking time our of your day to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. We encourage every one to share their comments with us weather they are good or bad. We will praise them if they are good and learn from any opportunites that are mentioned.

Thank you for all of your positive comments, I have shared these with our staff so they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed. They work very hard in the name of hospitality and I am nothing as a manager with out them so thank you for sharing.

It is my hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future as we are making some exciting changes at the property with a planned lobby renovation at the end of the year and a room renovation some time around the end of the first quarter in 2014.

We hoep that you will come experience these changes firts hand and as always post your feed back to TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything was amazing! This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and we were just as pleased this time as first! The best value! Free wifi! Free breakfast! Large room, sitting area, kitchenette! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Welcome Back!!!, We are so excited that you returned to your "home-away-from-home".

Thank you for your positve feed back and your continued support. We hope that we have made our property your only choice for lodging while in Tulsa. I have shared your comments with the staff to show them that their efforts do make a difference.

We hope to see you again in the near future and we hope that we will continue to see you post valuable feed back and comments to TripAdvisor.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Maintains Hyatt Place standards with large rooms and a sitting area with a sofa. They were very accommodating to move the reservation to the next day when we had a emergency to attend and could not check in the day we reserved. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I want to sincerely thank you for your comments you posted recently on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to see that you have an enjoyable stay with us and that we were able to accomodate the last minute change in your schedule.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Tulsa in the future and if they do we always look forward to serving you.

Thank you and we hope to see many more post such as this on TripAdvisor from you.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We normally stay at the Hampton Inn as it's closer to my sister-in-laws house (whom we visit in Tulsa) but decided to give this a shot as it looks nicer and is still fairly close to south Tulsa. What a nice switch! The room was a lot bigger with a separate sitting area (which has a sleeper sofa). Room was also nicer with nice fittings that made the place look more high end.

We will definitely stay here the next time we come back to Tulsa. Only downside is the breakfast. 1 - it ends at 9 am, which is too early for someone on vacation. 2 - insufficient space for expected capacity. There was a softball team there during one of the mornings and boy did things get crowded. 3 - there were no homemade waffles :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JellyBug

Greetings from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. We are so honored and excited that you decided to give our hotel a chance. We love seeing stories where people switched from our competitors and are now loyal to the Hyatt Place Brand; our committment to service and the "small" things really echoes loudly,

I have share your wonderful comments with our staff so that they know their efforts have not gon unnoticed and we are reviewing our breakfast hours in hopes that we can find the perfect time to open and close. Its valuable feedback such as this that helps us improve and be the number one choice across all brands, Please don't stop telling us how we are doing; good or bad we need this feedback so that we can be the best possible hotel for you and any one else who want to hop over to the greener pastures.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Paid a higher rate because we booked this room the day of arrival. We were in Tulsa for husband's company business. Stayed 3 nights (Mon-Thur). I had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago when in town for our sons' tennis tournament; & LOVED IT! This is the reason I booked our 3 night trip at this hotel.
The hotel is lovely in appearance; rooms are well decorated. LOVE the seperate but joined living area. Makes for a great place to relax without having to lie on a bed to watch tv or read a book. The staff are great, very friendly.
Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The only positive statements regarding breakfast would be that it is FREE & served on ceramic plates, with metal flatware & glass beverage cups. Thankfully McDonald's is across the parking lot as is a bagel shop.
The main reason for the disappointing stay is the fact that our room smelled musty (wasn't really noticable until we laid down to sleep). The bed was uncomfortable & hideously loud. Everytime one of us moved, it would wake the other up. It was sooo bad that I didn't sleep at all the first night. I called the front desk at 6:00 am to let them know of our horrible lack of rest night & to request being moved to another king room. The man I spoke with said to call back between 10:30 & 11:00 am. At that time there would be check outs avaiable. I tried to go back to sleep after husband left for his meeting. I just couldn't get comfortable & (with the airconditioner/ watercooler being literally right next to the bed) THE SMELL was ridiculously unbearable for me. I went to the front desk around 11:00 to see about moving rooms. There were no other kings available. We refused to move 2 queen beds. I insisted that the aircooler be fixed, the filter changed, whatever needed to be done to get rid of the musty odor & also requested a few more pillows. Thought maybe the pillows would help be more comfortable. The clerk was very nice & assured me that all would be made right for our stay. I thanked her for her help.
I left for a few hours. When I arrived back, the room did smell much better & they had furnished 2 extra pillows. The next couple of nights were a bit better but still very unrestful and the watercooler sounded like a fountain... you could hear water trickling off & on. There was still a very slight musty smell, but we dealt with it.
Our second full day; I had left our room before 9:30 to shop around town. I came back to our room at 1:45 pm & the room hadn't been cleaned. This was a bit irritating to me. I called the front desk to ensure our room would be cleaned. She said that yes it would, she would contact housekeeping. They were to my room with in 10 minutes.
Our last morning, we were awaken by a lawn mower at 6:00 AM. We couldn't believe it, 6AM! I completely understand getting work done before the heat sets in but 6:OO is a bit too early.
I like the contemporary look of the hotel but not sure if we will stay at this particular hotel anytime soon. We expect more for our money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carrie Y
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our small children, while we visited the Tulsa Zoo and Oklahoma Aquarium. I cannot say enough positive things about the place. The property and facility are very well maintained and clean. Check-in was prompt and efficient, while still carried out in a friendly and courteous manner. My wife (who is not easily impressed) was thoroughly impressed with the room. The pool was nice. The beds were comfy. The breakfast was terrific. The bacon egg and cheese skillet biscuit was phenomenal! We will certainly be back next time we are in T-Town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family