“Nice hotel, big rooms”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Singapore
“Nice hotel, big rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We normally stay at the Hampton Inn as it's closer to my sister-in-laws house (whom we visit in Tulsa) but decided to give this a shot as it looks nicer and is still fairly close to south Tulsa. What a nice switch! The room was a lot bigger with a separate sitting area (which has a sleeper sofa). Room was also nicer with nice fittings that made the place look more high end.

We will definitely stay here the next time we come back to Tulsa. Only downside is the breakfast. 1 - it ends at 9 am, which is too early for someone on vacation. 2 - insufficient space for expected capacity. There was a softball team there during one of the mornings and boy did things get crowded. 3 - there were no homemade waffles :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JellyBug
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Greetings from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. We are so honored and excited that you decided to give our hotel a chance. We love seeing stories where people switched from our competitors and are now loyal to the Hyatt Place Brand; our committment to service and the "small" things really echoes loudly,

I have share your wonderful comments with our staff so that they know their efforts have not gon unnoticed and we are reviewing our breakfast hours in hopes that we can find the perfect time to open and close. Its valuable feedback such as this that helps us improve and be the number one choice across all brands, Please don't stop telling us how we are doing; good or bad we need this feedback so that we can be the best possible hotel for you and any one else who want to hop over to the greener pastures.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Enid, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Paid a higher rate because we booked this room the day of arrival. We were in Tulsa for husband's company business. Stayed 3 nights (Mon-Thur). I had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago when in town for our sons' tennis tournament; & LOVED IT! This is the reason I booked our 3 night trip at this hotel.
The hotel is lovely in appearance; rooms are well decorated. LOVE the seperate but joined living area. Makes for a great place to relax without having to lie on a bed to watch tv or read a book. The staff are great, very friendly.
Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The only positive statements regarding breakfast would be that it is FREE & served on ceramic plates, with metal flatware & glass beverage cups. Thankfully McDonald's is across the parking lot as is a bagel shop.
The main reason for the disappointing stay is the fact that our room smelled musty (wasn't really noticable until we laid down to sleep). The bed was uncomfortable & hideously loud. Everytime one of us moved, it would wake the other up. It was sooo bad that I didn't sleep at all the first night. I called the front desk at 6:00 am to let them know of our horrible lack of rest night & to request being moved to another king room. The man I spoke with said to call back between 10:30 & 11:00 am. At that time there would be check outs avaiable. I tried to go back to sleep after husband left for his meeting. I just couldn't get comfortable & (with the airconditioner/ watercooler being literally right next to the bed) THE SMELL was ridiculously unbearable for me. I went to the front desk around 11:00 to see about moving rooms. There were no other kings available. We refused to move 2 queen beds. I insisted that the aircooler be fixed, the filter changed, whatever needed to be done to get rid of the musty odor & also requested a few more pillows. Thought maybe the pillows would help be more comfortable. The clerk was very nice & assured me that all would be made right for our stay. I thanked her for her help.
I left for a few hours. When I arrived back, the room did smell much better & they had furnished 2 extra pillows. The next couple of nights were a bit better but still very unrestful and the watercooler sounded like a fountain... you could hear water trickling off & on. There was still a very slight musty smell, but we dealt with it.
Our second full day; I had left our room before 9:30 to shop around town. I came back to our room at 1:45 pm & the room hadn't been cleaned. This was a bit irritating to me. I called the front desk to ensure our room would be cleaned. She said that yes it would, she would contact housekeeping. They were to my room with in 10 minutes.
Our last morning, we were awaken by a lawn mower at 6:00 AM. We couldn't believe it, 6AM! I completely understand getting work done before the heat sets in but 6:OO is a bit too early.
I like the contemporary look of the hotel but not sure if we will stay at this particular hotel anytime soon. We expect more for our money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carrie Y
Moore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our small children, while we visited the Tulsa Zoo and Oklahoma Aquarium. I cannot say enough positive things about the place. The property and facility are very well maintained and clean. Check-in was prompt and efficient, while still carried out in a friendly and courteous manner. My wife (who is not easily impressed) was thoroughly impressed with the room. The pool was nice. The beds were comfy. The breakfast was terrific. The bacon egg and cheese skillet biscuit was phenomenal! We will certainly be back next time we are in T-Town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pawhuska, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

One of my favorite things about the Hyatt Place is the location...tucked into a corner of the city and not on the interstates. It is surrounded by a variety of restaurants within walking distance. And the rooms are wonderful...clean, comfortable, roomy and quiet. My husband had arranged for a 2 day conference here for a professional group and was very satisfied with the service they received. And, I can't forget the bar and coffee service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We decided to stay here so our kids could enjoy the outdoor pool! When we checked in we found out the pool was closed!!! Everyone was very disappointed! Other than that, the hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff was great and the new addition of hot breakfast choices were awesome! We enjoyed our stay!

Could be a difficult location for anyone that is a light sleeper! Hospital is just down the street so ambulances run all night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was crowded with Families from a tournament. However, we stayed above the noise and had a very quiet and comfortable stay. The room was extremely clean and housekeeping was attentive. The room darkened, and cooled comfortably and we able to get several nights of very restful sleep. The suite had a large LG television with a nice picture and HD programming. Bed was comfortable (whew!!). The hotel was located very close to the event we attended and there were many restaurants to choice from, several within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next trip to Tulsa

Room Tip: End of the Hall and the upper floors