Tripadvisor
Tulsa
All reviews oral roberts university mabee center river spirit casino southern hills nice hotel rooms were very clean bed was comfortable indoor pool oru walmart ihg shuttle closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our room was very nice/clean. Biggest problem was the lack of customer service. Front desk and cafe staff had either not completed customer service training or they didn't care.
The convenience store was not stocked with water or snacks. This was on NYE. Room only had one coffee pod. When we inquired at the front desk they said they didn't know where the key to supply room was.....

Date of stay: December 2019
Venture08715576954, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments. While we strive to provide our staff with the best of customer service training, there is always room for improvement. These concerns will be shared with our Front Desk Manager to ensure that all agents have access to items requested by our guests. I can only assume that you tried to access our convenience store during a time of heavy usage and that those items had not yet been restocked. It is always our goal to have snack items readily available to guests. Once again, we thank you for allowing us to see customer service deficits from a guest perspective; we can truly benefit from that advantage.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

I booked two rooms and requested they be adjoining, which is typically no problem. When I checked in to the hotel, I was told they had no adjoining rooms or even rooms on the same floor and we’re completely booked. When we got off the elevator and walked down the hall, there was laundry and an unattended cleaning cart sitting in the middle of it; it was around 9:00 pm. When inside my room, I noticed it had an adjoining door. The room on the other side didn’t seem to be occupied. In fact, I saw no traffic on the floor the entire stay. I know there were people on the opposite side because I could hear every word/move they said. The walls must be paper thin. Because I had doubts that the hotel was full, I got on the hotel website and checked if rooms were still available. The site gave me rates and various room types available for the night, verifying my suspicion. I called the front desk and explained my discovery and asked again if there were any adjoining rooms. I was told the site was not updated, were full and there was nothing she could do. The customer service was the most disappointing part of the stay, and there were many other issues. While I was checking on, another lady was complaining that her hotel rate had been changed and raised since her reservation. Her husband was in the military, had booked a room for $91, but was charged a total over $140 upon check in. The lady showed the booking on her phone and explained her husband had booked days earlier at the military rate of $91. The customer service representative, argued that the rate on the day of check in trumps the rate given on the day a reservation is booked. There was no apology or attempt to honor the rate, even though a confirmation was shown and more importantly, the booking was for a military family. The same lady is the one I dealt with when calling to question our accommodations. My friends, who were in the other room, 6 floors down, found a bunch of sugar and sweet n low packets shoved in the frame of the door, which kept the door from latching. The door appeared to be latched at first, but when they pulled on it to be sure, it wasn’t locked and able to be opened. This is not only a cleaning issue, but a safety one. The hot water for showers was lukewarm, there was no ice in the ice machine and the coke machine on my floor, 11, didn’t work. The automatic hotel entrance doors had a piece of paper taped on them letting guests know they were out of service. Looking back at past reviews, this issue was mentioned over a month ago too. After observing and experiencing extremely poor customer service, I didn’t even waste my time calling about these issues and decided to leave a candid review instead. Though I appreciated the lobby area decor and bed comfort, I was, overall, highly disappointed in my stay. My husband travels for business and his company prefers to book IHG properties. I am also an IHG member, so we are quite aware of the expected quality and service. We have always been pleased with stays, which have occurred across the nation. The experience at this hotel was NOT typical of other company properties and we felt that we definitely did not get our money’s worth for the stay. Customer service experiences make ALL the difference when issues arise. Kindness, respect, empathy, professionalism and an accommodating attitude will cover
a multitude of disappointments.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank E9846VSangelad
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello E9846VSangelad,

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We strive to provide our guests with high-quality standards, deliver guest satisfaction and assist with our traveler's needs, and I am glad you found our beds comfortable, and our hotel lobby's decor nice, it is with regret though learning that your experience left a lot to be desired because of the unavailability of the room preference, along with the unsatisfactory customer service encountered, and with the 2nd room's cleanliness and safety concerns. I am also sorry about the lack of ice in the ice machine and for the non-working vending machine. Know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously improve our hotel and service for a more elevated hotel experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope we can win back your heart and try us again. Hope to see you soon!

Best,

Kenneth F.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Enjoyed the hotel, it was nice. New Years Eve and wanted to stay at the River Spirit but waited too late to book so stayed here. We got an uber to go to the casino, so not a big issue. They had a problem at the front desk getting our card to work, as she acted like she had never done it before. The card wouldn't swipe so she had my husband type in the number and the machine couldn't respond. We told her to run it thru herself if the machine wasn't going to work. I was concerned their equipment was a sign how outdated the rooms might be, but they were nice & big. Came back to the hotel and went to the bar to ring in the new year and that was fine. For the price they charge, there should have been a fridge in the room, but there wasn't one. When we checked out, we asked for a receipt and she said they didn't give receipts, they will email it. Now we have taken a lot of trips all over the country and over in Europe and have never been told that before. Not sure if she was lazy or just didn't want to print one out. Needless to say we never got the receipt emailed to us, so I called the next day. In this day and age, you better prove to me what you billed to my credit card. The same person answered the phone and she said they didn't have my email address. You didn't check that???? I finally got the receipt emailed. The girl at the front desk needed some customer service training as I'm pretty sure she was the one that checked us in as well. Oh and the room was not sufficiently stocked with their coffee products. One cup that we had to share.

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

This place has horrible customer service, the employees have no people skills and the rooms are pretty pathetic.

I should have known the hotel would be bad when I walked up to the front doors and there was a piece of paper saying that the automatic doors were broken so everyone with all of their luggage had to walk through the manual doors.

We paid for breakfast to be included, when we checked in the one employee working the front desk on a Friday night was flustered and didn’t give anyone their vouchers. The next day we and many other people had to go back up to the desk to get them.

The rooms don’t have a fridge or microwave in them and are over all kind of dingy. The remote for the tv only worked from one spot in the room, so since we had 2 young kids with us we would have to get up and walk to a specific spot in the room to change the channel or turn it off or on.

I was up most of the night because the people in the room behind us were having a great time. I could hear their conversation word for word until about 2:30 am when they finally decided to go to sleep.

So over all it was a terrible experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Chuvok
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Hi Chuvok,

Thank your for your candid feedback. I am sorry to learn that you weren't satisfied with the competence of our team and the condition of the automatic doors, lack of amenities in the room, and soundproofing were a let-down. Your experience is certainly not representative of the high standards of service and quality on which our hotels pride themselves. It is also definitely not what you, as a valued guest should expect and deserve. I hope to follow up on this so I've reached out to you privately to learn more about what happened during your stay and ensure that these flaws are avoided later on.

Although it is apparent that your recent stay with us is not one of your favorites, I'd like to still thank you for spending the night at our hotel and I'm looking forward hearing from you.

All the best,

Dhang R

Reviewed October 28, 2019

Easy to drive to. Prompt and friendly check in. Room was seemed clean but I did see one cockroach on the wall. I stayed for 3 nights and my room was only serviced once. No fridge or micro wave. There is a coffee maker in the room but coffee not refilled daily.

Date of stay: October 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2019

Hi Martha H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm happy that you had a prompt check in and our staff accommodated you well. I'm sorry though if the upkeep of your room did not meet your expectations and the lack of room amenities.

Many thanks for staying with us. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you would give us another chance to make your stay better than the last.

Dhang R