“Great for a stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great for a stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hotwire assigned me to this property, made all the more appealing for its particularly reasonable rate. It made a perfect place to stop driving en route from Lincoln, NE to Kilgore, TX. Its mirrored glass facade looks tasteful compared to the bizarre Flash Gordon architecture of Oral Roberts University sited directly opposite across Lewis Avenue.

Free parking is close-in and my greeting at the front desk was effusively friendly. I was told I could even get points with my Priority Club card, even though I hadn't booked through them.

I enjoy Crowne Plazas because they're not of a cookie cutter design (like Hampton Inns, for example) and a step above many hostelries. My spacious room was tastefully furnished with plush amenities. If you need to be on Tulsa's far south side, this is a best bet. I did not avail myself of the hotel restaurant -- and there are a wide variety of off-site places nearby. I was perfectly content cosseted in comfort for a quiet, restful evening. Check-out was a breeze. I'd certainly be anxious to return here for a longer stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your great review! We strive to always provide the best in service and quality and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the remainder of your trip is enjoyable and safe.

Please come back and stay with us again the next time you're in Tulsa.

Ken Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip recently. The hotel is located across from Oral Roberts University, which has an interesting and beautiful campus. The Hotel was clean and nice with free wifi. However, I felt like they were severely understaffed. The one girl working the "Starbucks" was also working their dining room, so it was a bit hectic. They have a lounge/bar with a GREAT bartender however, due to a failed delivery or something they were out of many items.
The bed was average, the remote control in my room only worked part time and we did have an incident where I arrived at my room and the light fixture in the shower was leaking water... from a floor above I suppose - this issue was tended to immediately and resolved.

Room Tip: If you get a room that faces the university it's a lovely view, just be aware that as the sun co...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words. I also want to apologize for the inconveniences you had while staying with us and assure you that I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department managers.

We truly hope we see you again in the near future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is top notch!! The crew and management went above and beyond. They are truly a class act facility. The location is great, convenient. The property is absolutely beautiful. This place is definitely on the list to visit again real soon!!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our team strives to provide the best in quality and service. We know you have many options and are happy you stayed with us and truly look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several nights and everything was perfect. From the great location to the friendly desk staff to the spacious and clean rooms. The room offered everything that I look for when I travel including electrical outlets on the night stand lamps and not hidden behind the bed. The sheets were white, the amenities were above average and the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was far superior to most. I would definitely stay at this Crown Plaza again and again.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the great feedback. I have shared your comments with our team. We are always striving to be the best in Tulsa and are happy that your stay experience with us was great!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

for 20 people their bowling trip was a pleasant, super relaxing success thanks to the crown plaza of tulsa-southern hills the staff was very professional to work with from making reservations, to checking in and out rooms were clean and accomodating will definitely stay with this great hotel the future thanks crowne plaza and hats off to you

Room Tip: contact their professional staff
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I have shared your comments with our team and all of us are very happy that your stay was enjoyable.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice size rooms. Clean. Stayed with soccer team for Blitz Tourney. Nice selection of resturaunts located nearby. A Walmart Super Center was next door. The area of town seemed safe, although I did park under one of the many light poles in the Lot. This was not the best deal I have ever had, but, it was a very good experience. The only complaints were that the Hotel staff was not ready to accommodate the throngs of early morning soccer parents clambering for their Starbucks at 6am. I waited in line and my Mocha was luke warm. The indoor pool was not well lit and was becoming dingy. That wasn't a big enough deal to mark down the review. Overall we were pleased and would stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom F
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide the best in quality and service and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently stayed at this Crowne Plaza with my daughters soccer team for a tourney in the Tulsa area. The moment we came thru the door the staff was very courteous and helpful. The sales manager Krista Mooney-Shea was the best Hotel representative my wife has ever worked with! My wife was in charge of booking for the team and Krista took care of all of our needs from room booking to securing a room for team meetings and a pizza party. Krista also set aside a banquet room so all of the teams and their families staying at the hotel could watch the OU and OSU games as well as the world series on a big screen she had her staff set up. The rooms were very clean and met our expectations with flying colors. Not one parent in our group had one single complaint about the hotel ( And that is not common). I do not write a lot of reviews but when you experience rare hospitality such as this it needs to be known. Strongly Recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TulsaCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tulsa Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Also, I acknowledged Krista for her outstanding work and I thank you for recognizing her.

Have a great day.