“DO NOT STAY AT THE RV PARK!”

WinStar World Casino and Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
90-Minute Scenic Shuttle Ride to Winstar World Casino along the Texas-Oklahoma...
More attraction details
Owner description: WinStar World Casino and Resort has more games than any casino in the world! Offering more than 7,400 electronic games, 120 table games, a 3,500-seat Global Events Center, 27-hole golf course and academy, and a 895-room hotel. Located just north of the Oklahoma/Texas border along Interstate 35, WinStar World Casino and Resort presents 24/7 gaming action, world-class entertainers and a wide range of restaurants. WinStar World Casino and Resort is an economic enterprise of the Chickasaw Nation.
Ellerslie, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“DO NOT STAY AT THE RV PARK!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked a month stay (a month in advance) and Drove 20 hours. Finally checked in and the clerk was one of the rudest hotel clerks I have ever met. I ended up refusing to deal with her or pay until the manager came intervened.

THE WIFI DOES NOT WORK, so if you are counting on that, don’t bother. When asked if it was going to be fixed soon I was advised by the clerk that it "wasn't her problem". They also don't take Good Sam even though the original clerk making my reservation advised they did..Again met with "that not my problem".

I didn’t get the spot I had reserved but was advised to “drive around until you find an empty spot”. Found several and they were all mysteriously taken. They also don’t have the “fantastic” game room their website boasted which was even missing the pool table shown on the site!

But it gets better.

They charged my bank card (the one linked to my CHECKING ACCOUNT) 3 times for a one month stay, then LIED ABOUT IT UNTIL I SHOWED THEM MY BANKING APP ON MY PHONE to the hefty sum of being over $850 dollars. I was assured that this was going to be taken care of, as of today I still have not received my funds.
The entire attitude of the staff, managers included were the rudest I have even encountered & we have been full time RV’s for over a year now. I did not even receive an apology for all of the trouble we went through! Their attitude was of complete disinterest.

The RV Park itself is very clean but it is also completely barren; just concrete, grass and trees, NO shade and the sites are VERY close together.

We finally became fed up with the treatment (and battling over the overcharges) and left after two days. If you want a great RV park near the casino go a few miles down 77 to Red River RV Park. Great service and beautiful scenery.

Visited June 2013
59 Thank Ashley D
WinStar_World, eCommunity Manager at WinStar World Casino and Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear your recent stay at the WinStar RV Park was less than pleasant. I'd like to assist you with your bill if you'll let me. Please send me an email with your name, phone number, and a brief description of how I can assist you. My email address is bmcmurray@kochcomm.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the rude behavior experienced during your stay. I will pass these concerns along to management.

Johnstown, Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Take Your Gas Mask”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wife, daughter and I drove up from Dallas on a very recent Sunday, just for something to do. In totally disclosure here we knew that smoking was allowed in the casino before we went. Although we are not big time gamblers, we are used to Colorado casinos that are totally smoke-free. Seems at the Winstar, that not only is smoking permitted but in fact practically obligatory. There is no attempt on the part of smokers to try and direct their expelled smoke away from other guests, but rather to blow the cloud directly in your face. It’s as if the smokers get some perverse pleasure from infecting non-smokers around them when they legally can.

Aside from that, the interior and exterior is attractive and there are tons upon tons of slot machines and table games. We played for a couple of hours and enjoyed ourselves but lost everything we started with, which we expected to do.

I didn’t have much interaction with employees so I can’t really comment on attitude. Watch out for old people on the scooters, they don’t slow down for anybody. No matter how many times I go to casinos, I always thank God that I don’t have a gambling problem.

Visited June 2013
10 Thank jim6918
I'm glad to hear y'all had a nice time. I hope you'll join us again soon!

New Waverly, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It had its ups and downs.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I traveled here with my father on a weekday. The casino is huge and has any type of slot machines you can imagine. There were some tables for games like blackjack and pai gow. We stuck to blackjack. That experience was below average. On top of each bet ($5 minimum) you had to give fifty cents to the house, which seemed outrageous. We also played a 100 dollar poker tournament in which 20 bucks went to the house from each entry. The whole establishment was very nice and clean. There were a variety of restaurants. They had free self serve soft soft drinks, but no free alcohol at all. In fact, a 16 ounce Budweiser was 5.50! The The gambling age is 18 there, so I would recommend this place to anyone under 21 or any slot lover. No matter what, remember to bring your savings because they'll do anything to squeeze another dollar from you.

Visited July 2012
7 Thank spencer_bamf
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to WinStar. We're always looking for ways to improve the overall experience for our guests and your feedback will help us do just that.

Moore, Oklahoma, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lil' play”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I recently visited this casino with my Mom, and sister. We had a great day together. Easy to get to and had that Vegas feel. Enjoyed it very much.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nancy R
WinStar_World, eCommunity Manager at WinStar World Casino and Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Happy guests - that's our goal! I hope you will visit us again soon! -Becki
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Firehouser buffet awesome place!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is not Las Vegas but is decent.Plus the weekend dinner price of $25 bucks is well worth it.King crab legs, snow crab legs and Prime rib alone will surely be a bang for your buck.Plus where else can you gamble close enough to Dallas...only Winstar baby!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank DallasPokerface19
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Seafood Night at Firehouse Buffet! I will be sure to pass your praise to the team. I hope you will join us again soon! -Becki