“Watch your pockets at winstar”

WinStar World Casino and Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
90-Minute Scenic Shuttle Ride to Winstar World Casino along the Texas-Oklahoma...
More attraction details
Owner description: WinStar World Casino and Resort has more games than any casino in the world! Offering more than 7,400 electronic games, 120 table games, a 3,500-seat Global Events Center, 27-hole golf course and academy, and a 895-room hotel. Located just north of the Oklahoma/Texas border along Interstate 35, WinStar World Casino and Resort presents 24/7 gaming action, world-class entertainers and a wide range of restaurants. WinStar World Casino and Resort is an economic enterprise of the Chickasaw Nation.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Watch your pockets at winstar”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been traveling to winstar a few years now and like most havent come back with a joyable win. I know that it is call gambling but the truth for me is, it's not losing the money that troubles me, its what casino attendants call PLAYING TIME. You get very little play time on these slots especially around event nights and when they are doing construction. Seems like they wanted it paid before its built. For the non-smokers i agree, i am a smoker but even i say it reeks of smoke with no alternative for those who are looking for relief. Their upgrades to their restaurants (buffet) was made poorly in reference to quality, comfort and capacity. Lets say supremely insufficient. Instead of expanding at will maybe they would be best serve by making swift changes to their
current structure by been concerned about the smoke fest (among other things). If the lack of pay is the reasons you can never get timely help from the attendants on the floor well that needs to change as well. I've visit the next closest casino to me Durant and found tho i still came home a loser how it was play made the visit enjoyable. I just wish they had transport like winstar availabe in the DFW area. Keep writing the reviews maybe someone there is taking heed to the needs

8 Thank midnite517

Denton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gotta love it!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok - so it doesn't have everything for everyone. I have been going since WinStar was a little wooden bingo shack with pull tabs. I live 30 minutes away in Texas and I now go about once a month with friends or family. I also go to Vegas once or twice a year.
The only time I was frustrated was when the power went out and was stuck with money in the machine for a few hours but that was before the technology had improved there to the level it is today.
Choctaw Durant? Beautiful building but never have one a dime in that joint and the machines are OLD. WinStar has lots of new & trendy machines, plus lots of classic reel styles.
Win? Now and then, it's about even, but I go for the fun. People that go only to "win big" I don't know what to tell you - I've been going to Vegas for years and those joints got built the same way - on the funds of losers.
There is Poker at WinStar - don't know why people say there is only BlackJack. My friends love the poker room and the best food there is served at the grill on that end.
And El Fenix has good food - maybe you should order something different; I don't like everything on their menu but they have a great grilled chicken salad with fresh avocado and tomato. Toby Keith has a good dish - same thing - try a different item, but yes, I have waited over an hour on the weekend, but lunch is a breeze. BUFFET: up and down - great then awful at its new location but they are closing it when they open a GIANT buffet - supposed to seat 500 but never know if the rumors are true. Didn't like the Chinese - too crowded - no matter when I go - too crowded - so they must have some really good food. The fish place was AWFUL but I'll give it another try (one day) - too much grease and lukewarm.
Winstar is always fun for me and my friends/family; I've never known it to be dirty; or had people be rude to me; but then, I try to be nice because there is tremendous turnover at WinStar and a lot of employees are bused in from the Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex - there aren't enough people near WinStar to fill all those jobs. I really feel for them and wonder how far they had to travel to earn minimum wage putting up with all those folks.
Smoke - The smoke situation has really improved over the years. I do notice that fewer ashtrays are put out so wonder if that cuts down on it. I don't notice any smoke in the restaurants; and haven't been to a concert since the new concert hall was built so don't know about that. I don't notice that many people smoking around me - but everyone has their own limit.
The bathrooms are always very clean.
I have been to a million dollar drawing; my friend won a Harley motorcycle; another friend has to claim gambling wins on her tax return and she only goes to WinStar so she must do all right; and the rest of us "losers" just have fun and enjoy the beautiful casino that WE BUILT! HA

3 Thank Betti B
Fort Worth, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Go To Shreveport”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Unless you only want to play slots, then this is not the place for you. They bring in a HUGE amount of money and charge you $4.50 for a drink. No dice, no roulette and they charge you $.50 per hand to play blackjack. If you can make the drive to the Shreveport area, do it. I agree that El Fenix is the only decent place for a meal. The employees in the casino would never make it in Vegas because of their poor people skills.

3 Thank 1TEXAS1
Fort Worth, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Tight slots, crappy atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've tried to like Winstar since it's only an hour away from me but try as I might, I can't. The slots have been extremely tight every time I've been. The place absolutely reeks to high hell of cigarettes (I could smell it when I parked my car several hundred feet away from the entrance). The decor is amateurish (and the lighting seems to be kept dark to hide it). Slot machines are filthy and often have cigarette ashes all over them. You might lose a shoe in the free drink stations from the floors being so damn sticky. And despite dropping hundreds in the place, the best they can manage to comp me is *maybe* $10 in slot play and a room (Sunday through Thursday only).

It says a lot that I'd be willing to drive an extra hour both ways to go to Choctaw in Durant. Their slots seem a little looser, its brighter and the decor considerably nicer/more Vegas-like, and the cigarette smell is less offensive.

5 Thank itsthebrod
Burleson, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“win star a short drive”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is a short drive from FT Worth-Dallas to Win Star.Great food and a really great getaway for a quick days entertainment.Loads of slots and games.

1 Thank rucatfishbob