“21st Birthday Party”

Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Thackerville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Capisce Ristorante Italiano is located in the Paris Plaza of WinStar World Casino. The menu includes an eclectic blend of dishes. Guests can expect to enjoy such delicacies as Gnocchi Bolognese, Chicken Mushroom Lasagna or even grilled tenderloin steaks. We also serve chef-created daily dinner specials. Capisce features a delicious dessert menu as well as an extensive wine list and specialty cocktails.
Allen, Texas
“21st Birthday Party”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Unfortunately, what was expected to be a wonderful night of dining and fun turned out not to be. I had made a reservation 6-8 weeks in advance for my son's birthday party(party of 20). Pre-arranged menu was suggested since we had such a large party, so we chose that. We got there before our party to decorate and I was excited to see such an enthusiastic staff and manager. Upon our arrival we were all seated and had appetizers. After ordering and then waiting over 1 hour and a half to be served our party was getting upset. Some said their food was stone cold and not good. Mine was very good, I have to say, but I was one of the last to be served so mine had not been sitting long. Upon speaking with the manager, Paul, he said, "well, you should not have chose the prearranged menu and you should not have chosen a concert night." I had no idea it was a concert night and regardless that should not have matter with the reservation being so far in advance and you said the pre-arranged menu was best for a large party. We then noticed at the end of the dinner there was no bread at all served with the dinner-just the little dishes of oil sat and took up space. HORRIBLE customer service. I vented to some of the waitress and all they could say is we are so sorry and Chrisitian(the 21 year old) is having fun. That is not the point when you are spending $400-$500 on a dinner. They did comp the appetizers and gave us a $60 gift card that we then handed over to our oldest son to use. We said we will not be back so you all enjoy it. Bottom line, it was unacceptable service. My suggestion would be to take your party to the "GRILL." Chose not to do birthday cake there either, I told them to box it up to go. We had guests from out of town who wanted to gamble and had limited time.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Bonnie G

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Located inside WinStar - my first choice when I return”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a marvelous experience! The food was exceptional and in nice portion size. The specialty dishes were creative - not standard Italian fare. I had a stuffed pepperoni (really) grilled with jalapeno peppers, mushrooms and garlic cloves. I'll have it again!

Beware, the servers like to try to direct you to the "normal fare" that they have eaten and like - and most of the servers that I saw weren't old enough to have a sophisticated palate, so find what sounds good (like the bacon bits and peas in a light cream sauce - oh my) and take a chance. By the way, the stuffer pepperoni and jalapeno - it was hot. Not on the first bite, but no too long after so be careful. I ordered some of their steamed spinach - and a good thing. It was the perfect ingredient to tone down the fire, and it was good!

Wine prices are in line, desserts are good and service time is acceptable, but a bit slow on initial wine and coffee orders. May have been a result of being very busy during concert evening.

I forgive the slower service as the food was very, very good.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank lnr3
Richardson, Texas
“Satisfied!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant for a birthday dinner and had a very good experience. The restaurant has an upscale decor, with very good and attentive service. The food, from appetizers to desert, was very good. The 18 oz ribeye and salmon were perfect. In my opinion, this is the best of all Winstar restaurants.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank SmithC25
Frisco, TX
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sister and I loved everything about Capisce. The staff, food, and decor were outstanding and the prices reasonable. It was a Saturday evening and all the casino restaurants were packed. We ate dinner, saw the show, and came back for a late dessert/coffee. Both times were superior experiences. Who knew a casino restaurant would offer this level of dining experience. One slight negative is the smoke inside any gambling casino building. I'm a non smoker and allergic. However, the air filters in the restaurant worked efficiently.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Suzanne70
Cleburne, Texas
“Special restaurant in a special place.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

From the moment we crossed the threshold we were impressed. Hostess, service staff attentive and professional. Dinner specials, house wine outstanding and good value. Such a treat to enjoy a great meal in a pleasant atmosphere just steps away from the casino floor. We treated our friends to a fine dinner and can't wait to do it again.

2 Thank onjerrys