“Pretty good for Thackerville”

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Thackerville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Denton, Texas
“Pretty good for Thackerville”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had to go several times before I found a dish I liked - the chicken and rib plate with cornbread - sometimes the wait can be long for food and don't try to go when the casino is crowded but they also have live bands on the weekends and if there's a playoff game, it plays on the giant screens. Can be a little pricey for what you get but I'm always satisfied.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Average Food For Above Average Price”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food here is average for this venue which is inside a casino. Expect to pay $10 for a sandwich, but most of the menu is $20-25. Most gamblers there don't expect great food, but they do expect a reasonably priced meal. There are better options when you visit this casino.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 1TEXAS1
Dallas, Texas
“Always Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been here twice and both times the service has been great(We always sit at the bar)! We get greeted promptly and the bar staff is very friendly! The primerib was incredibly good that I had this time and the sides are a perfect portion. I left full and happy :)

Nashville, Tennessee
“Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill (Thackerville, OK)”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The decor is exactly what you would expect from Toby Keith: American flags, truck tailgates, neon beer signs, and a full-size Ford F-150 on the wall.

I got an order of Tater Skins for an appetizer, and then I ordered a full rack of St. Louis Ribs, with Freedom Fries, Cowboy Beans, and cornbread on the side.

The Tater Skins were fantastic. They were big, crispy, covered in cheese and bacon. The Freedom Fries, however, were a different story. The fries were pretty limp and soggy, so I'm guessing they hadn't been cooked to order. The Cowboy Beans were pretty disappointing too.

My St. Louis Ribs came to the table drowning in sauce, which is what I assumed their version of St. Louis-style barbecue would look like. The ribs were almost too tender, to the point that all the meat pulled off the bone in one bite. I would guess that they been cooking for several hours longer than needed.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

The Barbecue Fiend

Visited December 2012
austin, tx
“Dinner”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate here twice during our trip. Food was excellent. Wait staff needs to pay attention more to their customers. We had to keep asking for tea/water refills.