“The best romantic getaway ever!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thackerville
River of Love Cabins
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Red Bud Cabin on July 23rd and 24th 2012. It was the best time we have had in years. I believe this is the most secluded cabin which was even better. No cell phones, no internet, no tv reception, no people, no distractions. Just the two of us in an awesome cabin with a hot tub!!! We got our key at the gate and never saw another person the whole time we were there. Everything is fully stocked with everything you can imagine. Were there bugs? Of course there were, it's in the woods. Once we learned to keep the lights off outside (using only the tiki torches) at night all was good. No bugs during the day other than occasional ant on the porch. We cleaned up our mess and left it just as we found it. It is not like a hotel room that you expect a maid to clean up and make the bed. It's a home. Other than replacing the dirty towels we used, the cabin was ready to rent out the second we left. That's how much we loved it that before we checked out (by leaving the key in the drop box) we swept up, took out trash, etc. We treated it like our home. Cannot wait to return and cannot say enough great things about it not to mention the time my wife and I got to spend together- priceless.

Room Tip: I believe there are 4 cabins. The caboose is on top of the hill, then the Green Briar, then the Red...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Craig D

Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place for couples. We have stayed in the GreenBriar cabin twice. Wonderful scenery and very relaxing. Make sure to bring your own food and drinks. There is no real restaurant close by. The closest place to eat is the Casino. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils and appliances and there is a grill outside!
We were a little disappointed that we didn't receive clean towels. We were there a total of 3 nights. We did experience some bug issues.(not just your regular ant or common outdoor bug) The cabin seems very clean though. We love the hammock and the wonderful porch to relax and enjoy conversation.
There is great walking/hiking. We decided to walk the "driving" route to the Red River. It was a blast!!
There is pretty much next to no cell phone service, but this only helps to stay focused on eachother. We enjoyed watching movies, using the indoor hot tub, exploring the outdoors. The owner is top notch.... Very friendly. We will be back many more times.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank lovetheshire
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Secluded so you can have private time to be with just your partner and not have to worry about your phone going off because you barely get cell service! It's not too far away from very many attractions. Your only 10 miles away from the WinStar Casino. Lake murray is close by, and not too far from Texas. We stayed in the Love Train Caboose, we enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub and drinking a bottle of wine of the porch swing and enjoying our view. Only thing is a weekend was just not enough time to be able to go and explore around the cabin and see the river, and go see the local attractions. We will definitely be planning another trip here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jake m
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Hello, we visited River of Love cabin May 2011, it was a very nice cabin. Very secluded and relaxing.... We loved the hot tub and outdoor shower. Lots of wildlife, my only complaint is that it is a little too secluded and I was not able to use my cell phone, and there was no phone in the room. Thank God we didn't have an emergency. The landlords were nice and helpful, and we had a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom V
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Just far enough from Dallas to be considered a get away. We stayed at the Creek Side Cottage & couldn't be happier. The hot tub melted all our cares away, the scenery was spectacular and the owners.... well.. we got a key from them & never saw them again.... Perfect! If you stay here, go for about a 150 yard walk back in the field, stay to the right & look for a big old tree, its a great photo spot.

Room Tip: I only had the Creek Side Cottage, but I can't imagine any being bad
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brent C
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our first weekend at RoL Cabins, and I have nothing but rave reviews. We stayed at the Rose Bud cabin - which is isolated in the back of the property. Very clean, comfortable, relaxing..... everything we were looking for in a weekend get away. I honestly cannot think of one thing to complain about - or anything that could have made our stay better. The location was also great - easy to find. Maybe 7 minutes from Winstar Casino and about 15 minutes from Lake Murray State Park/ golf course. There isn't any cell phone coverage at the cabin, but it kicks in shortly off property. I personally welcomed the no phone distraction. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashlee J
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We visited the caboose over a weekend in early December. It was wonderful! So quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed the hot tub and sitting in the loft area looking out of the windows. I would definitely go back any time!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JessicaS P

Been to River of Love Cabins? Share your experiences!