6,529 results
All reviewsslot machinestable gameswin starpool towerterrace viewel fenixpoker roomwinstar world casinonorth towervalet serviceplayers cardnon smokinggamblingconcertcompswindstardallas
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I went with my husband & friend for an overnight trip on Mon, Dec. 20, 2010. Standard double rooms cost $99 + tax or about $111 total per nite. Hotel is located just north of the Texas-Oklahoma border in the middle of nowhere. We stayed in the new hotel, which was about 12 or 14 stories tall. Lobby: small but nice. Registration staff: pleasant, a bit daft. My husband walks with a cane & he's disabled, so I requested a quiet room not next to elevators or ice machine room. Our room, #210, offered a view solely of very large HVAC equipment--how unpleasant. Our friend stayed across the hall in #209, which overlooked the parking lot. Not exactly scenic views. Room size: small, compared to casino hotels we stay at in Las Vegas, Reno & California Indian gaming casinos. Generic modern hotel decor. One king bed, mattress was nothing fancy. Shower w/adequate pressure. Bathroom was clean enough, but no lid on the toilet was rather gross. All night temps ranged from boiling to freezing--we just couldn't get it right, which meant a restless night for me. Room was quiet enough. If there was free WIFI for guests, I never found a way to get it--no promotional information in rooms. Monday night dinner buffet? $35 for 2 with players' card discount--are you kidding? No thanks. Plenty of fast food--Nate's hot dogs/hamburgers, Panda & more (we don't like fast food, so I didn't exactly explore those options). Toby Keith's restaurant seen but not explored. The Grill was described as an upscale steak/seafood restaurant but it looked like a hospital coffee shop to us. So, we ended up eating Nate's chili--which was served w/a scoop of raw diced onions on top, so speak up now if you don't like that. Tuesday morning breakfast? $14 breakfast at The Grill? Uh, no thanks. Stale pastries & tepid coffee available at a pastry stand near the hotel lobby. I suppose the buffet was an option, but we don't like breakfast buffets. They advertise a Starbucks, but they only pour Starbucks ground coffee, not make espresso that I drink. We gambled from 4pm til 11pm Monday night & I lost $480 making bets of $.60-$2 per hand. Husband had the good sense to quit after losing $100 & realizing poker machines were set too tight. Self-serve soft drinks an option. Cocktail servers rarely seen. We planned to linger until dark, but instead we left by 11am & had breakfast on the road. We live in Reno, where we gamble a lot. Would we return? No way, not a chance.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ChoosesCarefully
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We went and saw the Dukes of September with some friends. The room was nice but very pricey. It cost us $ 410.00 for two nights. It is similar to a Holliday Inn nothing fancy but a nice comfortable room.
The valet parking is free which is nice and the guys that work out there are super nice.
The Grill resturant is very overpriced, avoid it and go to Toby Keiths.
We would go back more but the rooms are so expensive it sure cuts into your gambling money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mckindg
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I recently spent the night at this hotel/casino with my sisters. First, I must say the casino is BIG, particularly if you like slots. I know I got LOTS of exercise walking from 1 end to the other. Second... the staff is not nice. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 on a Tuesday and the place was pretty empty. The hotel wouldn't let us check in until 4:00 which I thought was awful because my mom is 87 and would have liked to rest in the afternoon. When we did finally check in, we had to have our room changed twice due to smoke smells and keys that wouldn't work. The room itself is just okay, nothing special. If you're hungry, good luck finding some place to eat. Most of the food places are fast food style and they are not in the hotel. There is one sit down place (Toby Keith's) that was okay but pricey. There is NOTHING close to this place, so you really can't drive to another restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mickir
nsmith1, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are constantly working to improve. Going above and beyond and accomodating our guest’s needs is one of our primary goals, and it appears that we fell short in this case.

I must note that we actually have an excellent full-service restaurant right here in the hotel which specializes in steaks and seafood as well as a lounge with a full bar menu. It sounds like these restaurants would have suited your needs perfectly. However, I assume that we didn’t promote our restaurants when you checked in. I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory.
I would like the opportunity to speak with you and understand more about your experience so I can ensure other guests do not share the same experience in the future. Please contact me using the information below.

Norman Smith | Assistant General Manager |WinStar World Casino Hotel
1 World Way | Thackerville OK 73459
Direct: 580.276.1303 | Mobile: 580.483.6993 | Fax: 580.276.3110
nsmith1@winstarworldcasinohotel.com

Reviewed October 15, 2010

This place is great. Management truly treats customers right. Clean hotel room as well as a comfortable bed. Casino is connected to the hotel which is so convenient. Had a great trip. Recommend this place to all. Hotel Manager Paul was such a nice dude. Tyler C

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank tcal101
Reviewed October 5, 2010

OK, so the rooms are ok. I guess if you don't travel much & are not picky then you might think the rooms were very nice. Truth be told, they are nice but nothing fancy. We paid $219 for a king room on a Saturday night. For that price you can stay in a 4 star hotel in large major cities that are bigger with nicer amenities. Also, the bed was Extremely firm. I woke up with a bad back ache. Even most newer moderately priced hotels has much loftier mattresses....Winstar should take note. Also, the toiletries were skimpy & not impressive at all.

So, the summarize, the rooms are ok but WAY overpriced. Know that before you go & you'll be ok......if you can sleep on the mattress.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple