“Extremely rude service and expensive hidden fees”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Where do I start? The room is decent sized but for the price you pay they could've had better bedsheets to sleep on and a bigger restroom. The cleaning service cleans the room very well overall. Now speaking with the guest service they were rude and have no sense of customer service. They spoke to me like I can't afford the stay and charged me an extra $30 service fee?! Service fee for what service? My price was $200 but I ended up paying $251! Btw the pool closes extremely early at 10pm. Definitely do not recommend coming here.

1  Thank Alexrates
nsmith1, General Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I want you to know that we take hospitality serious at the WinStar World Casino Hotel and I am very concerned with the experience you received during your visit.

In regards to the $30 service fee...We do not have a service fee but do have a $30 credit card authorization for incidentals which will be released at the time of checkout. I am not sure if this the same charge you mentioned.

I would like the opportunity to earn your loyalty back and also understand more about your experience so I can ensure other guests do not share the same experience in the future. Again, I hope you will give us the opportunity to make up our shortfalls. Below is my contact information.

Regards,

Paul Niswonger
WinStar World Casino Hotel
580-276-1301 (direct line)
pniswonger@winstonhospitality.com

There are newer reviews for WinStar World Casino Hotel

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Because of our game play, our rooms which were originally scheduled to be $69 per night (2 nights) were free. The personnel at all areas were very pleasant and helpful. The cost of food is fairly high. The casino, going from the hotel to the last area (NY) is quite a walk. All areas are unique. The spa, pool, and workout area are wonderful. I highly recommend it. I will be returning at the end of the month with my children. Therefore, play at the casino will be limited to evening after they are in bed. There is little but the pool for them. I see that as a weakness for family vacations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank addteach
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I read travel reviews a lot and as a rule they have been very helpful. I have never submitted one of my own before, and felt this one was necessary. This was my first visit to the Winstar World Casino Hotel. A few days before taking the trip I went online to read reviews and frankly was a little afraid because most were so negative for both the hotel and the casino. I just want to go on record that check-in at the hotel was a breeze--no line at all, able to check in 2 hours early, and a very friendly staff. Our room was great and exactly as we requested. If there is any "complaint" at all about the room, it would only be the 2-cup coffee maker (as opposed to the usual standard 4-cup coffee maker). Not sure the reasoning there.

As far as the casino, entrance to the casino from the hotel was closer than I expected and the casino itself was not nearly as smoky as anticipated. As far as the "tight" slot machines....didn't see any difference from Shreveport, Las Vegas, etc. Also thought the spacing of the machines was very convenient for those with walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc., as well as those without special needs.

Lunch at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill was excellent--again with a great staff.

Would do it all over again and will soon. I guess I should mention that my trip was on a Tuesday/Wednesday...and assume weekends are more crowded and could obviously make a difference.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank whitney1304
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The hotel was really nice. The room was comfortable and well furnished. We LOVED our time in the SPA. We used the fitness center and it was a step above the typical hotel fitness room. The hotel restaurant was OK, not great.
The casino was another story. Not enough table games and paying 50 cents to play each hand of blackjack was crazy. We ended up not playing for long. One dealer talked so much she payed players when they'd lost. One talked so quietly no one at the table could hear him.
There weren't any good places to eat except Toby Keith's which was OK but not great.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexasTravelGirl48
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My husband and I went to Winstar to spend the night, gamble, and most importantly eat at Toby Keith's. We have visited the one in Las Vegas and enjoyed it very much. We did go on a Sunday night (4-25) and at 8:00 the place was packed. So we enjoyed a few beers and gambled for a little while and waited for the place to clear out for a little while. At 9:20 my husband went to get us a table, knowing that the restaurant does not close until 10:00 (at least that is what the sign says at the entrance). He was told they were not seating anyone else.....the restaurant was closed. There were still customers sitting in the restaurant and was not as busy. Needless to say, being a HUGE Toby Keith fan, I was very disappointed. I have been waiting since the day it opened to eat there. I do understand that it was a little late and getting close to them closing, however as a consumer, if the open till time says 10:00.....they should be able to seat you at 9:20. On the up side....we had a great time at Winstar. The rooms are very comfortable. We actually did win a little on the slot machines. That little gift shop at the entrance of the hotel needs to cut down on that overwhelming aroma that drifts out of their shop. It literally cuts off my air when I run by it.....and I have never even dared to enter it to shop. I ended up having an asthma attack later that night due to the over whelming smell. Hopefully I will be able to talk my husband in to taking me to Toby Keith's again in the future. I WAS CHEATED.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda777
Reviewed April 5, 2010

smaller than i expected it to be.. but the room is great!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This hotel is 100% non-smoking which was VERY nice (no smoke odors creeping in from the hallways or common areas). The room was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. Amenities include a safe, Neutrogena toiletries and a coffee-maker (single-cup style). I was surprised to see that they had room service, but did not use it so cannot comment on the quality. The walk to the casino looks long from the outside but it really isn't . . . very convenient (attached). There is a small, pretty pool area and a full-service spa. The A/C unit is a bit loud which did not bother me at all, but some might find it annoying. I wanted to try the little coffee/deli shop but the line was at least ten deep so we passed. Parking was OK but there are not enough handicap spaces. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I will likely return.

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank hotsauceking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Comfort Suites Gainesville
Comfort Suites Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!