6,532 results
All reviewsslot machinestable gameswin starpool towerterrace viewel fenixpoker roomwinstar world casinonorth towervalet serviceplayers cardnon smokinggamblingconcertcompswindstardallas
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We had read other reviews about the Winstar Casino and were uncertain what to expect from the hotel but it was very nice. The casino itself is very pretty but their payouts are poor and the smoke is overwelming. If you are looking more for the"outing" than the "gaming" then I think you will like the hotel. Friendly staff & a clean smoke free hotel. We didn't try the spa or resturant- only the coffee bar, but they all looked nice and inviting. Prices for items in the gift shop are crazy high, but unless you want to drive somewhere that is all there is.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Okay so we went after it took ALOT to get a room reserved through the website and trying to call. Check in was a bit long even though there were 4 people checking people that booked through the hotel only in. They were not very "customer service" friendly. Then signed up for Players Card Club. So much nicer! The room was nice but not worth $200 (including taxes). They also hold an extra $100 on your account for the room reservation. So $300 was tied up until Tuesday from my banks end.

They have closed several resteraunts, which is not mentioned ANYWHERE until you get to the casino. It made eating there horrible. At 9pm it was an 1 1/2 wait! Then you can only go so far or the beeper thing won't beep. The food at Toby Keith's was good, but not worth the wait or the prices. The grill's breakfast buffet was not worth it at all! None of the eating places could keep up with the extreme amout of people and having the others closed really impacted their service.

I've read alot of reviews that stated the slots don't pay. I didn't have that problem at all. My friend didn't win much though. So maybe I was just having a lucky night. But overall it was fun. It was enjoyable to watch the poker and black jack tables, but we did not play. Those were constantly full so it seemed enjoyable for many players.

I will go back because I earned a free night's stay. If I had to pay for a room again I probably wouldn't go. It's almost worth staying at a place down the street. Drinks were very expensive so there was no worries of drinking and driving.

For big thrills and casino life...there is no place like Vegas!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Back in December, 2009 my wife and I used a "comp room" we had earned at the WinStar Casino. When we checked in, we were automatically upgraded from a standard room to a suite. I'm assuming they were not real busy that night. The corner suite was very nice and of course if was all shiny and new since the hotel had not been open that long. It was very comfortable and suited us perfectly. The normal room rates do look kinda high (just like in Shreveport) so we would probably not stay either place if we didn't get the free rooms. The biggest gripe I have is that we play about the same $$ amount at both places........and we get free rooms and meals anytime in Shreveport and only Sun-Thurs at Winstar.....very stingy with the comps on the reservation!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here this weekend. We had a good time and the rooms where better than I expected. Just dont expect Vegas. Its deninately not a place to bring the family although I did see some there. Im not sure what the kids would do here. I'll go again. The only downfall was when one of the slots malfunctioned. As I waited for 3 to 4 people try and figure out how to fix it and 15 minutes later one of the attendants offered me a voucher for 2 CENTS! I am not kidding! Mind you I expected nothing. It was nobodys fault, but dont insult me by offering me 2 cents. The way I looked at it the casino was losing money by keeping from putting money in other machines while they figured out how to unjam the machine.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2010

i called several times to try to get a reservation-the phone system kept sending me back through the automated system to "press one" for reservations. when i finally was able to speak with a person, he was very terse.
for a room rate of $150 a night, vegas and shreveport look much better--i think i will have to skip winstar, which is a shame since they are a mere 70 miles away.......

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo