“Nice hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Burleson, Texas
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed in the new tower on the 19th floor last night. The room overall was good, just a few minor issues. We asked for a pool view but were given a room on the other side, with a view of the construction site and parking lot. The other negative was the door. You can see light all the way around, needs a better seal. The room was very clean. We enjoyed the candies provided. We had less than great experiences with restaurants, I will review them separately.

2 Thank Txtohawaii
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at The Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Having paid over $200 a night for a room to stay at the property to see the Rascal Flatts concert I was truly disappointed, not with the concert but rather the Winstar experience. The room was a standard size king with nothing special. If your going to a concert stay in Gainsville, Tx only 5 miles away and save at least $100. I stayed at the Winstar expecting to enjoy the whole experience, the enjoyment turned into a nightmare. The casino was extremely crowded and many of the gaming tables were not in operation due to inadequate staff. We tried to grab dinner 2 hours before the show at one of the 15 restaurants they advertise. Without a reservation the earliest seating was 9 PM and the walk up eateries had lines 30 people deep with no place to sit once you got your food. Even a "Nathon's" hot dog stand was 30 people deep. Both the cafe and hotel bar could not promise that if you ordered food that you would get it inside of 90 minutes. The property books shows, but apparently cannot obtain adequate numbers of wait/food prepares to handle the expected crowd for the concert. Come on, if you are in the entertainment business be prepared to handle the crowd and satisfy your customers when you have sold out concerts. Unless you love the thrill of playing slot machines, which must be 85% of the gaming available, I would avoid this Winstar and head to Shreveport, La.

1 Thank emorywasp
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at The Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience here. I would love to speak with you directly about your experience. Please contact me at 580-276-1301.

Assistant General Manager
Garland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed at Winstar on a Tuesday night and got a pleasant surprise. We were upgraded to a suite. It was a beautuful corner room the size of a small aoartment, i coud stay up and read and the living room light didn't lifht the bedroom and keep hubby awake. Every room I've stayed in at Winstar has a wonderfully comfortable bed in a large, attractive room with a fridge, safe and coffee maker. There is a lovely, expansive new pool area which opens this summer. Winstar is primarily casino lodging, but they have added so many shops, clubs, and restaurants in addition to the golf course and pool that it also has a resort feel. We stay there often and have never had a bad room or experience. Even the less pricey Inn at Winstar is comfortable, though the rooms are small, and it has its own indoor pool.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room. I like the rooms that overlook the pool.
2 Thank mimawsue
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay here at The Winstar World Casino & Resort! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and amenities throughout the casino. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Abilene tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

My daughter booked a room for the Kid Rock concert. She was told she would be comped for paying the max price for the room. Will she be able to get a comped room for the following night Sunday Fed 23?

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the inquiry about a comp night. Please call 580-276-3100, press 1 for reservations to inquire about a complimentary room.

I hope that you all enjoy the concert and weekend stay here at Winstar!

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had heard a lot about WinStar from several different people and decided to try it. It is on the edge of our driving distance but it turned out to be an ok drive. We arrived on Sunday, Jan. 19, before noon and while the front desk was busy it was only a short wait and to my surprise we were able to check in. Staff was friendly. Went to our room and found it very clean and well kept. The rooms are a nice size, I think partly because they do not fill them wall to wall with furniture. Bed was comfortable and room was very quiet at night. We headed straight to the casino after unpacking and were amazed. It seemed to go on and on. We walked the entire floor before deciding where to start playing. Generally when we go to the casino, one of us will do fairly well and the other will not, but this trip we both did amazing. Their slots seem to pay better than most. Now, that could have just been a lucky streak and next time we may leave all of it there, but this trip was great. We decided to eat at the Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was good, nothing spectacular. With us being from the Houston area, it is hard to find any better mexican food than we have here, but this was good. When we went back up to our room for the night, our keys would not work and we had to trek back down to the front desk. The clerk was friendly enough and redid our keys. However, the next day, I went to the room in the evening and the same thing happened. I went back down to the desk and the clerk was a little short with me. I tried to explain and she just grabbed the keys and at my request made totally new ones and sort of shoved them at me without saying anything.
I really enjoyed being able to drink iced tea all day in the casino from the self serve areas. I don't drink soft drinks and sometimes get tired of only water. Only objection to the casino, is it was very cold in it. I always had to wear a jacket. Due to being there Sunday through Wednesday, there is not much to do other than gamble or go to bed. The night club is only open Thursday through Saturday and even the italian restaurant was closed while we were there. The chinese restaurant was lacking a bit. We have eaten at that chain several times and it was always good. The fried rice was a little chewy. We ate breakfast in the cafe and while the food was good, they really needed more help. The waitresses were having to serve and clear which was a lot of work when most all of the tables were being used. The second morning, my breakfast was cold and my husbands eggs had to be redone. We also ate at Toby Keith's which is pretty good no matter where you are. There weren't many people there so service was excellent.
I think that my biggest issue with WinStar is that there is absolutely nothing else to do other than gamble. I tend to get bored with that and will wander around, go shopping or just watch tv for a little while or if it is in the evenings, I might listen to music at whatever kind of bar is in the casino, but this one doesn't have one. It would be really nice to see a piano bar or something similar to be able to sit and listen. It just needs other activities during the week for people to enjoy, we all can't come on the weekends.
Overall, this was a good trip, and we will probably come back sometime.

Room Tip: Take a sweater or jacket for the casino.
4 Thank shenry2318
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay here at The Winstar World Casino & Resort! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and amenities throughout the casino. For your added benefit during your next day, we have a golf course on the resort and the resort style pool will be open in a couple of months!

I hope that we have the opportunity to server you again in the near future!

San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I were there for a week in Jan. and we had a great time. Our pool tower room was excellent! The buffet was great! You need to try the PHO soup and the candy apples. We also ate at the restaurant in the new tower and had a an omelet and a chicken salad sandwich and they were great! We won money too! So overall we loved the trip and hated to head back home. We are going back in mid Feb. with friends to show them what a great place this is. Who needs Vegas when you have Winstar! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: A little bit of noise going on outside due to construction but it wasn't bad at all!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the most recent review of your stay here at The Winstar World Resort & Casino! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and amenities throughout the casino.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went here to celebrate my approaching 60th birthday. It was an expensive room, but we had a wonderful time in the casino. The bed was comfy and room service breakfast was perfect. My only complaint was the coffee maker didn't work, which is pretty important when you're having breakfast. Prowling the different countries in the casino was great fun. And we actually came out winners which isn't a guarantee at casinos. Enjoyed pastries from a bakery and pizza from the brick oven. There is the best spa which worked me in on a Saturday for a hot stone back massage. Turning 60 isn't so grand, but the weekend was perfect!

Room Tip: The rooms sell out almost every weekend so book early. Lots of entertainers coming.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Asst. General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
BEST WESTERN Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!