“Pool Tower----Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We just returned from spending a night in the brand new Pool Tower at Winstar Hotel. The new tower is just beautiful. It has an elegant, relaxing atmosphere.

The rooms are lovely. The rooms are not large but are well appointed. The beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. There is a refrigerator and single cup coffee pot in the rooms. The bathroom is of adequate size with a large shower (no tub).

Our room overlooked the beautiful new pool area. The pool is large. I could see two hot tubs. For you sun lovers, there were lots of loungers. There is a sitting area with a fire pit. This area will make a nice retreat from the casino.

I must say that it is a bit if a walk from the Pool Tower to the casino. I felt like I was in a big Vegas hotel walking from the casino to the room.

The new 360 gaming area in the casino is nice. The lighting in this area is actually pretty cool.

I must commend the Winstar employees. Every one that we have encountered on this visit as well as on many, many visits in the past, has been friendly, courteous, professional and helpful.

I would certainly recommend Winstar Casino and Hotel as a great place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nanaju
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Crystal Bynum

Write a ReviewReviews (4,791)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed one night (comp) on October 28 and loved it. Though I have read ads claiming it to be "the world's second largest casino" you have got to visit the casino to believe it. Hundreds and hundreds of slot machines where everyone can have their pick. The hotel room was lovely except, I was surprised to see no refrigerator provision in the room. From the time you enter the
casino, it takes a while to reach the hotel lobby - which shows how BIG it is; however, for those who do not like this long walk, the casino shuttle is readily available. Great hotel and casino

4  Thank Jessica R
CrystalBynumGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your most recent experience here at The Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the casino and your hotel room. We recently added our second tower and each room is equipped with a refrigerator. We also have refrigerators available upon request for the guest rooms in the Casino Tower (Tower 1), so please be sure to let us know if you are in need of one.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived 2:00 P M on Thursday, Oct 24 and checked out Friday, Oct. 25. Check in was 4:00 P M but very nice lady at the front desk found a room , took our suitcases up, back down and started playing slots. We only play slots. You just can't imagine the number and different kinds of slots. I guess in the twelve hours I played, I played at least 100 different slots. I wanted to try as many as I could to be prepared for the next trip which I hope is very soon.

I found this to place to be very clean, from the casino to our room.
There wasn't one slot that I played that the Players Card slot was not lit up by small red lights. Not one time was my card rejected like in a lot of casinos.

This is a smoking casino and I am pretty sensitive to smoke but when I walked into the casino, there was no smoke smell. I had to be very close to a smoker to smell any smoke. It appeared to me there were not a lot of smokers there.

I have played slots in Tahoe, Vegas, Wendover Nev., Tunica Miss, along the Gulf Coast, Lake Charles, La , Shreveport/Bossier City, La . When it comes to slots, this is the place. It is my opinion if you just want to go and play slots or Blackjack, Winstar is the place. Not much around there too look at but I went to play the slots.

Everyone at the Casino I contacted were very professional, friendly and ready to help in any way they could. The people running this place know what they are doing and I cant wait to get back. By the way, I found these slots to pay better than any I have ever played.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank John W

Thank you for the review for your most recent stay! I am happy to read that you loved everything about your stay. We strive to ensure that every guest is satisfied from the time of making the reservation until your next stay! I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were comped here for 2 nights in mid October. The check in area has been moved to the new Tower lobby. We stayed in the older tower, now called the Casino Tower. The rooms there have always been nice, but I wish they had better bed linens. I said to my husband, " I didn't know that companies still made Muslin sheets!"

Room Tip: BYOP= bring your own pillow!
4  Thank Arleen H

Thank you for taking to give feedback on your most recent stay. I am happy to hear that you received two complimentary nights to experience the resort. I will be sure to check the quality of our sheets and ensure that we are utilizing the correct cleaning detergent mix to ensure the linens are softer. This is the first time I've heard of a comfort of sheet complaint, so I'm sure it is an anomaly but will do some research.

Thank you again for the feedback and I hope your concern doesn't deter you from coming back and giving us another try. Please feel free to contact me at 580-276-1301 if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have not gambled at Winstar often so I was surprised when we received a mailing for a comp room. When we arrived valet service was very prompt. We had to wait a little bit for bell service, but they were very courteous and apologetic when they arrived. Upon checkout they were at out room within 5 minutes of my call. The front desk was very pleasant and assigned us a king corner suite. The room was very large and comfortable with a large seating area with sectional sofa and coffee table. Also lots of windows. I was however surprised the room did not a refrigerator. This is normally found in a suite. Bathroom was huge with a shower that could accommodate a party, but no tub. A nice big soaker tub would have been nice. Big shower and no tub seems to be the theme of Oklahoma casino hotels. We have found this at other locations. Ocerall we were pleased with out visit. I would not pay the price I have seen on some of the other reviews. If I am going to gamble I expect the room to be comp or a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large with lots of windows.
1  Thank pssprinkle
Reviewed October 22, 2013

For a $300+ a night room, it was way over priced, looked like a Hotel 6. When I set up the reservation I was lead to believe it was in the new Hotel which would explain the price, but it wasn't. Next for the price one work think they could provide a wash cloth or 2, not just hand towels and towels.
The only plus side was the concert.

2  Thank 747robertk
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed the weekend recently along with an Alabama concert. The room was very nice and the only complaint was very hard chairs. The desk chair was like a rock and the chair and ottoman were also very firm. I realize most people don't go there to sit in the room but on Saturday we watched the Texas - OU football game and after 3 hours in the chair my back was aching. If it had not been for my halftime entertainment I would have been unhappy. Overall the rest of the room was great, the staff was great, the concert was great, and we will definitely be going back again.
Especially when they get the other tower finished and rooms are not so hard to get.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and had a great view! It was a little noisy from 2-4AM when people return...
1  Thank Furguson
CrystalBynumGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at The Winstar World Casino & Resort. I am happy to hear that you encountered great service from the team. I apologize that you didn't find the couch or desk chair to be more comfortable. I will be sure to take a look at this to ensure it's not a property wide issue. I hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. If you would like to discuss anything further please call me at 580-276-1301.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Comfort Suites Gainesville
Comfort Suites Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!