“Great place to go!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
“Great place to go!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Even though we blew a bit of money on the slots, we got it back on the blackjack tables and decided breaking even was a good place to stay. The floor attendants all were very nice and helpful, security looked very professional in maroon blazers and the housekeepers kept every piece of trash cleaned. The restaurants were pretty nice too. Toby Keiths has a glass wall to keep the smoke out and they have great steak! Didn't eat anywhere else so that's that for that. On our way out, a guy in a black coat and huge red backpack ran by with a lady in an orange coat and when we went outside to find our car, they were helping a girl that had hit her head. Security led us through as two more people showed up with a red backpack, so I actually felt safer knowing they have an onsight medical team. Again, great place to go!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jmackie97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hubs & I LOVE the Winstar. We like the slots, we like getting away from it all, we like staying at the hotel at the casino. We have been 3 times in the past 3 months. The last two times we stayed at the casino hotel.

Staying at the casino is convenient and allows us to rest and escape the smoke. That is the only downside to the whole adventure--one helluva smoke-filled casino. Otherwise, what more can a couple ask for? We have time away from our busy lives in a place that offers fun and excitement and with luxury accomodations. The Winstar hotel rooms are immaculate, spacious, and luxurious. I feel like I am being pampered. If you can afford it, stay here.

When we walked into our room the first time, we squealed like kids at Christmas, giggling, "This is the room that we got free?! Wow, we just won the hotel lottery." I am a cost-conscious traveler and these rooms are luxury rooms compared to the basics that I usually opt for. The decor was modern but homey. The beds are AMAZINGLY comfortable. I sleep very well here. The bathroom has a "spa-like" vibe and there is always plenty of hot water. The room, even with 2 Queen beds, is so spacious. The rooms do not have a micro-fridge or a microwave, nor do they have the option to buy movies (but then again, I guess we come to gamble). There is a safe in the room in case you hit it big. :-)

I cannot rate the affordability of the rooms without bias. The last two times we were at Winstar, our rooms were comped... so, yeah, it was a REAL bargain for us. I think most rooms show up for $200/night on the casino website. That price is a bit steep for me, a cost-conscious traveler. But who can argue with free?

I have been to Vegas twice and I cannot honestly compare Vegas to Thackerville in terms of excitement and entertainment options. However, Vegas is not a real option for me and hubs most of the time. But if we can, we can swing a quick trip up to Oklahoma. I encourage anyone within a 6 hour drive to try Winstar to get away from the busy and to let loose...and to stay at the casino hotel.

Just keep in mind, there are very few dining options other than eating at the casino with the average food at casino prices. The casino is about 15 or so miles either direction from other eating options. Just wanted to give you a heads up. In the casino, you can eat pub food, burgers, hotdogs, pizza/pasta, Panda Express, and at the casino's expensive all you-can-eat buffet with okay food.

Room Tip: The more you play the slots and gamble, the more likely you are to receive a postcard from the Winst...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LadyWanderLust
Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

So, I received two free tickets to see Maze, Featuring Frankie Beverly at the WinStar Event Center. I also had a free night stay at the hotel. Never would have thought in million years that the stay would be so great!

Room was very clean, smoke free, and the beds were really comfy. But the pillows! I really wanted to take one home with me. Really had a good nights sleep. Well, maybe a good few hours sleep. After the concert we played the slots, then saw the band members in the hotel bar and took pics with them, then went back to gambling. Didn't win.

Let me mention that the two places where we ate were great! Late lunch at "Chip & Ales". I try not to eat fried foods but the fries and shrimp basket was perfect. I tasted the fish and it was really good too! We ate breakfast at the "Firehouse". Great variety of foods. I tasted everything! After breakfast we played the slots for a little while before heading back to Texas...it was then that I hit it big!

I would recommend the Winstar Hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators - noisy area. Check in is at 4:00 pm. Get there on time or there...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TexasLovingVegas
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Went to the Winstar to see a show and stayed at the hotel for the night. They have complimentary valet and you pick up your tickets at the ticket window. The casinos are very smokey but hotel itself is non smoking. Everything was nice and convienent. The room was spacious and clean although a bit pricey.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I began going to Winstar in July 2010. I was lucky enough to win a LOT of money on blackjack. I was immediately comped a suite, meals, and assigned a VIP host.
I literally stayed at the Hotel for one month. I also have had the pleasure of staying at the Inn. Both places are clean, comfortable, and accomodating. Cant smoke in the Hotel which to me is a a downside, but other than that, the place if wonderful. Staff is attentive and polite. I quit going in September of 2010 and began going again in July of 2011. Again, I was comped rooms and all meals I requested. And every time I have stayed at the hotel or inn since going again has been nothing but great. Rooms are very comfortable and the staff is still accomodating and polite. I have no complaints whatsoever. If I had to, I'd pay for a room if I were playing and they didnt comp me. Its a nice place to stay after a long night of gambling. All the food is good except for Red River Grill. That is the only place to eat that is open all night and it is dissapointing (at least to me it is.) My favorite is Toby Keith's. Wonderful bone in ribeye that is cooked perfectly each time.....I have no complaints about the place, other than I need to win more.... :)

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice....
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Lago Vista, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Loved staying here. The rooms were very nice and clean. Friendly staff.
Just wish the Fort Knox slot machines had been more accomodating. Buffet needs to be more centrally located, you have to walk your feet off to get to it coming from the hotel area. Average casino food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is the best place to stay and play and close to home but I like to stay at the hotel when I am there. Just walk down to the casino. No driving back and forth from a hotel. The only thing and I did not tell the front desk is there was no channel guide in the room. I did not use the Spa this trip but have on several occasions in the past. Absolutely recommend the spa, facials are so relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice. Corner suites have more room. 12th Floor is most excellent!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!