“ASST MANAGER CALLED ME A LIAR.....NEEDS A LESSON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Austin, Texas, United States
“ASST MANAGER CALLED ME A LIAR.....NEEDS A LESSON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It first started with a complete mistake in our reservation, Vickie who took the reservation wanted to put 3 people in a king size bed......the solution to that problem was to upgrade us to a king suite for an additional charge of $10 to the customer. When we finally decided to go to sleep, the sofa sleeper had no supporting springs on the fold out, so one of us had to sleep on a 5ft sofa. When we checked out we notified the front desk of our dissatisfaction with the room and wanted the $10 extra charge taken off, apparently the front desk person could not do this without checking with the manager or in this case the assistant manager Mary.
Mary called and said the charge would be taken off, but when I expressed my dissatisfaction on the room I was accused of lying about number of people, I was told I made the reservation for 1 bed and I was trying to get the room for free. She did not accept any responsibilty for any of her staff.......to her it was all MY FAULT. I asked to speak to her boss which is her husband and she told me....he is gonna tell you the same thing.
This hotel does not know the meaning of hospitality and I will NEVER stay here again and encourage others not to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great location! Wonderful shuttle to casino , Saves the hassle of parking. Beds and linens a tad worn , but the Showers are amazing. Breakfast was ok, but it is very much what you expect. Service was great. Would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank MARCIA C
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We arrived around 3 p.m. and Bree quickly checked us in and directed us to our room. The lobby was very neat and clean and spacious. Our room was just what we ordered, two queen beds along with microwave and fridge, coffee maker and a nice bathroom (except for the lighting). The breakfast was normal and plenty selections for us. We had tickets for Willie Nelson so the price for the room was far too expensive but we had no choice for the area. My only complaints were the price and the lighting in the bathroom was very dim. There is a free shuttle to and from the casino and I highly recommend using it because the parking lot at the casino is packed and they drop you off at the door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shoehorse
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really didn't expect much when I booked this room after reading the reviews. Casino hotel was sold out so we took a chance. Our experiece was very positive. The desk clerk was charming and informative, the jacuzzi room was very comfortable, jacuzzi isn't for two really but otherwise functioned perfectly. Now the breakfast room may have improved some after all of the complaints; I have stayed at 100's of hotels and this is perfectly acceptable fare. Yes it is pricey, it's the location, but we will return I am sure because it is convenient with 24 hour shuttle to the casino, it is a fairly new property, clean and comfortable. I loved our first floor room, no waiting for the elevator and everything is so handy except the ice machine is on the second floor at the very end of the hall.

Room Tip: Twenty bucks more gets you a jacuzzi room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were excited to try this new hotel. Two girlfriends and myself had traveled from Minnesota....long drive. This being the end of September we were surprised to find the rooms so chilly....Well little did we know the next morning there was no hot water. We called the front desk and were told the water spicket was reversed and we were doing it wrong. However after over a half hour trying to find HOT water we realized....there just wasn't any. We asked for some sort of adjustment and were told the manager wasn't in. I left a note with my name and number so he could call. Never heard a word besides the room being $189.00....Come on, really??

Room Tip: Check for hot water upon arrival.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Red River Inn & Suites
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville

Been to Best Western Red River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!