“Great stay”

Reviewed January 6, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank JimAndPamBenbrook
REDCASINO, General Manager at Best Western Red River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Reviewed December 27, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We arrived around 3 p.m. and Bree quickly checked us in and directed us to our room. The lobby was very neat and clean and spacious. Our room was just what we ordered, two queen beds along with microwave and fridge, coffee maker and a nice bathroom (except for the lighting). The breakfast was normal and plenty selections for us. We had tickets for Willie Nelson so the price for the room was far too expensive but we had no choice for the area. My only complaints were the price and the lighting in the bathroom was very dim. There is a free shuttle to and from the casino and I highly recommend using it because the parking lot at the casino is packed and they drop you off at the door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shoehorse
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really didn't expect much when I booked this room after reading the reviews. Casino hotel was sold out so we took a chance. Our experiece was very positive. The desk clerk was charming and informative, the jacuzzi room was very comfortable, jacuzzi isn't for two really but otherwise functioned perfectly. Now the breakfast room may have improved some after all of the complaints; I have stayed at 100's of hotels and this is perfectly acceptable fare. Yes it is pricey, it's the location, but we will return I am sure because it is convenient with 24 hour shuttle to the casino, it is a fairly new property, clean and comfortable. I loved our first floor room, no waiting for the elevator and everything is so handy except the ice machine is on the second floor at the very end of the hall.

Room Tip: Twenty bucks more gets you a jacuzzi room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were excited to try this new hotel. Two girlfriends and myself had traveled from Minnesota....long drive. This being the end of September we were surprised to find the rooms so chilly....Well little did we know the next morning there was no hot water. We called the front desk and were told the water spicket was reversed and we were doing it wrong. However after over a half hour trying to find HOT water we realized....there just wasn't any. We asked for some sort of adjustment and were told the manager wasn't in. I left a note with my name and number so he could call. Never heard a word besides the room being $189.00....Come on, really??

Room Tip: Check for hot water upon arrival.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The red river inn is a new hotel by the casino, only a few months old. The room was $99 with vet discount. Very clean. Very friendly. Only complaint was the breakfast. I have stayed in $50 hotels with 3x better breakfast lol. But it's free so I guess it's hard to complain. Just wish it was a little better. Pretty much just had coffee, juice, toast, and cereal. After a night of losing money I wish I could have at least had a free breakfast lol. Ihop isn't to far though. 5-10 miles south I believe.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jcslater13
REDCASINO, General Manager at Best Western Red River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Unfortunately our property, ‘BEST WESTERN Red River Inn & Suites’ is located next door to another property with a similar name, simply ‘Red River Inn & Suites’. Please note that we take extreme pride in keeping our property up to the highest of standards which leads me to believe this was not our property you were checked in to. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused in the review process. Thank you

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room was nice and comfortable, but noisy as we had room 100 by the front desk. However, the free breakfast was...disgusting! Triangle fake eggs, with slimy sausage and frozen biscuits. I never saw fresh fruit or yogurt or any of the pastries they advertised. It was "free"...so I guess I get what I pay for.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danielle T

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please note that we take extreme pride in keeping our property up to the highest of standards, but clearly we had a lapse during your time with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Red River Inn & Suites
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville

Been to Best Western Red River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!