“CASINO GETAWAY”

Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Excellent mini suite; a little on the high price but adequate if you have more than two people; Room was clean and had the essentials needed; King bed was great; mattress was firm; the pillows were a little on the high side; check in time was very rigid; 3:00 pm wuh little debate; only negative factor was the check in front desk clerk which was rude; Had to spelled out my name twice and demanded an ID and credit card; I know this is a common thing but how the request was done; the midnight clerks were pleasant; use the shuttle to go to the casino as the parking lot is small and gets full quickly; park & ride;

Room Tip: Request a first floor room if available; there are three floors in this hotel and the elevator is sl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was on a work trip so the casino was to much to pay to justify. The Best Western was the only option on price but I got what I paid for. Staff was poor, slow check in (if they were even at the desk) and just plan understaffed. The hotel looks great from the outside but it stops there. Room looked good but the bed was old/hard, most TV channels were disabled. Shower was good but VERY soft water, over all bathroom conditions was low. The breakfast was pretty laughable, the "eggs" looked like slices of cheese.

This is not a hotel to go vacation at but to rest your head for a night it's fine, but not great.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin T
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is not anywhere near the value for what it cost per night, it is way overpriced for it's quality, problem is they almost always sell out because people want to gamble at casino. The room is just ok, I've paid half this cost and had much, much better quality for my money, will not stay again, we live an hour away from casino, next time will drive home or stay at winstar inn which was a wonderful experience. The breakfast at this BW was the absolute worst I have ever seen from a hotel, haven't statyed at a motel 6 lately but I can imagine their breakfast would be 10 times better. I wrote a review on BW.com since they sent me a review request for my stay experience and the management/owners sent me an email offering me a 10% discount on my next stay. Are you serious, 10% discount might save me the taxes for this room, I can get a better discount by using AAA membership, 10% discount is a waste of your time, I'd rather they never replied at all. Maybe if they would have offered something of real value to try them again I might have but with this stupid offer I for sure will not. For the price of this hotel, your better off at winstar owned properties or staying in gainesville.

Room Tip: None are worth the $$$
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
REDCASINO, General Manager at Best Western Red River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property, BEST WESTERN Red River Inn & Suites. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our rates are comparable to similar hotels in our neighborhood, as we feel we provide some of the best value because of our prime location and personal service standards. We’re sorry that this was not your impression this time around.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were at the Winstar Casino and decided it would be fun to stay overnight. The hotel at the casino was sold out for the night. We drove over to the Best Western and took what they offered us on such short notice. It was clean and decent and included buffet breakfast but we feel we overpaid for what we received. The pool was closed because there a storm the night before and the "fitness room" had 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical machine. Nothing special but if you are just looking for a room to sleep in, it's fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our rates are comparable to similar hotels in our neighborhood, as we feel we provide some of the best value because of our prime location and personal service standards. We’re sorry that this was not your impression this time around. . We hope you’ll come visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early May. Had a king room wih jacuzzi tub. Charged $225 for room. Went to bed and a storm came up. I could hear water in the air conditioner/heating system, but when I awoke through the night to go to restroom, carpet was totally soaked. I put a rubber backed rug down with towels over that, but they also got soaked through. Then plumbing in wall began knocking for the rest of night.............Had the worst "hot breakfast" of any hotel we stayed in before, with flat, yellow squares that were told were the eggs. When checking out, told the front desk of the room problems, and was told that I should have called the front desk (in the middle of the night?) and gotten some towels to sop up the water. Received a email from Best Western, saying "sorry, hope you stay with us again". I Don't Think So !! Oh, and water was not hot enough in jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Lipstick on a Pig. Or Faux-nice. Looks pretty but no quality. A hard king bed and the cheapest and most uncomfortable sleeper sofa ever - the hotel had rooms w 2 queens avail and offered to let me me change rooms - for $50 more. And Aunt Bea in the breakfast area hovers over you like a buzzard to make sure she gets her $1 tip. At reservation WIFI for my work was promised but it wasnt working.
It's one of those hotels that feels like instead of working hard to please the guests it has an owner that wants to squeeze every nickel out of the next sucker.

Never again - avoid.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AtravelerKeller
Reviewed April 5, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel but other BW s we have stayed in have wonderful bedding and fairly good breakfasts and we were disappointed. It is handy to the Casino with a great shuttle service. Neat, clean, tidy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please note that we take extreme pride in keeping our property up to the highest of standards, but clearly we had a lapse during your time with us. We have since underwent renovations and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back now that they have been completed

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Red River Inn & Suites
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville

Been to Best Western Red River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!