“Mama Mia! What a great experience!”

Gliori's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Tecumseh
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a great little restaurant tucked away in small town Oklahoma. Ian and his wife Phyllis are wonderful hosts and Ian's food is absolutely fabulous. My wife loves his pizza, and I am a fan of...well, pick one! The Creamy Italian salad dressing is their own special blend and is delicious. And be careful not to fill up on the hot, delicious, FREE breadsticks before your meal comes. The sauce is home-made and I really like the sampler with spaghetti and meatball (it is huge!) and lasagna. Aside from the great food, we love eating at Gliori's because it is a relaxing, family experience. Ian and Phyllis treat everyone like old friends, not matter if it's the first time or the 100th. It is clean, restrooms included, the service is great, and the prices reasonable.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Homemade Italian food and an incredible atmosphere. This is a must do if you are in central Oklahoma. A real jewel!

Reviewed April 25, 2008

My family and I have dined at Gliori's several times during the past year and have always found the food to be good. It is nestled in the four block area of Broadway in downtown Tecumseh and is run by locals who are always present in the establishment. They serve a variety of fresh salads, pasta dishes, and pizzas, and everything I've tried was good enough that I'd definitely order it again. I have especially enjoyed the salads; they taste very fresh and the dressings are good. The lasagna and pizza were also a hit with me. The restaurant is nicely decorated and quiet as well.

If I had to say anything negative about Gliori's, it would be this: The service is spotty, and the atmosphere, for whatever reason, lends itself to staring by other diners. I'll try to explain. The waitresses who have helped us in the past have been kind but are never attentive and are often forgetful. We have had to remind them to bring items we've ordered but never received, to refill our drinks, etc. on multiple occasions. The staff seems young and perhaps just isn't experienced enough yet to know better, but with the owners there you'd think the service would be fantastic. It's average at best on most nights. The owners do make an effort to check on their patrons though, which is appreciated. As for the "starers", Tecumseh is a small town, and we don't live there, so maybe other folks are just surprised to see "outsiders" in town. Whatever the reason, it always makes us uncomfortable. It's as if everyone in the whole place turns to look when someone walks in the door. No one's fault, I guess, but unnerving just the same.

If you like Italian food in a quaint setting, give Gliori's a try. I don't think the food will disappoint, though the waitstaff and staring diners might leave something to be desired.