“These people are Crooks!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 1 Stuart B&B and Inns
Little Rock, Arkansas
“These people are Crooks!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had to book my reservation for the middle of the week in October, months away. I had to cancel that reservation due to job reponsibilities. I attempted to make another reservation and I was told they were booked for Living Social vouchers until the fall/winter of 2013. At that point I felt like they used Living Social to stay afloat durring the off season. I was not happy about having to book a year out. I made another reservation anyway because I paid $180 and didn't want to loose money. Even though at this point I could no longer get the 2day inclusive package at what I paid for it I would only get a discount of $180 and pay the remaining $212 out of pocket. Which is what I felt they wanted to happen anyway. I dont believe they planned on honoring all the groupon discounts anyway. I end up having to cancel that reservation because my husband started a new job and couldn't get away. By this time I decided to give away my voucher to somone who could use it and so I wouldn't feel like I basically threw away $180 bucks. The owner actually had the nerve to tell the couple I gave it too that they wouldn't honor my voucher because I had canceled several times. First of all I cancelled 2 times and that is my choice to do so especially considering they already got $180 of my money and I did not receive any services for it. Because of this this place gets a bad reveiew from me. They got my money and I did not get anything for it. I feel like I have been robbed of almost $200!!! I would like to know if anyone else has ran into this issue with this business after purchasing a Living Social voucher or this Bed and Breakfast. I will tell you also DON't Do It!!! Because they will not hold up ther end of the bargain even after receiving your payment. If so please post a reponse.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank shanig76

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great getaway! Everything the website promises it delivers. The grounds were fun with enough to keep you occupied between meals and wine tastings. The wines were great and the food was awesome. This was our first time at a naturist resort and we absolutely loved it!! Pam and Steve made usa feel comfortable from the start and we the most gracious hosts. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well as the night sky. We can't wait to return. What a relaxing weekend. Thanks Pam and Steve.

Room Tip: Loved the Morning Glory room as it was directly off the pool and close to the shared bathroom
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I had another great weekend at Wakefield Country Inn and Vineyard, well really should say Steve and Pam's.... Our third time and it's more like visiting friends then staying at a hotel. Steve and Pam make you feel so comfortable and we just relaxed all weekend. If it weren't a 3 hour drive we'd probably be there every weekend. The food is great, just like home but we don't have to prepare it. Pam is a great cook and show's that she loves to serve others. If your looking to relax there's no better place to do it then here.

Room Tip: We always stay in the Morning Glory, it's on the East side and the door opens right to the pool...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Okiewoody55
Tuttle, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I never knew Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards even existed until we were invited to go with our friends. I felt like I was at home all weekend long! The hospitality and companionship are beyond compare to any other B&B I have ever been to.

Upon arrival there a fresh chocolate chip cookies waiting for you in your room. YUM! Pam and Steve gave us the official tour of the property along with a simple, "let us know what you need." After settling in with our luggage we were invited to the tatsing room for appetizers and a wine tasting. The white wines were first and all absolutely amazing. I decided right then to go home with at least a case of a mixed bag of all of the whites. The dinner was AMAZING! Being the main cook in my home, it was a welcomed change of pace to have 4 star service. Pam's cooking is like the meals "momma used to make." After dinner we retreated to the porch with a bottle of the Reisling. It was so peaceful to listen to the buslte of the leaves on the trees and just hear nature. We saw several animals, but I must say my favorite is the cat, Blacky. He is a mild mannered black cat who was glad for some company on the porch.

After the best night's sleep I have ever had, I was awakened by the sweet scent of homemade biscuits. I grabbed my Wakefield robe from the closet and made my way to the dining room. We had eggs, bacon, biscuits, fresh pineapple, and coffee. I jokingly asked if wine for breakfast was an option.

Once my belly was full, I decided to shower up for the day. The bathroom is quite nice with a spot to sit down and do your make-up as well as a walk in shower.

We opted for the Sportman's package and were soon off to fish in the pond. What a great little fishing hole. I mainly went to take photos of my husband, but saw how many he was catching and decided to give it a whirl myself. Three casts and three fish! After he had his fill of fishing we were off to do a little skeet shooting. There is a perfect spot right by the tree line to shoot. From the porch we heard Pam tell us it was time for lunch.

What a great place for a cookout for lunch! Burgers on the grill and WINE! I took a nap in the hammock while waiting my turn for the massage. After my hour of a relaxing massage, I treated myself to more cookies and wine. I was at a Vineyard after all!

Now time to taste the red wines with more delightful appetizers. Wow, just wow. Hands down the best wine I have ever tasted. All of them were delicious, but my favorites were the Pinot Noir (Sex in the Vineyard) and the Blackberry Melbac (Naked Cowboy). I love the names of the wine almost as much as the wine!

Dinner was next. We had the best roast I have ever had...period. Of course, it had all the expected trimmings of Southern cooking. I do believe the best part of dinner was the salad dressing. Pam makes it with their red wine. So sweet and creamy...would love to know how to make it myself. We also had a home made apple pie (made with the Sweet Temptation green apple Pinot Grigio). It literally melted in my mouth.

After dinner, we enjoyed a soak in the hot tub with a bottle of one of the red wines. It was so relaxing to just look up at the stars and hear the sounds of nature.

We had yet another great night of sleep and another amazing breakfast. We gathered up our things and went to the tatsing room to decide what wines to take home. I left with a case of whites and a case of reds. You buy a case and the 13th bottle is free! We said our goodbyes and as we shut the car door vowed to come back at least once a year. Pam and Steve truly make you feel like family while you are there...not just a guest.

I cannot begin to tell anyone reading this what a truly life changing experience you will have here at Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards.

Ben and NaRissa Anderson

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms to choose from and they are all excellent! 2 of them open to the porch and 1 open...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NaRissa A
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Steve & Pam are just wonderful hosts who made us feel so welcome when we arrived on Saturday.
Told Pam of my wife's GF diet and she worked her hardest to make her feel good! There were cookies for me and apples/cheese for her! Had the room by the pool, but all the rooms are just lovely and comfortable! Wine testing followed by a wonderful dinner with our host to add to the dinner conversation. Great night of sleep (after testing 10 bottles of wine) and then a great breakfast to send us on our way!

Yes, you must go naked into the hot tub, but so what! Live a little and try it - you'll like it!

We will return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank George B
Bedford
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were underwhelmed with our two nights. Steve and Pam are the owners. Steve was very good and friendly and available if needed. Pam is a full time teacher who came home grouchy from work and showed it. Spoke negatively about her job. She is tired with working all day and coming home to a home full of strangers and it shows. The meals prepared are merely okay--utility meals. Being served dessert on a plastic plate is not my idea of a great dining experience. They showed great displeasure with the Living Social deal they had made, implying that they had been fast talked into it and that guests coming there with those coupons steal from them. They knew we were there on that deal and still spoke disparagingly of guests who use the Living Social program. Hot tub only available if you got in it in the nude. WHAT??? Steve actually told another guest that. Not acceptable. We have made MANY b/b trips and this did not rate well with us.

Room Tip: There are three guest rooms on this property. All are about the same--the major problem is that thre...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deborahc620
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We purchased or trip through Living Social for our daughters birthday. My daughter and her husband and my wife and I were excited about spending the weekend sipping wine, playing games and catching up on some much needed rest. We had never been to the Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards before. When we arrived there were fresh warm cookies waiting for us. Steve and Pam were so nice to us and the rooms were clean and comfortable. That evening we had our first wine tasting. These were the white wines. All of the wines were sweet. Steve explained that the most popular wines in there research were the sweet wines so they chose to make sweet wines. They were delicious! My daughter and wife have certain dietary preferences that we had made Pam aware of them ahead of time. She was very accommodating in preparing foods they could eat. After a good quite nights rest we shared a hot breakfast that include homemade biscuits. We spent the day hiking, playing games, taking naps and sipping wine. The solitude of the vineyard was so refreshing compared to our city life. Before dinner we had our second wine tasting which included all the red wines. I couldn't imagine them being as good as the white wines. They were. We liked them all. Our only difficulty was choosing which wines were going to take home. Steve and Pam made us fill at home. They gave us the freedom to do our own thing. We were glad we went.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank js B

Been to Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards? Share your experiences!