“Fried pickles!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Rock Cafe has been located on Route 66 in Stroud, OK for more then 70 years. The diner still has its original grill. The current owner was used as inspiration for the character "Sally" in the Pixar/Disney film Cars. The cafe has been in many publications and television programs including Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. We are open 7 days a week 7am until 8pm.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

A great stop on a great drive. Waitress was really friendly and chatted with us while we ate. The fried pickles were a revelation!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in because The Rock Cafe is a Rt. 66 icon restaurant we wanted to experience. The staff was great, very friendly. The food was average, not fantastic, but the prices were fair. All in all, not a bad stop. The restaurant has been rebuilt from a fire, so not very authentic. Gift shop next door is not worth the time.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Rebuilt after a devastating fire; the only thing remaining was the iron cook top. Expanded seating and plank ceilings and walls recreate this great place to stop for a bite. Lots of history on old Route 66 and super friendly folks to wait on you......and more chatty local customers to add to the local color.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a great little place to stop for some small town food and atmosphere. the owners are nice and are great to the kids they hire locally. We all go there to eat sometimes. It's a little higher than most local places but we pay it because it's The Rock in Stroud! Lol.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Worst service ever! Waitress was a rude and inappropriately dressed. Other waitress was combing another's hair at table where customers dined. All the while they were playing on cell phones. It was hard to tell who was in charge!

3  Thank jwillmore
rockcafert66, Owner at Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

As the owner, I remember this moment. It was a 107 degree Oklahoma Saturday at the cafe. Our busiest day of the week. We were lucky that nearing the end of the day it was a little slow. We were all sitting about relaxing a little as we wound up the day. As a family, my 11 year old son was getting his hair teased by his 17 year old sister whom both adore each other. I apologize if I seemed rude, I recall being very happy about the way the day went and the last few customers were being handled. My shorts were short that day... At 42 I work hard to stay fit and healthy. I suppose that is why I was a Porsche and not a Escort. Route 66 is a chance for you to slow down a little. After a long day of working together as a family, I'm proud we can still be that close as a family at days end. Sorry your experience was taken badly but I wouldn't push this hard opinion out to the world.

Been to Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!