“Nice stop on any route 66 trip”
Review of Rock Cafe

Rock Cafe
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Rock Cafe has been located on Route 66 in Stroud, OK for more then 70 years. The diner still has its original grill. The current owner was used as inspiration for the character "Sally" in the Pixar/Disney film Cars. The cafe has been in many publications and television programs including Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. We are open 7 days a week 7am until 8pm.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a great little place to stop for some small town food and atmosphere. the owners are nice and are great to the kids they hire locally. We all go there to eat sometimes. It's a little higher than most local places but we pay it because it's The Rock in Stroud! Lol.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Worst service ever! Waitress was a rude and inappropriately dressed. Other waitress was combing another's hair at table where customers dined. All the while they were playing on cell phones. It was hard to tell who was in charge!

3  Thank jwillmore
rockcafert66, Owner at Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

As the owner, I remember this moment. It was a 107 degree Oklahoma Saturday at the cafe. Our busiest day of the week. We were lucky that nearing the end of the day it was a little slow. We were all sitting about relaxing a little as we wound up the day. As a family, my 11 year old son was getting his hair teased by his 17 year old sister whom both adore each other. I apologize if I seemed rude, I recall being very happy about the way the day went and the last few customers were being handled. My shorts were short that day... At 42 I work hard to stay fit and healthy. I suppose that is why I was a Porsche and not a Escort. Route 66 is a chance for you to slow down a little. After a long day of working together as a family, I'm proud we can still be that close as a family at days end. Sorry your experience was taken badly but I wouldn't push this hard opinion out to the world.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We ate here at 1:30 pm on Saturday and the small cafe was packed. We got a table quick though and all four servers helped us during our meal. The food was tasty and about what you'd expect for a little greasy spoon diner. The cafe has a lot of history and the kids enjoyed all the references to the "cars" movie.

Thanks for your review! :)

Reviewed July 21, 2012

You can not beat the service, but I felt it was a little overpriced. A chicken club sandwiche with french fries and a glass of sweet tea was $11 and change after tax. Service was great and kept tea full at all times. Nothing really stood out on the menu, was my 4th time thier. Food was prepared well, but probably won't be back due to price and lack of excitment on menu.

We price things according to food costs. Most say we are underpriced. We believe in high quality products. This sandwich because of its high cost ingredients is one of the higher items yet still for under $12 you are waited on tableside and have a drink and meal. There are many lower priced choices. I do hope if your ever this way the ca of our fine service and option to have a 5.99 burger and fries and glass of water will get you back in the doors of one of Oklahomas oldest Cafe's and possibly the states oldest grill. Betsy, our 1939 grill, will be hot and ready.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Found this place by chance. Best, tastiest, tenderest chicken fry I've ever tasted. And I know a thing or two about chicken fry having lived in Oklahoma all my 50+ years. This might have been the 100,,000th chicken fry of my life (including hundreds or thousands at the famous Nelson's Buffeteria in Tulsa), but it was three best.

Been to Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!