“Best MicroTel I've statyed in (except for the cricket)”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stillwater
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just a great room. Large, well appointed, suite type, great bed, big HDTV (but no Golf Channel), the best room at a MicroTel ever. But there was one cricket that I got tired of sharing the room with. The quality of the microwave, refrig, etc was super.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank porkman

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place is a solid choice in Stillwater for those seeking nice (enough) accommodations in a convenient location. The rooms are clean, new, good size, and within walking distance of the OSU campus. Add in the price of $110 on a game day weekend and it's hard to beat!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Very clean with good rooms at a very good price a block away from the OSU campus. Would stay here again without a second's hesitation. Looks like the rooms have been recently remodeled.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I complained to te front desk 4 times about the air conditioner not working! They kept telling me to give it time to work!! Finally at 2:30 AM they moved me into a room with a working unit !! Now no one wants to partially refund some of my money for the me having move rooms in the middle of the night!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I don't what everyones fuss about this hotel was but I thought it was a pretty great hotel. And I got a great rate on it from priceline.com for $55.00 a night. We stayed 2 nights here, the room was nice and clean, it was a big pretty large room, the tv was nice and good channels, the lobby was super nice decorated for Christmas, there was a work out room with a treadmill, elliptical machine and waits, also there was a pool outside looked nice we didn't use because it was to cold, the contental breakfast was average for a hotel. As for safety and get things stolen we had no troubles there either. But just to say one thing you are pretty dumb if you leave valuables in any hotel when your room is getting cleaned, it says on the hotel room door don't leave things of value in your room. Anyways this was a great hotel and a great value we will defiantly stay here again when we come back to Stillwater.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed July 16, 2011

While checking out I failed to pick up my wife's Kindle from the side of the bed. I noticed it but failed to reconize it for what it was. I thought it was hotel and Stillwater information. Upon checking my e-mail I noticed several e-mails from Amazon as to orders placed. Same day, several hours later and no one had checked into the room. I called the front desk. Nothing had been turned in. Asked for the manager to call me. Never Did. Police report was made. DONT STAY THERE!!!!!! I had read the other review about the purse and diamond ring. Though to myself. surley they had made corrections. I WAS WRONG. This after having to move the first night because of bugs in the room. I parked by the dumpster in the back as we returned late one evening. Family of Racoons all around the dumpster.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank RippedOff42
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We arrived at Microtel around 1pm and allowed early check-in with no extra fee. Damon who worked the front desk was very professional and helpful. We reserved the 2 Queen room, which happened to face East. This was good because I like to rise with the sun. Our room was clean with a professionally outfitted interior including mood calming colors, modern furniture, a microwave, alarm clock, fridge and coffee maker. The wall mounted flat screen plasma made watching satellite tv much more enjoyable. The room also included a bench seat window with extra storage aside from the closet.

POOL: We enjoyed the pool on our first evening, which was surrounded by a wooded nature scenery. The pool area also had nice patio furniture including a modern grill and fireplace.

BREAKFAST ROOM: We ate our complimentary breakfast each morning. A sample menu included: waffles (waffle station), muffins, bagels, several types of cereal, coffee, espresso, hot chocolate, milk and orange juice.

LAUNDRY ROOM: We did our laundry during our stay in the complimentary laundry room for guests. This amenity was awesome because we didn't have to lug around dirty laundry. There's no need for coins because each machine was commercial grade and coin-free.

FITNESS ROOM: I only toured the fitness facility during my staff; however, my husband actually worked out. The fitness room is small but includes state of the art equipment --treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle, free weights/weight bench, and a flat screen plasma tv.

Overall, our stay at Microtel was nothing short of excellent. The rate was very competitive compared to other boutique hotels within the area. I was very surprised to learn that Microtel is a part of the Wyndham Hotel brand.

We will definitely stay at Microtel (Stillwater) in the future!

Room Tip: Sign up for the Wyndham rewards program