“Great place to stay anytime!”

Wyndham Garden Stillwater
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Awesome stay! They have redone this hotel it used to be Stillwater plaza now Wyndham Garden. The updates are awesome! The beds are super comfortable and they are pretty high of the ground which we liked. Their breakfast was awesome they had your normal waffles and cereal but they also had biscuits and gravy oatmeal already cooked and lots of other stuff. The hot tub was amazing the pool was a little cold but for being an inside pool it was nice. The staff was super helpful, Amanda was great she helped get us checked in and checked us out. She was super nice and was always smiling! We got a great rate on Hotwire so anyone who wants to stay her check there first!

• Stayed: November 2012
WyndhamGM S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and feedback on our property. We have been working on our hotel very hard to get it to a much higher standard. Its always great to get good feedback on our staff. We are glad you had a good stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

stayed 2 nights while visiting son at school and going to ball game . atrium style lobby very dark at night . it's an old hotel they've tried to update . it's still an old hotel with new furniture . very small rooms , noisy air conditioner . very clean , no complaints there . it just didn't impress me @ $150 a night .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
WyndhamGM S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We appreciate you staying at our hotel. We are constantly trying to better our property as much as we can, with what we have. As you stated we do have constraints of the building and size of the rooms, but we have made many upgrades to the rooms including all new furniture and fixtures. All new beds and linens, all new fixtures in the restrooms, which include granite counter tops. We are glad your room was clean, our housekeeping staff tries very hard to keep our entire property clean and presentable.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel previously, so was a bit wary of my mother staying here for the football game. When we arrived it was clear they have done a ton of work on the place. It was clean and new looking, the beds were good, and the nice clerk Matt helped me get Mom's scooter down from my pickup. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff was attentive to your needs.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was a bit worried prior to this stay, as I had been here when it was Stillwater convention center. We stayed here for OSU's homecoming weekend. First of all, I have to say that we paid way too much, but that is the way it has become for football weekends in Stillwater--and that's a good thing, if you're a football fan because it means they are doing well. But, price aside, I was VERY PLEASED. Our room was very nice. I LOVED the mattress and even pulled up the sheets and pad before we left to see what kind it was. The place was very clean everywhere I looked. You can tell it is a structure that has been there many years, but it looks so nice now. We were not bothered by noise. The bathroom was spotless and attractively re-done. The bed linens were plush and we had plenty of pillows. The indoor pool is in a separate area from the main lobby and breakfast area, and I did not go in there. I don't enjoy indoor pools and have never been around one that DOESN'T create a musty, chlorine smell, so am surprised when people complain about it..... I also am amazed at people that criticize the complimentary breakfast....I couldn't think of anything that was missing--waffle maker, hot biscuits, eggs, bacon/sausage, yogurt, juices, fruit, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, cereal, etc. I guess they had to get it themselves, so that made it unacceptable??? I usually give my stars based on value for what I paid. For what I paid this is not a 5-star, but I'm giving this five stars to try to make up for all the bad reviews from when it opened before all the rooms were renovated. I also know if I came on a non-football weekend I'd be paying a fair price to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your response and information on your stay.
As you stated, with us being a college town, our rates to vary greatly during a game weekend. We try to better our value to you by trying to put out the best product we can. Typically on game weekends we have a much bigger food selection on our breakfast buffet, and we also try to offer cookies and browies throughout the day at our front desk.
We proudly offer Bath and Body works products, as well as Wolfgang Puck coffee in our rooms, as an added value and comfort to your stay.
We do know you have options when staying in Stillwater, and we greatly appreciate you staying with us.

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGM S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012