“wonderful minestrone soup”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is the best Italian restaurant in Stillwater, in my opinion. The food is freshly prepared, and they have the best minestrone soup I have ever had. It has a chicken broth base with a lemony taste to it, rather than the traditional tomato. The garlic rolls and salad are also really good!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Whenever I visit Stillwater, I love to eat at DaVinci's. The food is so authentic. I am an American Italian born and raised in Little Italy in New York. I rarely can even tolerate so-called Italian food. I even went to Italy and was disappointed, but DaVinci is the real thing.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I usually take people's assessments of restaurants with a grain of salt. But I admit I let the comments of "overpriced" outweigh my better instincts with this place. Grad students aren't the best judges of price - nor value.

Value... this place has value. Maybe it is in part the fact that it costs me a lot more in gas to drive to Guthrie for Italian at Roma's, but this place certainly lessens my desire to make that drive.

And this place literally kills my desire to return to another frequent source of seafood - Golden Dragon. In my review of them I said I was "addicted to their Crispy Squid." No more. Now I can get calimari almost as good as Roma's (tenacles included!!! a must) without having to drive 30 minutes.

The Golden Dragon's small (but tasty) portions of thick squid are now just a memory (although I really crave their garlic/chili paste - I made do at Da Vinci's by mixing lots of crushed red pepper into the good marinara sauce served with the calimari )

All I ordered for lunch yesterday was calimari - nothing else. Anything more would have been way too much. I hope more restaurants catch on to the idea of tapas - small and excellent portions of a variety of dishes. We don't need giant portions. Panevino in Enid is doing it right. No need to order entrees, and come away far more satisfied taste-wise. Sorry off subject...

The bread and butter served with each meal at Da Vinci's is a great addition and that filled me up more than I should have let it (I have learned how to - usually - eat slowly and stop when I am full. That bread is too good though).

The time previous... I ordered an entree (with salad) and wine as well as the obligatory calimari. That was not cheap, but it was a wonderfully good seafood over linguine. I ate *way* too much...

Unlike the mediocre Italian (and glassblowing) place in Edmund called Italian Jim's (recommended by a student - go figure) , Da Vinci's is *much* more authentic (although they do all speak English, unlike Roma's in Guthrie).

I spent my formative (taste) years in Kansas City. I know really great Italian food. This place reminds me of some of the 2nd tier places in KC , better than very good but not really excellent. I do highly recommend it if you are in Stillwater.

But you know what? even if Da Vinci's were mediocre (and it is not!), don't make a poor moral choice and go across the parking lot to the pedestrian choice - Olive Garden.

The service was as good or better than elsewhere in this region. Tip accordingly please. I go high here @18 - 20% if that says anything to you.

2  Thank coffeesnob
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great italian food, good sized portions, fairly priced. The restuarant was a bit too dark for my taste and the service was average. But the food made up for it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I LOVE this place. Great and very helpful waiters. They have a nice wine selection and the food is fantastic. The average plate is around $10 and you get enough food for two meals. Don't even think about going to the Olive Garden next door as it is terrible with awful service and unclean dishes.