“Perfect in every way”

Hampton Inn & Suites Stillwater
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This stay was for a family member enrolling at OK. State and the place was fairly full of families with similar purpose. We had booked early so we could get a nice room and it was even better than we could have hoped. From the front desk folks (Hi, Jay and Heather) to the housekeeping staff, everyone was friendly, accommodating and eager to make sure our stay was perfect.

I travel often in the U.S. and abroad as part of my life as a writer and speaker and my spouse is a retired Corporate jet captain. We have spent a great deal of time in hostelries of one kind or another and this one ranks with much more expensive ones. The decor is much nicer than we expected, with public areas looking more like a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons than a Hampton.

Our suite was roomy and so comfortable, mattresses were the always blissful ones Hampton features and exceptional cleanliness was the rule everywhere.

Breakfast featured a good array of fresh fruits and breakfast treats, replenished constantly and even a decent brand of tea instead of the nasty stuff usually found. The coffee drinkers in our family said the coffee was very good and always hot.

The pool and gardens were lovely and we enjoyed the waterfall and koi pond especially. We all enjoyed swimming in a pool that wasn't frigid, as some others had been along our way. Wi-Fi worked without a glitch and having room to do paperwork was a plus.

We plan to stay here on future strips whenever possible.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably good. The staff will do whatever they can to give you one to your liking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HamptonStillwater, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Hi this Jay Martin Guest Relations Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites here in Stillwater. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I really enjoyed visiting with you and getting to hear about all the different places you had stayed! As a very frequent traveler, you have seen all kinds of hotels and the fact that you had such wonderful things to say about our property means a great deal to us! I'm glad you enjoyed your suite so much as well as our grounds and many of our other amenities. I will certainly pass your kind words along to other members of our staff as I know they will be thrilled to hear such glowing things from someone like yourself. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope you hurry back to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Overall, I was satisfied with our night at this hotel. My only complaint would be the shower curtain seemed dirty, but everything else was clean. Bed and room were comfortable, and the hotel seems like it has been kept up with well. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi this is Jay Martin Guest Relations Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites here in Stillwater. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We do strive for excellence in all areas of our property and while it does sound that overall your experience was a pretty positive one, I do apologize for the issue with the shower curtain. That certainly is not up to par for our standards. I will look into this issue personally. However, I do thank you very much for the kind words you had for the cleanliness of our hotel and we are thrilled to hear that you would stay here again! Until we see you again, thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The front desk allowed a call to be transferred to my room. I was told there was a problem with the computers and they need my credit card information. This was a SCAM. When I verified it with the front desk, I had to cancel my credit card. Their main concern was that my card might not go through to pay for my room, not the inconvenience I was going to have without that credit card in the middle of a trip.

2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because I'm a Hilton Honors member and I love the Hampton chain. I was extremely pleased as always. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was excellent at check-in. The lobby and breakfast area were spacious and seemed brand new. This appeared to be a brand new hotel. Breakfast the next morning was great also. The location is awesome, no more than two or three minutes from the OSU campus which was awesome! I loved that all of the staff was wearing special olympic shirts. We felt so welcomed. The only issue we had was the toilet would not flush on the second morning, but hotel staff brought us a plunger. I would have preferred they unstopped it themselves, but we took care of it. Overall, excellent stay.

1  Thank tvlady911
HamptonStillwater, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Hi this is Jay Martin Guest Relations Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites here in Stillwater. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am thrilled that it was such a positive one! Special Olympics is such a special time for us. We enjoy being able to provide a memorable experience but it is also so important to us to see all the smiles and hear all the laughter from those athletes. We try to the best of our ability to make our hotel look and feel as new as possible so we are glad that we accomplished that goal for you. I apologize for the issue with the toilet, we will instruct our staff to take care of that issue ourselves next time. Thank you again for your very kind words and we hope to see you again very soon here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Stillwater!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Entry area was very nice. When you walked in the room you can smell how clean it was. Very nice hotel. The bathrooms were furnished with everything you might need. People that worked there were very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim D
HamptonStillwater, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hi this is Jay Martin Guest Relations Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Stillwater. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate your very kind words! Our goal is to give you an experience that is second to none and when we accomplish that goal, we feel our job has been done. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again very soon on your next trip through Stillwater!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is always clean. The staff is always helpful and friendly. We have stayed at this Hampton several times and it stay is always enjoyable. The breakfast is alway very good. We always try to stay at this Hampton when we have business in Stillwater.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi this is Jay Martin Guest Relations Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites Stillwater. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate you being such a loyal guest with us! Our return guests are a great way for us to know that our hard work is paying off! We try to make everyone's stay memorable and the fact that you feel strong enough about each stay to come back again, is a great source of pride for us. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Stillwater!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 3 years in a row for Special Olympics. The rooms are very clean and smell wonderful. The bathrooms are very nice and well maintained. The bed is sooo comfy. The breakfast is outstanding-- a wonderful variety from which to choose. A complimentary newspaper is available in the breakfast area. We will be booking our next Special Olympics stay here.