“As good as the reviews said”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater -University Area
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Oklahoma City, OK
“As good as the reviews said”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent one night in this La Quinta and were very happy. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The checkin and checkout processes were easy. The hotel itself seemed to be pretty new and the layout and flooring, etc showed this.

I was very happy with the breakfast. I think at one point someone asked about bananas (which had run out). The staff said that their shipment had not come in yet but then I think one of them actually went out and bought some bananas so there would be some. Plenty of other food choices. Several in my group went swimming and my wife made use of the fitness center, including the treadmill and elliptical.

Only a couple of minor annoyances at all. The channels on the TV in a couple of instances did not match up with what was on the card. Additionally, there was no preview channel, so you couldn't see what was on or coming up.

Also, there were people walking down the hallway and talking pretty loudly after 10 at night, but that could have been a particular crowd and doesn't really reflect on the hotel itself. I would highly recommend this location if you are in Stillwater.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Prosper, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had reservations and check-in was easy for a one-night stay. The lobby was clean and tidy, the elevator was very bright and spacious, and the rooms were clean and the beds had a separate blanket and cover (which gives you some options for setting the room temperature). The beds were quite comfortable - firm but with pillowtop feel on top. The only complaint I have is that, even though the hotel was not nearly full, we were given a room that shared a wall with the ice machine. We didn't notice the noises until we all got quiet to go to sleep. We were kep awake and awakened by the machine's sounds we could hear through the wall, so we didn't rest well at all. I'm not sure why the hotel staff would assign those rooms when others are available. That aside, we would stay here again after ensuring that our room wasn't next to the ice machine.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that share a wall with the ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place was everything you'd want in a hotel.Clean rooms,friendly staff, tremendous value.The GM,Kelly really sets the tone the minute you walk in.I travel a few hundred nights yearly and I know the difference between fake cheeriness and a genuine outreach.The people here act and look like they enjoy their jobs,each other and the customers.Beyond that,they delivered.Even the housekeeping staff was efficient and friendly.this is my first review on Trip Advisor and i know it would make for more interesting reading if this place was awful.But,it wasn't.When in Stillwater,look no further!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family came out to the area for a campus tour of OSU..we where very pleased with our stay at the hotel. The beds where comfort and the room was very spacious. We would stay here again whenever back in stillwater.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This property is amazing for the price you pay per night (roughly $84.00 a night). The first impression you have is the super friendly staff that greets you. The lobby is clean and spacious. The next thing that impressed me is the size of the hallways. The really put some thought into this as they are very wide.

The room (stayed in room number 222) was gorgeous. The bed (which I am very picky about) was super comfortable. The room has wood floors and carpet. The bathroom was impeccable. It has a type of granite style counter tops. The room also came with a microwave and refrigerator.

A very comfortable and nice desk is also in the room with a very nice chair to sit and work while two chairs can serve as a sitting/visiting area.

There is a very nice and complete gym room, business center and breakfast area.

I was very impressed with this property. My work normally puts me in five star hotels when I travel and this property would rival some of the hotels I have stayed in with very friendly staff, beautiful and comfortable rooms.

Highly recommended for business or pleasure. We were here for a family funeral but if you are coming to OSU or the area, I would stay here any day of the week.

Room Tip: Usually the higher you stay the better. In this instance, the second floor works great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daugher and wife made the trip to Stillwater for OSU Senior Day and were very happy with this hotel. They found that LaQuinta Team provided excellent service and the hotel was immaculate. It is an easy drive to the OSU campus and allowed easy access to the university.

We have grown to trust La Quinta in providing excellent service and the Stillwater Suites were top notch. We will be visiting again as my daughter makes her final decision between her finalist schools. If she does attend OSU, the suites at Stillwater will be our home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business