“Our Home Away From Home”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater -University Area
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Garnett, Kansas
“Our Home Away From Home”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

La Quinta Inn of Stillwater has definitely became our home away from home and our kids just may have to adopt Gus with La Quinta into the fam as "Uncle Gus" because he has saved the day AGAIN!! While we were visiting a few days after Christmas my husband became ill with some sort of stomach bug and in my rush to leave I didnt notice when my two year old hid her new prized ponies in the dresser right before leaving. After returning home and unloading I noticed they were gone and I called the hotel and the first person was unable to find them so we kept looking at home and still couldnt find them. At this point I had an idea.I remembered my previous trip last summer and how helpful an employee named Gus was to our family and how much it meant to us. Soooo I decided it was time to call out a search party lead by GUS for the Princess Ponies and Gus with La Quinta never disappoints and the ponies were found and are now reunited with our 2 year old little girl. These may seem like little things but trust me they are not at all these are HUGE things to families, these things create lifetime customers. So from my 2 year old to you...."Thank you Uncle Gus!"

Room Tip: I loved the suite rooms upstairs! The extra room is worth it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
keli r, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater -University Area, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are so pleased that Gus was able to assist you in finding the little ponies . Thank you for the wonderful comments and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ennis, TX
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the La Quinta in Stillwater, OK on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. The service was excellent and my room was spotlessly clean. I needed a few extra linens and pillows for other guests, and it was no problem getting them. I asked for them on the way to dinner, and when I got back they were in my room. I appreciate that!

We also used the indoor heated pool and hottub, both were VERY clean and well-maintained. The hottub temperature was nice and warm, and the temperature of the pool was also spot on. Pool towels were provided in the pool area, so it was really nice not to have to go ask for one while dripping wet or use a bunch of towels from the room.

We ate breakfast as well. It was excellent, especially the warm biscuits! Breakfast was served until 10 am, and we didn't make it down until about 9:50. There were no biscuits left, and because it was so close to breakfast being over I didn't ask for any. Yet about 2 minutes later they brought out piping hot biscuits. They were delicious. They also had sausage, and mini ham, egg, and cheese omelets that were very good. Also included was gravy, bagels, muffins, cereals, hot homemade waffles, fruit, and juices. The breakfast had a wide variety and was really excellent.

The location of the La Quinta is also very good. It's a little way out of town, and well off the side of the highway, so there's no road noise to keep you awake.

Checking in and out were very fast and efficient and the people at the front desk were very friendly, also a HUGE positive.

I highly recommend this La Quinta for your next visit to Stillwater, OK.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, get the king suite. There are 2 large rooms. One has a king bed and th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ProDoula
Allen, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed on a Monday night and not too crowded. We did appreciate the large room since we have 4 kids. Breakfast was a winner and not too crowded. Pool was warm but on the small side of what we are used to. Very close to OSU campus! Laundry facilities and work-out room!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Patricia D
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have family outside Stillwater so I have stayed at many of the hotels there & this is my new favorite. I have to admit I had bad preconcieved notions about La Quinta properties & have not stayed at one for some time so when this was booked I was disappointed. I was completely wrong. Its a very new hotel or at least appears to be. The lobby & grounds were nice as was the pool. Staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was large, clean & had a nice setup. The hotel seemed spotless at the time of my stay. The breakfast was very good & was actually well stocked. The only two things even almost bad was it had the slowest elevator I've seen in my life. It seems to take a full two minutes to go one floor, I honestly started taking the stairs. Also I've never seen so many dogs in a hotel. I'm assuming some event had to be going on. Every guest seemed to have one. But it did not bother me at all because they seem to do a great job cleaning as there was no lingering smell or anything else. Overall a great choice for those staying in Stillwater!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family