“Dirty room”

Residence Inn Stillwater
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
“Dirty room”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Marriott used to be the mark that set the standard. Not here. Unfortunately, this area is being run over by oil field hands and the hotels are full of them. Rooms, lobby, parking lot...all dirty from mud tracked in from the oil fields. Everyone in OK is all about the boom but I would prefer to stay in a clean room. Last three times I stayed here...I travel for work a lot....the bed skirt was either dirty or torn, stains all over the carpet and disgusting brown marks on the bathroom walls. Bonus- one time I stepped in dog poop in the hallway! Yay me! I get there are accidents when you are a pet friendly hotel...but the manager didn't handle it well. In fact, he was a complete jerk who knew nothing about customer service. I have given this hotel lots of chances but I'm done. Hampton Inn Stillwatwr, here I come!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the fireplace if you travel in the winter. They are more expensive but they ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Residence Inn Stillwater, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in July. I was disappointed to read of the problems you encountered during your stay… However, I do appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention.

As the new General Manager, my staff and I take great pride in the quality of product and services we offer our guests. As with most properties in the Stillwater we have many Oil & Gas Exportation guests. Like you, they really enjoy our larger rooms with the full Kitchens and fireplace.

It is obvious that we fell below our standards during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that your issues have been resolved.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you experienced and I hope you will try us again to experience the improvement. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my second extended stay at the Residence Inn. As was my first time, the stay was very enjoyable. The suites are like small apartments..one could live there. Full kitchen, stove, microwave, regular size fridge w/ice maker, dishes, everything you need to feel at home with in the kitchen. Living area with sofa and chair, flat screen TV...very comfortable. Bedroom was spacious with flat screen TV and a nice roomy bathroom. The rate this trip was a mere $104 a night where as previous stays was up to $165+. Not complaining..just go with it! Staff always greeted me when I walked in the lobby either way coming or going. Nice large lobby area with TVs for meeting, relaxing, having breakfast. One of my favorite hotels anywhere. The quibble I have with this property is the daily breakfast and evening "meal". The food is obviously processed and heated up or cooked in a microwave. The bananas were the only fresh food served. The evening "meal" is straight out of a bag and/or can which I attempted to eat one time and just couldn't force myself to try it again. The lighting is broken on one side of the service area which was broken the last time I stayed there in Aug. But, all said, it's still a very nice comfortable hotel to stay in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Reading your review gave me a great sense of pride in knowing that we were successful with providing an enjoyable experience. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire staff. I agree with your comments concerning our past menu options for Evening Social and for that reason we made several changes to our menu. We have added many fresh items and fruit. The light has been fixed long ago, come see the new and improved and please stop and say hello.

Best regards and safe travels,
Reno
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very poorly managed property. On the second morning of my stay my shower did not work. Are you kidding me? The front desk staff response was horrid. I finally got a key to go to another room to shower. I had to take the initiative to ask for the manager to call me, and I had to tell him that he was going to give me a night free - all things he should have initiated. When I returned to my room that day around 3 pm my shower was fixed the room still had not been serviced. It was not done until almost 3:30 pm. The room is comfortable but the plumbing old. You have to hold the toilet handle down a full 3 seconds for it to flush completely.

If you stay here insist on not staying on the first floor. This is a party hotel and the first floor is very noisy. You know when you walk past a room and the door is propped open there is a party in the room - several of those every night of my stay near my room. The lobby is also very noisy at night with people gathering.

Breakfast is adequate but the first morning of my stay the eggs were empty by 6:20 and it took 15 minutes for them to be filled again. Lots of work crews also stay here for some reason so not a great family spot.

Not up to Marriott standards and that is all due to poor management. Staff are not properly trained and key facilities not properly maintained. Avoid this place.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the first floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RenoBret
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your past stay. As the new General Manager, I wanted to respond to your past review. We take great pride in the quality of product and service we offer our guests. I see you had several issues from your past stay and wanted to let you know, those issues have been resolved. I can only hope will give us another opportunity to wow you.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience and I hope you will stop and say hello on your next visit to the Stillwater area.

Best regards and safe travels,
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Came to visit my daughter at OK State. The place was clean and the staff very accomodating. Flew all the way from Hawaii to visit and was glad to see a barbeque that I could use to fix my daughter some local favorites. Would recommend this as a safe and affordable place when visiting Stillwater.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Grapevine, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice place and happy with the hotel. They were a little late on cleaning the room after the first night but overall nice place to stay. Really like the lounge area and being able to relax with friends. Had little areas where we could go to talk and watch a game separate from the main room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Antlers, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were in Stillwater for "greek discovery day" at OSU. The hotel is not within walking distance to the college. That was the only drawback. Other than that it was a wonderful stay!! The room we were in could comfortably sleep 5. The breakfast was hot and delicious. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year, this time to atteend OSU youth soccer camp.

Close enough to everything and everywhere we needed to be.

Friendly staff, great suite on 4th floor, decent breakfast and well tended to. Salt water pool, comfy lobby.

Could use more towels in the pool area.

Will be back next year.