I booked a room for my family of four for OSU's homecoming. As a commercial pilot I thought I had seen the good, bad and ugly of hotels but I was totally unprepared for this experience. We checked in early afternoon on Friday and began to bring in our luggage. The elevator was extremely slow even though no one else was using it at the time. Upon arriving on the third floor we were met with the smell of urine. The smell grew stronger as we neared our room. I opened the door of our room and was overwhelmed by the even more putrid smell of vomit. I closed the door and ushered my family and our luggage back to the front desk.
I explained the situation to the young woman working the front desk and she responded that there were no other rooms we could move to. That simply did not make sense because it was so early in the day, plus the fact that the desk was covered in sets of keys for people who had not checked in yet. I asked to speak to the manager.
The manager Lisa came to the desk and I tried to calmly explain the situation to her. She became irrate when I told her we needed to change rooms and clearly she had open rooms available. Lisa said our only option was to stay in the room she had assigned to us or move to the La Quinta across town. I advised Lisa that the La Quinta was not an option for us because my wife and children are allergic to dogs and they allow animals there. She said ok then stay in the room you are in now, turned and walked away from the desk.
It took me 3 hours to get the hotel clerk and the manager who now would not come out of her office to agree to release us from the hotel with no charge. We had to drive an hour to Oklahoma City to find a room and my children missed the Homecoming Walkaround. I am just stunned by the conditions and behavior of staff at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a hotel rich with small town charm and Oklahoman hospitality - all within walking distance of Oklahoma State University. With an indoor heated pool, fourth floor bar, and spacious rooms, guests of ours don't have to go far to relax! A complimentary, full hot breakfast buffet greets guests each morning and ensures a great start to the day. Indulge yourself in favorites like buttery waffles, pastries, fresh fruits, a cereal and yogurt bar, and 100% Arabica coffee or cold juices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Cimarron Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cimarron Hotel Stillwater
- Best Western Cimarron Hotel And Suites